Gallions View Care Home, London, London

Gallions View offers a versatile range of care provision, including skilled nursing and dementia care, palliative, respite and convalescence care, as well as being suitable for adults with Parkinson’s disease.

Consisting of four individual houses, the home life is structured to allow carers to specialise in the different forms of care, concentrating on the individual in order to support both physical and mental health.

Individual tastes and dietary requirements are incorporated into the food menu, which is made using fresh and seasonal produce by an experienced chef.

Reminiscence-based activities support residents with dementia, while there are many social events, games and entertainments that clients can enjoy as well as their own hobbies.

Person in charge: Kate Emery (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Greenwich Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, French, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gallions View Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Gallions View Care Home is based on 38 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.334 is made up of 4.717 Points relating to the ratings and 4.617 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My sister moved into this nursing home in July 2015. In August 2015 it was her birthday. She was taken into the lounge and everyone made her feel special and sang happy birthday, a cake was also provided by the home. My sister required 24hr care and cannot communicate. I can't thank the staff enough for all their help and understanding. At Christmas 2015 a Christmas party was arranged and an entertainer booked. This was a wonderful afternoon for residents and staff and I was made to feel very welcome. It is just like a family atmosphere well done to everyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The level of care involved was fantastic. However I felt that there was a high proportion of white processed bread and refined foods. My father and presumably others were often constipated and receiving laxatives, there di not seem to be much fibre in the diet.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My father has been in Gallions View nursing home for about 3 months now and he is a resident in Squires House. We were so concerned about him going into care but he has been so contented since he has been there. The staff are so lovely and work very hard to insure the residents are comfortable and looked after. The food is in abundance and there are a few choices and staff make sure everyone has plenty to eat and offer different meals if a resident doesn't eat what is offered. The bedrooms are roomy and you can bring in any personal items to make the rooms more like home. My mum & dad celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary very recently and the staff put banners up and made it very special for when we arrived. The chef even made a beautiful cake for them at very short notice which was so kind. I visit dad every day and he is always happy. You can visit any time without any notice. I would highly recommend Gallions View as they cater for a variety of needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My Late Mother was admitted to this home at the end of January 2015 until 4th March 2015, and in this time my mother had the following problems -

She had very severe sacral pressure sores on her sacrum (described as Grade 2) and two other sores on her back around the waist area , described as Grade 2 and 3 sore.

In addition she had a wound on her left elbow and a skin tear to her lower right skin,
when the London Ambulance Service collected my Late Mother they reported that my mother appeared to be dirty and unkempt and her hair was matted, they transferred her to hospital on the same day.
I met my mother in the hospital at 2am and was very horrified and very upset and this will be with me as long as I live.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely UNLIKELY

Overall Standard: Very Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Management: Very Poor

Safety / Security: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

JW, Marketing Executive at Gallions View Care Home responded to this review on 12 Nov 2015:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority.

We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can discuss this feedback further.

My friend had no relatives so I had to look for a nursing home. I met the manager Kate she made me tea gave me tissues and reassured me. The home is amazing. The staff are brilliant and I am so glad my friend is here. They care. They laugh. They just do so much. I really can not recommend the home enough. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Like to thank the staff of Duncan House for the care of my mum, she's a different lady from the one that came from the QE2 Hospital.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My family and I felt you treated my father with the utmost respect and gave him the dignity he deserved. Your care was unprecedented .

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

We would like to thank Duncan House staff at Gallions View Nursing home for the care they showed towards our mum while she was with them for the last 6 months of her life. Last year was a shock for the family especially once she had her second stroke so soon after the first. Finding a nursing home was not an easy task. Gallions had the right environment, all on one floor, music being played as she loved music, access to a TV in her room and staff popping into see her all the time. She was able to personalise her room how she wanted to with her personal items. We knew mum was happy in her new surroundings as far aw we could tell and every single one of the staff that looked after her were kind, gentle and showed her every consideration. I will always be grateful to you for that welcome cup of tea or coffee when I arrived to see my mum after the long drive. Thank you all at Gallions View

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Mum has been a resident since December 2013; temporary and now permanent. My brother Terry and I are regular visitors, Terry especially so, and we would like to express our views on the quality of the care and nursing support Mum receives from the staff at Hutton House. Jharna and her Team provide an excellent service.

Terry visits every other day and keeps a watchful eye on all that happens at Hutton House. The staff are courteous, professional and in our view go the extra mile in often challenging circumstances. They make decisions between competing demands, deal with the difficult and confused with intelligent kindness and as someone who also works in a service industry, I praise them for their customer focus. In terms of nursing support, Mum has benefited from the attention to her health needs and the determination to manage and improve her well being and quality of life.

Can you please pass on our thanks to the Hutton House Team and the wider Team (laundry, kitchen, admin, maintenance and grounds management – apologies if I have left anyone out) and let them know that we really appreciate their support in looking after our mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Having recently passed away, our Mum was cared for by the amazing staff at Gallions View for over a years. We couldn't have been more impressed and amazed by the wonderful way in which she was looked after each day she spent there. We wish to express our heartfelt appreciation for the kindness and excellent care our Mum received during her stay with you. We know she received the best care available. The sensitivity and support of your fine, caring staff (Honor, Maj, Jahana, Eleanor and Roy just to name a few) helped us in her final days and we will never forget the kindness we all received at such a sad time. Please express our appreciation and thanks to everyone who worked with our Mum. We would thoroughly recommend your home to others.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

A beautiful home with caring staff from all departments. The food is excellent, the activity staff work very hard, the carers and nurses are the best. The senior staff are always willing to listen. A very good home that bends over backwards to always help.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I viewed over twenty residential care homes until I found Gallions View, and considered this home as a suitable placement for my 99 year old mother in law. The ethos created by the house manager and her junior sister is exemplary,welcoming and friendly, yet totally professional. Staff are extremely well trained, working in a bright environment. All residents are treated with the upmost respect and dignity. I would suggest this home is a centre of excellence.

I would highly recommend Squires unit (dementia) at Gallions View Nursing Home. I couldn't speak more highly of the dedicated staff who care 24/7. The unit was extremely clean, never smelt of urine and the residents were very well attended to. The staff were friendly and dedicated. The food is of a very high standard and varied. My mum spent six months here and was happy. It was a big relief to know she was in 'safe hands'.

The staff are wonderful. From the manager meeting us when we looked at the home, to Sue who showed us around. The nurses when my friend moved in to the care staff who are beautiful ladies who smile, laugh and seem to love their job. They work so hard and have made my friends last months a surprisingly positive experience. New friendships have flourished and laughter is now a everyday occurrence. Thank you

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

from the time of her arrival the staff were helpful and friendly to both Christine and myself. Having been diagnosed with terminal cancer we know Christines stay would be short, but the staff always had time to talk to her about her interests and keep her cheerful. On the occasions when Christine needed to leave the nursing home they were always supportive arranging wheelchairs, taxis and a companion when needed.

Excellent service

Our brother was living at Gallions from June till November 2014 he had both Downs Syndrome & Learning Difficulties. He was very well cared for in every way. He was unable to swallow so all his food had to be puréed & it is an example of how they go the extra mile in how all the food was piped onto the plate so the meal looked really good.
The home was always spotlessly clean the care givers were efficient & very kind, he was always dressed well.
During his palliative care period the staff were exceptional helping in every way possible, even to the extent that in his final hours just after his last rites a nurse sat with him holding his hand & sang a couple of hymns to him. Nothing was too much trouble the staff provided us with meals, teas & coffee constantly. Having had some experience of care homes prior to Gallions & I have to say they have changed our view totally on the care industry.
We can whole heartedly recommend The Gallions to anyone looking for this type of home.

How likely would you be to recommend Gallions View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Gallions view offered a wonderful level of support and care for my father, from the moment we brought him in to the time of his passing. In particular the carers were sensitive and friendly. Marg was especially caring to dad, and I know he appreciated it. Thanks to Kate and the team for everything they did.

Mum started here as a respite visitor, she enjoyed her stays and her food although she ate very little. Then staff were pleasant and friendly even when mum wasn't at her best.

Debi is a very kind person treating residents with respect and kindness. She ensures mum is comfortable and takes time to listen to her, she made time to give mum a bath and sometimes in her own time she will come to the home and visit.
I felt happy knowing she was on duty, I knew mum would be treated with care and respect.

Although my wife was in here just over a month, the expert care and attention was second to none. My daughters and I only wish we could have got her there earlier. They care about the residents and even the visitors are made to feel at home. If you want to sleep at night knowing your relatives are being looked after this is the place for you.

Mum was resident at Benns House for 10 months. I have nothing but praise for the way in which she was cared for by the staff.

Thank you to all staff at Gallions. Nothing is ever too much. Always a smile and always there to help. So busy but always a smile. They help my mother and everyone else. I really want to thank Bupa managers they seem to hand pick the very best. I can not fault them. There are individuals who are very special and then others who are extra special. I can't care for my mum but they can and they are always in my prayers to say thank you.

Thank you to all the girls for their kindness. The nurses, carers everyone. You seem to know what my friend needs before she tells you. You are so caring to her and me. Old age has come to both of us, we have been friends for 60 years, thank you for your support so we can continue having good times, especially Ray who sings and musical bingo. Thank you

I would recommend this home to anybody as in my opinion the nurses and carers were so kind to my Mother and general care was excellent. Communication with all the staff was excellent, as they discussed changing her care plane when it became necessary and never failed to phone me if they thought there was a change in my Mothers health. When she died on 22nd July the support my brother and I got was absolutely wonderful.

Dad is settled after 18 months now, and mum seems to be better now after the initial issues with her arrival. There is no doubt that their quality of life is good as it can be,with the only issue being the distance that my bother Steve and I live from you which restricts the amount of visits we can make. We think the staff are marvellous, especially those in Hutton House (with which we have most contact). I was fortunate to be able to join the little outing yesterday to the Arsenal and the staff were great and a thank you to Holly and Jo for all their efforts. I think all the residents really enjoyed it, and stimulus like that does wonders for them. Here's to many more of them! It seems as though the activities have improved since Annie and Holly became involved.

My first experience of a care home. After watching news reports I expected the worse. How wrong. The place was welcoming. The staff so empathic and caring. A really special place. Everyone is so kind and generous of their time. The staff work flat out but always are smiling and taking time with all the residents. My relative is so happy. Thank you to everyone at gallions

This home is beautiful. Welcoming, friendly and the most helpful staff team. They spent 4 hours showing me around answering all my questions. They even told me or advised me to look at other homes so I could make the right choice They told me that if I didn't choose them they still wanted to hear my views I did look at other homes. Nothing compared to the commitment these staff have. After weeks of visiting the hospital I was at my wits end Gallions view has saved me from all that stress. I am smiling and so is my relative Thank you. I owe you so much xxx

My father spent the last six months of his life in Gallions View, during his stay he was treated with dignity from all the staff and he received excellent care and attention at all times. He was always clean and tidy and his room was kept to a high standard. The staff in particular were kind and caring and I know that his last months were a happy time for him as he always was contented. I have no qualms about recommending this nursing home.

I'd like to let the heads of Bupa know how wonderful the staff at Gallions View, especially Hutton House are. I would give the 20 out of 10. My husband has been there since October and the staff have been amazing and accommodating to both myself and everyone that visits. All the staff support each other in a wonderful way and I was going to write a letter but thought I'd tell the main people myself.

The home is amazing. My relative is so happy after a very negative experience in another home. The staff are fantastic. The admin staff, the manager, deputy, nurses, carers and the lady in the kitchen. You know it's heaven, it's safe welcoming and the staff care so much not only for my relative but for me. They offer me tea and meals. They check I am okay to get home. They truly are angels and I think of them as extended family. I would be at a loss without Gallions. I look forward to visiting the home.

The care in this home is of a high standard and commended by the local authority (Greenich)I have no hesitation in recommending it for short term respite care, which is what I have used it for so far, and would most definitely consider it for ling term care should the need arise.

All the staff at Gallions View were kind and considerate at all times. Especially the nurses and carers in Benn House made my father's last couple of weeks the most comfortable as possible and I could not have wished for anything more than they did. 'Excellent'.

The home is just amazing. The staff welcome you with open arms. They are warm friendly and just so helpful. My friend who stays in the home is so happy. The food is exceptional and the activity staff lovely. The admin staff and manager are always available to help you or answer your questions even at weekends. I would stay there myself when the time comes. After seeing the stuff on the TV. This home should be on TV you show everyone else how it's done. They really get it right.

I cannot praise this care home enough, we found all the staff excellent in all aspects. They made my dad's final months the best that they could and I would not hesitate in recommending this care home. We as a family were 100% satisfied. Thank you.

I recommend this home because the staff cater for the residents needs perfectly. They are very helpful, friendly and very caring to residents. I would be only too pleased to recommend this nursing home to anyone who asked me about it.

Although she was only residing here for a very short time the care our Aunt received was excellent. The staff were very caring and totally professional.

My dad went into Gallions View on 23rd December 2013 after spending 4 months in hospital where we thought we going to lose him. Before dad was committed to hospital he was in Residential care at another home, which was awful. Gallions View was recommended to me by my neighbour whose husband had been in care there. The first time I stepped into Squires the first thing that hit me was there was no smell. There is a large bright & airy lounge and wide corridors, it was like paradise compared to where dad had been. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. You can tell it's not just a job to them they actually care about the residents and go out of their way to make the residents life as happy & comfortable as possible. I would definitely recommend Gallions View!!!!!

Submit a Review for Gallions View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gallions View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Gallions View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gallions View Care Home