Fees Advice From Saga

122/124 Selhurst Road, Selhurst, London SE25 6LL

Visit Official Website Send Email View Phone Number Request Brochure Recommend

Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing, Selhurst, London, London

Tel: 0333 321 8262

Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing has been purpose-built for expert daily care and nursing, assisting individuals with mental fragilities and to achieve a more fulfilling daily lifestyle.

A welcoming service comes complete with a homely interior that is an excellent choice for a relaxing lifestyle, while there are a wide range of activities to experience and loved ones are themselves made to feel as part of the service.

Carers aim for consistent standards of personal care, incorporating assistive technologies where possible and working closely with related authorities.

Owner: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Garmit Wright (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Croydon Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 2 April 2013 by June B (Sister of Resident)

The kindness, consideration and professional care shown by carers and all the members of staff is first class and I would recommend this home to anyone.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 25 March 2013 by Carole Wren (Daughter of resident)

When I was looking for a place for my mother, they all came a very poor second to Heavers (they were dirty, uncared for, smelly). I don't worry about my mother because I know she is in the very best place that I could find, (I am very grateful to Heavers) and I think this is down to the management.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Friday 22 March 2013 by Jean B (Friend of Resident)

I visit a number of home in my capacity as a pastoral visitor for the church I attend and Heavers is in a category of it's own way above others I visit, and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Thursday 21 March 2013 by Sheila Kathleen Sleat (Daughter of resident)

A wonderful home, beautifully clean. All staff are very caring and pleasant. The food is also very good. I cannot find any fault at all.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 25 February 2013 by Patricia B (Daughter of resident)

Since moving into Heavers Court four months ago my mother is brighter in herself. She is much more relaxed and able to enjoy aspects of her life, despite limitations set by her condition. I feel happier for her knowing she is being fully and properly cared for.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Thursday 14 February 2013 by Leonard Neeves (Husband of resident)

This is a case of comparing homes in the private sector not including council run homes. When you see and read what is happening in some of the other run homes, this home must be one of the best. I find the management of this company caring and very sociable.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 12 February 2013 by Bill Pepper (Son of resident)

Having been placed in the unenviable position of deciding the best way forward with regards to my mum's future coping with the awful illness that is Dementia and having visited many other Care Homes, Heavers Court shone out like a beacon. My mum has now been at Heavers for over a year and within that time, the care that she has received is beyond excellence. Although she is in a confused state, she looks upon Heavers as a safe place to be and welcomes the routine of day to day living. I visit Heavers at different times and days and only ever observe the dedication, perseverance and compassion by all the staff. The Manager Garmit Wright is always available to talk to should the need arise. In a nutshell, an outstanding Care Home for those suffering with all forms of Dementia.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Sunday 10 February 2013 by Mike Peirce (Son of Resident)

I find that Heavers Court look after my mother (Mrs Doris Peirce) very well indeed. Her every needs are catered for and she looked after very well indeed. The quality of staff and their willingness is to be commended.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Steve Smith (Son of Resident)

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the care my mother receives from the friendly, courteous, caring and hard-working team at Heavers. If my mother was able, I know she'd be extremely keen to tell you herself how grateful she is for all that you do to help her through this painful and frightening experience of losing so much of her ability to make sense of her environment. She finds herself in a strange world where nothing feels familiar, predictable or safe, the way everything used to, and so the reassuring tone of your voices, the pleasant smiles, the assurance of routine and the gentle handling I have witnessed her receive from the staff are so very much appreciated, many many thanks indeed. I have no hesitation in recommending heavers to any family in the position we experience, seeking the best possible care for a parent who has provided the same to us and to the wider community for as long as she was able.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Steve O'Connell (Son of resident)

My mother is very happy at Heavers and the staff there are top class. Whenever I visit I am struck by their professionalism and kindness they display. I am delighted that she is spending her latter years there, I could wish for no better.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Pauline Messenger (Daughter of resident)

I am pleased to recommend Heavers Court where my mother has been a resident for nearly four years.She is a much happier person now which is not surprising when you see the effort and hard work put in by everyone there. The staff always interact with the residents during the day to give a feeling of belonging and home. There seems a sense of pride that Heavers aims for excellence and this has lasted with quite a turnover of staff recently. It must come from the manager down because the home has remained wonderful. Thanks to Mrs Wright and her staff for the great work they do for us all.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Greg Crawley (Son of Resident)

Heavers Court has been the best thing to happen to mum for many years. We had looked at many homes for our other parent and were dismayed at most of the options. From the start Heavers was a league above the others. It was excellent in every respect and became a proper home for mum. Patience and kindness are the norm there; the staff go the extra mile. They care. The residents and relatives are always acknowledged as the staff go about their duties. A kind word and a smile go a long way to break the day up. The manager Mrs Garmit Wright and her staff have a great ethos of kindness and attention to detail which makes Heavers an exceptional care home.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Pamela Moxon (Daughter of resident)

I cannot recommend Heavers highly enough - the care and attention that the staff have provided my mum with cannot be faulted particularly last year when they exceeded themselves in getting mum back to being mobile following her time in hospital. The attention given to her needs (and all the other residents) is provided in a personal and caring way. Everyone takes an active role in personally socialising with all of the residents from the Manager to the cleaning staff. Heavers is extremely well run by the manager and her staff who are always looking to see where any improvements need to be made. The manager and staff are always available to discuss any worries that any family members may have.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Geoffrey Wheeler (son of resident)

Living at Heavers Court has made a significant improvement to my mother's life and has improved the quality and dignity that was disappearing in her previous home. She is looked after with such care and consideration that it goes a long way to replacing the home comforts that may be lost when going into care. The kindness and patience of the staff who look after mum has been a comfort not only to her, but to myself also. Garmit Wright manages the home to a very high standard, the rooms are always clean and bright and although mum is now bed-ridden, she is regularly visited by a member of the team who look after her in Willow section. Diana and Justine are always very welcoming when I visit and make me feel at home. I get the impression that all of the staff really care about what they do and nothing is ever too much for them. The ethos of Heavers makes it quite an exceptional care home in my view.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Theresa Iles (Daughter of resident)

My mother has been in the home for 3 years and I would just like to say that I have found it to be a superbly run home. The staff have never failed in their willingness to help and have always been kind and thoughtful to the residents. My mother has had her dignity preserved in Heavers Court, and I am always impressed by her cleanliness; her hair is cut and styled and her nails painted (if she wishes), and I have every confidence that she is well cared for and happy. Her room is always very clean and, when I have visited during meal times, the food looks nourishing and well presented and the carers are on hand to assist where necessary. I have visited other homes in the Croydon district when a friend of mine was looking for somewhere for her mother and these other homes came nowhere close to the high standards maintained at Heavers Court. The staff hang decorations at festive times and do everything they can for their residents - this is exceptional and over and above what is normally expected. There is no better place I would wish my mother to be and I am confident of the excellent care she receives there. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff at Heavers Court for everything they do - I would recommend the Home to anyone.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Tuesday 5 February 2013 by Frances Gilbert (Daughter of Service User)

Heavers Ct Home is indeed "Home from home - Yet with 5 Star standards". This sentence sums up for me, a close relative of a resident, Heavers Ct. There is a 'creamy' feel about the whole place. It is the 'icing on the cake' Home - smooth running because the 'ingredients' are so well blended. The loving care received by residents from their carers and other staff members and the warm welcome extended to relatives is a mark of how 'open' this friendly, clean, beautifully kept and run Home is. My gratitude knows no bounds that those so severely afflicted can be cared for and gently nursed with the whole spectrum of care under one roof which means security and gives confidence and peace in their last days.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 4 February 2013 by Martin Smith (Eldest son of a resident)

My Mother, who is aged 89 and bravely suffering from the awful illness of dementia, has now been a resident of Heavers Court for over three years and throughout this time I am so pleased to say she has been extremely well looked after, by a wonderful workforce of trained and dedicated Carers, who are overseen by an extremely good management team. I and my siblings visit our Mother regularly, at least one of us calling in at various different times on most days of the week, including weekends - we are always made most welcome, nothing we might request for our Mother is too much trouble. Extremely well attended 'Family & Friends' meetings are held (with the Manager and Deputy also at the table) several times a year, and on these evenings everyone present is provided with an opportunity to speak, most stating their happiness with the care being provided for their loved ones; offering support for the carers; or raising issues or suggestions which are then discussed and either resolved or taken up promptly following the meeting. There is also a separate Fund Raising Committee who have, most successfully, arranged numerous regular Raffles, Parties, and other events always involving the residents as well as their families and friends. Much money is raised on each occasion and this is subsequently spent on 'extras' for the residents including, for instance, day trips out (in summer to the south coast; in winter to see 'the lights' in London) and regular (weekly) minibus trips to more local places of interest (parks, lakes etc). The residents are provided with many different activities (a weekly timetable is provided); also various entertainers are regularly booked (some hired, others voluntary) and these provide lively entertainment for the residents who, wherever possible, are encouraged to join in the proceedings - it's a joy to witness! Finally, the food is very nicely prepared in-house and so is always freshly cooked and arrives on time - the carers are always extremely happy to give assistance during mealtime to any resident experiencing difficulty managing. Well, I could write pages about this wonderful, purpose built, clean, modern, spacious home, flooded with natural light and managed and run by an extremely caring, considerate, compassionate and conscientious team of dedicated, wonderful people. My siblings and I consider ourselves very fortunate that our Mother is able to live here in this 'warm and friendly' environment. I would have no hesitation in giving Heavers Court my highest recommendation -MJS.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 4 February 2013 by Josephine McLellan (Daughter of resident)

Heavers Court have a dedicated staff, who work very hard. They create a warm, friendly, 'home from home' atmosphere for the residents, and a welcoming atmosphere for the relatives. The manager has an open door policy and is always approachable and keen to listen to and resolve any concerns.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 4 February 2013 by Marion Froude (Daughter of resident)

Since the changeover of care from Croydon Council to Care UK there were a lot of teething problems but Care UK have so far lived up to their promises and things are now running much more smoothly and I am very happy with the care my Mother receives. She is 90 years old and has now been in care for nearly 7 years and the staff are very caring in all aspects of her well being. I can feel relaxed to go on holiday knowing she is being well looked after.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 4 February 2013 by Stephanie Wallis (Grandaughter)

I would first of all start by saying how lucky I feel that my Nan lives at Heavers Court. Dementia is a cruel thing to happen to a person, however all of the staff, from the carers, the domestic staff and the kitchen staff, all do their best to make it a happy place to be and most importantly “home”. I visit many times a week to see my Nan and at various times of the day. Everyone is always cheerful, and there is always music, and movies or activities going on. There is regular entertainment at Heavers from old time music tunes, disco music and various themed parties. Some of the relatives have formed a fund raising committee with Easter and Christmas Raffles, and all money goes back into the home to pay for day trips, entertainment, themed parties, an Easter egg for every resident or whatever is needed. Whenever I visit I do really feel like I am visiting Nan at home, and I think that says it all.

Review of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing on Monday 4 February 2013 by ANN STEVENS (daughter of resident.)

The Manager and staff at Heavers care for their residents with respect, kindness and consideration. They all genuinely seem to care very much for the residents and to understand their individual needs. The Home is run to a very high standard in all respects. Me and my family are absolutely positive that my mum is receiving the best care possible and would highly recommend not only Heavers Care Home but also all staff from the Manager down for their excellence.

Submit a Recommendation for Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Heavers Court Care Home for Dementia and Nursing