Franklin House, West Drayton, London

Owned by Care UK, Franklin House is a Middlesex facility with 66 beds for use in various nursing, intermediate care and rehabilitation needs.

The home works closely with local hospitals and aims its services towards helping wards that might become overcrowded with patients recovering from operation or injury that no longer need extensive medical attention but are not yet back to full physical fitness and complete independence.

Through Franklin House's attentive and caring team, residents can develop their lifestyles, personal confidence, health and fitness issues at a manageable pace.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Mathew Mathew (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Hillingdon Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Franklin House: click here

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Franklin House is based on 27 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.263 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.505 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.758 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.263 for Franklin House is based on 27 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.505 for Franklin House is calculated as follows: ( (188 Excellents x 5) + (102 Goods x 4) + (21 Satisfactorys x 3) + (4 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 315 Ratings = 4.505

The Quantity Score of 4.758 for Franklin House is calculated as follows:

It is a very welcoming and happy environment. Residents always appear well cared for and their visitors are warmly welcomed. The effort made to keep the decorations and communal area interesting and current (holiday times such as Xmas, Easter etc) is wonderful. Congratulations on making this care home at times home from home!

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

When visiting my brother-in-law I was very impressed with the cleanliness and the way the patients were looked after and imaginative decoration used through the home. I was told by my sister-in-law the different celebratory times e.g Valentine's day and Easter were very colourful and beautifully done. I always found the staff looking after brother-in-law were always very conscientious and caring, always passing time of the day with visitors and very informative no job was too much and always done with a smile I can honestly say in my opinion my brother-in-law would never have had better care and that males me very thankful.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

My 1st visit to Franklin House was in Oct 2015 when I was looking for a place for my husband suffering from dementia, I had visited a few but my first impression is important, which this home was 100%, showed me round introduced me to staff even the chef. My husband settled in so well. Nursing staff were fantastic, carers everyone, manager, assistant manager, reception area, I couldn't find fault. On the final hours and after I was so glad I had picked this home for him that his final time was with loving caring people. God Bless them.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

My mum moved to Franklin House in November following a spell in hospital. It was the best thing we ever did. It is clear, bright and welcoming, staff are lovely. Sadly she died in March and the care and compassion shown to her and all our family was truly wonderful, and they continued to support our family. Have no hesitation recommending this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

All the staff at Franklin House have been very friendly, helpful, sympathetic and reliable at their job. It is a hard situation to leave a loved one in the care of other people but they have made it easier to leave my dad there when he goes for respite care.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

Dad spent his last 4 months at Franklin House. He was very weak and did not leave his room. Because of this he wanted to have someone to chat to, but he felt that hardly anyone on the staff had the time or the English language skills to talk to him. The permanent staff were very kind but there seemed to be a lot of agency staff with whom Dad had no rapport.

Dad was self funding, so we spent £1000 per week on his care. I feel for this amount of money the food could have been better and maybe more tailored to his likes and dislikes. Perhaps in due course this would have happened.

On the plus side we knew he was in a place of safety and if he fell, which he did a lot, he would be picked up and put back in his chair or bed very quickly.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Food & Drink: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

Jo Hesketh, Marketing Team at Franklin House responded to this review on 08 Jan 2016:

We take any concerns about the quality of our care very seriously and are sorry to hear about your experience at Franklin House. We have a dedicated team of activity staff at Franklin House who try and support all of our residents in participating and being involved in our activity planning, taking into account individual capabilities and choices.
We have a robust recruitment procedure in place and ensure that all our staff receive the highest standard of training to facilitate them to perform their role. All agency staff working in Franklin House undertake the same induction as Care Uk staff before commencing their shifts. The home has recently significantly reduced the agency use in the home following a successful recruitment campaign
However, we do recognise that there is still room to continue improving and remain open to further feedback that may help us identify and address any concerns. At this point, we can only apologise for not meeting your expectations, however if you do have any outstanding issues that you would like to discuss in further detail, we would welcome you making direct contact with either the manager or our regional director.

My Father was reasonably happy here in the last few weeks of his life. However my sister and I feel let down by the manager. When we first brought him in and completed all the paper work we were told that upon his death we would have 2 weeks grace to clear his room, but the manager had his discretion if it was cleared quickly that we would not be charged for those 2 weeks. My father died on the 16th of November, we had cleared his room by lunch time on the 18th of November and we are still being charged until the end of the month. We feel we were misinformed, and this has made a difficult time even harder.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

Value for Money: Poor

We are very sorry to hear that your experience at Franklin House did not live up to your expectations. We make every effort to be transparent and clear in our communication around pricing and payment policies. All of our managers, including our Franklin House Manager, have also been recruited not just on the basis of the quality of their care and clinical skills but also on their ability to work through situations such as yours in a fair and sensitive manner. Without going into detail on your specific situation, our understanding is that it has now been amicably resolved. If this is not the case, or if you still have any lingering concerns, please do get in touch with our regional director or indeed, if you feel it appropriate, you could use our formal complaints process which is detailed on our website – careuk.com

I have found the staff from the manager to be as helpful and courteous as it is possible to be. The whole atmosphere is one of a homely nature even though the building is very secure, also happiness is uppermost in my mind as I visit my friend. Of course the sad part is the reason that all the residents are there, but it's counteracted by the fact that all is being done to make it their very own space.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Likely

My mum is at the home awaiting a permanent placement, I asked for her to stay here but unfortunately she can't as its nursing only. The manager is always smiling very pleasant and helpful. The staff here cant do enough to help with mums needs. They always make visitors very welcome also they treat the residents with respect and dignity. The food is nice and have lots of activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Franklin House? Extremely Likely

I was at Franklin House for 1 week respite care, following an operation. I found it was good, not luxury but the care was what I needed and I got that. Very pleased.

My mum has been a resident of Franklin House for 3 and a half years, she has just turned 100, so Franklin House must be doing something right! What more can I say! I reside in the U.S and come to visit my mum twice a year. Her room is very nice and spacious and I am comfortable with the care she receives while I am so far away.

I would recommend this home to other people, as so far I have found it satisfactory in all areas.

Out of the homes we have experienced in the area; respite care for my father, who is in his 95th year and almost totally dependent, Franklin House has proved the most valuable & understanding. All policies and strategies would appear to be in place to deal with all situations. Medications are given as directed, requests & requirements are followed, privacy and dignity are respected. We know my father is safe, fed, attended to & as comfortable as his situation allows. All concerns are thoroughly & promptly addressed. This is a difficult job and we appreciate it very much.

My friend spent 3 years being looked after by Care UK, and I was always satisfied with the level of care she received to the encouragement by staff to be engaged in activities.
She was spotlessly clean and always enjoyed her food. I felt she was always in a warm safe and friendly home and her medication was administered as necessary.

We didn't want to put mum into a care home, but we had no choice and we couldn't have made a better choice. The staff were warm and friendly, mum was well cared for and always treated with respect.

When a relative goes into a nursing home it can be difficult time for their family as they want the experience to be a positive one. Speaking for myself and my family it was the best choice as our mother was so happy and content in their care. The staff were unbelievably caring and patient as nothing was too much trouble in their care towards our mother or ourselves. The home offered open visiting, use of the facilities, entertainment for the residents and a clean environment. The staff new all the residents names and willing and caring towards all of them. It was a special time for us as a family and one that has helped us in our grieving process when our dearly beloved mum recently passed away.

My mother is always tidy and clean on my visits. She enjoys her food especially lunch. At 95 that is a good indication together with the fact she is on less medication that when she entered the home.
I notice sometimes there are quite a few different staff on duty, it would be nice to have regular permanent staff, I realise needing staff to cover day, nights, holidays and illness and staff leaving there has to be a certain amount of temporary staff. (This is just my opinion and nothing said by my mother).

The staff are always cheerful and give you a nice welcome. Nothing is too much trouble.

Husband was a resident at Franklin House 2012 after suffering a stroke/bleed. I was told by Hillingdon Hospital that he would never walk, sit or stand. His sight and speech were also affected and he had many other health problems. The next morning after being admitted to Franklin House he was sitting in a chair and eventually his sight and speech came back. He said he could not fault Franklin House staff. I used to visit him every day for about 5 hours and Lola Krasser always made sure that I was looked after as well and could join in the activities - her dedication to her job is first class! Since then I have become a friend of Franklin House and visit them regularly and always receive a lovely welcome.

It's all perfect.

As a family we are very happy with our dad at Franklin House. He is very happy there and the staff are amazing. They are so very caring and it is more like a home from home than a care home. My dad settled in well and the staff made us all feel very welcome. We know that when we leave him, he is in good hands.

I find the staff courteous and helpful. I would recommend the home to anyone.

Highly recommended.

Caring staff and cleanliness of home.

The staff have been so compassionate, caring and very patient with my father while he settled in. The level of care is great and also in getting my dad to and from hospital they have been amazing. My father can be difficult at times, but the staff still remain caring and professional.

My aunt has been in 2 previous homes in the last 3/4 years and I must say since she has been at Franklin House she has improved visibly and physically, even mentally. We as a family are much happier in that she seems happier. I would recommend this home for anyone looking for a place for their loved one.

Franklin House is an ideal local care home for the elderly who are not able to look after themselves in their own home. Being in the care home mother is looked after and cared for enabling the family to just visit knowing her welfare is being looked after. The cost has meant the sale of her own house.

Submit a Review for Franklin House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Franklin House

Care Assistant

Exceeds National Living Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
West Drayton, London

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Franklin House