Elmstead House, London, London

Elmstead House, in Hendon, is skilled nursing home that looks after up to 50 people who have dementia-related illness, using the most modern independent living methods and expertise available.

Care provider, Care UK, is committed to developing effective dementia care services, as the numbers of those with the condition increases, through placing great value on the dignity of individuals and the concerns of loved ones.

Elmstead House looks to encourage as much personal health and fitness as possible amongst residents, running a regular activities programme that includes both outdoor trips and in-house entertainments.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Barnet Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Mental Health Condition • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Challenging Behaviour • Hearing Impairment • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Barnet PCT Referals. Ages 55+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Arabic, French, Hindi, Polish, Romanian, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Elmstead House: click here

There are currently no reviews for Elmstead House

Submit a Review for Elmstead House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Elmstead House

Registered Nurse - RGN, RMN, RNLD

£14.00ph (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Care Assistant

Exceeds National Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Care Assistant

Lorraine

Lorraine McHugh

I first realised that I wanted to work in the care sector when my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I helped to care for him. In 1999 I left my role as a full time mum and became a home care worker with Harrow Social Services and then worked my way up.

As home manager at Elmstead House I always finish the day feeling that I’ve achieved something significant. I love walking around the home, thinking about what improvements we can make to benefit the residents. We’re doing some redecorating, and I’m working with the activity coordinators to make the most of the time we have for activities.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Elmstead House