Bakers Court Care Home, London, London

Bakers Court provides long-term care, nursing, respite, dementia and palliative care. Specialist individual care is also provided for those requiring rehabilitation, and those with challenging behaviour and brain injuries.

The home’s three separate houses have all been purpose-built for effective nursing, and have been recently refurbished. Residents can enjoy well-decorated interiors and views of landscaped gardens.

A variety of meals are available based on the individual requirements of residents. Light snacks are always available, while coffee mornings and afternoon tea are popular.

Daily activities, such as board games, cards and bingo, keep residents active, as do outings to the local pub for lunch. There are also numerous local activities such as ‘Communi-tea’ day where members of the local community are welcomed into the home for tea. Entertainers also regularly visit the home.

Person in charge: Rosalyn Andrew (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Newham Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 78 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Head/Brain Injury • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, French, Gujarati, Hindi, Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Bakers Court Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.9 for Bakers Court Care Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.865 is made up of 4.583 Points relating to the ratings and 4.282 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I would recommend Bakers Court as a very friendly and welcoming place. Rose is treated very well by all the staff and is settling well. There are lots of great activities.

Staff are helpful and nice. I feel at home and well looked after.

Happy with all the care I receive, staff are very nice and good entertainment.

It's a nice place to live and I have made lots of lovely friends.

In general everything is fine.

I love my home and all the staff there like my family.

I am so happy here and I would recommend to my friends. I have made a lot of good friends.

When I first came here as a resident I have my doubts about how I would be treated and the general atmosphere. I was in for a pleasant surprise, the staff are very nice indeed. I love it here as I can be as independent as I like.

Very happy, like home from home.

I like living here. It's friendly and I feel safe.

Me, my brother and my sister-in-law are very happy with the care. Our sister is very content and happy here.

Submit a Review for Bakers Court Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Bakers Court Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Bakers Court Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bakers Court Care Home