The Highgate Nursing Home, London, London

The Highgate Nursing Home provides care for both older people with complex care needs and younger adults with physical disabilities. Within the nursing home’s grounds are several residential Bupa Assisted Living properties where residents can benefit from a private and independent living space.

Located in Highgate Village, many rooms have balconies with views of the gardens and London. Each bedroom has been individually designed and furnished. There are five lounges, an airy conservatory and a library for residents to enjoy reading or spending quiet time in. Residents can choose from a wide range of meal options each day, all of which are freshly prepared with seasonal ingredients. Special occasions for residents are always celebrated and often involve a homemade cake!

Afternoons can be spent participating in dance therapy, table top gardening, yoga and books clubs, as well as many other activities. With links to the local community, trips out are regularly organised.

Person in charge: Carol Quinn (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Islington Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 55 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Hindi, Italian, Portuguese, Russian

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on The Highgate Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.4 for The Highgate Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

The Highgate Nursing Home

I'm happy at the Highgate, I feel like home, I feel safe and comfortable in my room. I take part in most of the activities, I enjoy poetry and flower arranging. The food is usually good with a variety of choices.

The Highgate Nursing Home

From even before it was confirmed that we had a room, the attention and understanding we received was amazing. Every one at the home was just amazing, and really went beyond the call of duty. We could not have wished or hoped for a better place for our darling mum to spend her last days in.

The Highgate Nursing Home

I'm happy staying at The Highgate, I enjoy taking part in various activities that the home has to offer. My room is comfortable, I love being able to sit out in the garden. The carers are pleasant and respectful.

The Highgate Nursing Home

I enjoy living at The Highgate, my room is comfortable, I feel I'm well looked after and I enjoy the activities that I take part in.

The Highgate Nursing Home

I enjoy staying at Highgate especially I find my room very comfortable and elegant. I love the garden and enjoy sitting out. I love the music sessions, flower arranging, poetry and being visited by a pat dog once a week.

The Highgate Nursing Home

I have a super comfortable room, I enjoy looking out of my balcony and watching the world go by. I enjoy the food I find it tasty and classy. I don't get out of my room much but I enjoy being visited by various visitors i.e. pat dogs and having my nails done.

The Highgate Nursing Home

Very good - caring - humane treatment. A happy place.

The Highgate Nursing Home

The care and attention given to my father was outstanding in all respects, the warm friendly atmosphere was striking. Excellent food and warm comfortable room. I would recommend this nursing home unreservedly. Extremely well run.

Submit a Recommendation for The Highgate Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for The Highgate Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for The Highgate Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at The Highgate Nursing Home