Kenbrook, Wembley, London

Kenbrook, located in Wembley Park, specialises in a range of nursing and older people's care services, all personalised to the needs of the individual and adhering to recognised care sector standards. It prides itself in providing a homely, personalised environment and ensures residents and their families are at the centre of everything as are its core values of dignity and respect. Kenbrook believes in being open and fair as it strives to do the best possible and endeavours to meet its residents needs to enable them to live a fulfilled life in mind, body and spirit.

The aim of carers is to achieve consistently high standards of care without compromising on a friendly environment and making the most of the homely comforts that contribute towards a satisfying daily lifestyle.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Marian O'Hara (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: London Borough of Brent Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 51 residents

Facilities & Services: Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kenbrook: click here

9.7 Kenbrook has a Review Score of 9.7 (9.736)

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Kenbrook is based on 22 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.736 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.873 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.863 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.736 for Kenbrook is based on 22 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.873 for Kenbrook is calculated as follows: ( (226 Excellents x 5) + (33 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 259 Ratings = 4.873

The Quantity Score of 4.863 for Kenbrook is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Kenbrook?

Reviewer Connection to Kenbrook

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

The Overall Average of all the Ratings in the following

9 Reviews* is 4.8 out of 5

*The Average Rating only uses ratings from the 9 reviews. Ratings from the 13 recommendations are not used for the Average Rating as the rating options were limited to Excellent, Good and Satisfactory.

My aunt has been in the care of the manager and her team at Kenbrook since July 2013. She has presented the nursing team with complex multiple challenges, that have been handled extremely well. The care and attention of the nursing and care staff have been exemplary; the support of the office and management team have been excellent. On my visits, I have also been gratified to observe caring behaviour towards other residents, which reassures me of the consistency of provision. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kenbrook to anyone else.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 13 Sep 2016:

Dear Andy

I am so glad to hear you are so pleased with the care given to your aunt and the high standard of care you have witnessed. The team do work incredibly hard and are dedicated and I know they will appreciate your kind review. However, we always look for further ways to improve or change so please do let the manager know if there are any favourite interests of the past or present that you would like them to incorporate into activities.

Deborah

The most peaceful home we have come across. Staff are very pleasant and family have peace of mind that Mum and all other residents are being well looked after. Well done Kenbrook, keep up the good work.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 12 Sep 2016:

Thank you for completing this review. It is great to know you feel peace of mind for the care that is delivered to mum and other residents by the Kenbrook team. It is so important to know that our loved ones are safe and well cared for and I am glad you are assured of that, it is what we strive for.

We are always looking for ways to be even better though so please do feel free to speak to the manager if you think of anything that would make that finishing touch for mum, a favourite past hobby to rekindle memories of, a favourite recipe or food from days gone by.

Deborah

Our mum was recently a short-term resident at Kenbrook. We found the staff, without exception, to be professional, kind, warm and friendly. As a family, it was reassuring to know that mum was being so well cared for whilst our dad had a short stay in the hospital. Nothing was too much trouble and whenever we visited mum, we were offered tea and biscuits always served with a smile, and much appreciated. The home is exceptionally clean and bright with lovely gardens. We would highly recommend Kenbrook and all the staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 08 Sep 2016:

Dear Mary

Thank you so much for completing this review. I am so pleased your mum Mary had such a positive experience and that you found the care delivery as warm, friendly and caring as I do. I agree Kenbrook is a wonderful home and one we are very proud of and will pass on your wonderful sentiments to the team.

Deborah

Our mother joined Kenbrook 2 years ago. She had Alzheimers for 12 years. We have very high praise for this unassuming nursing home. From day one, it was clear the staff go far beyond their paid job. Staff really got to know our mum and all her family. They treated us as a whole family not just an elderly woman with Alzheimers. The home is like a 'home from home' with a very personal, dignified ethos. All the staff no matter what role, tried everything they could to ensure mum was comfortable and continued to eat and drink. Whenever we requested expert input (palliative care , GP) they were considerate and extremely efficient. Standards of personal care (washing/dressing etc) are very high. Her room was always immaculately clean. Mum was always washed, dressed and sitting in the one of the beautiful lounges that look out onto the well tended gardens. Her last days were filled with staff visiting her, prayers and genuine love for our mother. We are indebted to the whole team.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 02 Aug 2016:

Thank you so much for your wonderful heart felt review of the kindness and care given to your mum whilst she was living at Kenbrook. I know they miss your mum too, your mum was a wonderful lady and it was a pleasure to care for her during her final days. I wish you all the best and we will think of you and wish you happy memories during this time of loss.

Deborah Langton

My father had a recent short stay at Kenbrook. It was his final wish to go there. We knew how wonderful all the staff were, there was no decision to be made as my Mother was a resident 2 years ago. Everybody at Kenbrook are angels, no exceptions. Our family are indebted to them all for their professionalism, sensitivity and kindness. They all go far beyond the call of duty and nothing is too much trouble. I remember Dad saying they treated Mum like a queen, well they treated my father like a king. God bless all of them. I would have no hesitation in recommending Kenbrook to anybody.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 15 Jul 2016:

Dear Paula

I am so pleased that your father got his wish and that you found the support and care at Kenbrook to be so special. I agree this team does go that extra mile to make the residents stay special and attentive and it is great to know that they did this during his final days. I am very sorry for your loss and I know the home will miss your father. Please do keep in touch with us should you wish, I know it may be difficult at this time but you are always welcome to visit.

I thank you for your wonderful sentiments and will share these with the team.

Deborah

With very few exceptions, I find when visiting my mother that the staff are exceptionally caring. It must be very difficult to provide care for a large number of very frail, very old people many of whom have dementia. My mother (soon 99) got out of bed one night nearly a year ago, she forget she shouldn't not unaided and broke her hip. Within a couple of minutes staff were with her. I didn't believe this could be avoided. Two years ago my mother took part in some activities. Now she sleeps most of the time. I think it's a pity that I have never found her in the garden during a sunny day but I have taken her out. The manager sets a very high standard for her staff treat the residents as you would like you granny would like to be treated and encourages training and qualifications key to keeping good staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

Dear Hazell

Thank you for sharing your review of the services provided to your mother at Kenbrook. It is great to hear you have had such a caring attentive experience of the team, I agree they provide great care and really do look after the residents as they would their own family.

I will feed your views back to the team, I know they are very proud to provide this service.

Deborah Langton

Staff, kind, caring, efficient and sympathetic. Cleanliness is excellent. Food is excellent. Activities are good but more needed.

Dear Frances

I am so pleased that you are happy with the care provided at Kenbrook. I agree that they really do provide an exceptional service and will feed back your comments to the team.

Thank you for taking the time to share this recognition.

Deborah Langton

The care at Kenbrook is nothing less than outstanding, my family and I have been delighted with the support my mother has received. We have been given great piece of mind to know that she is in the very best of hands and we cannot praise the management and staff enough.

When you enter the building at Kenbrook you're immediately greeted with a warm sense of hospitality, from both the staff and the residents cats! The home itself is surrounded by beautiful gardens and the rooms are both spacious and clean. As you walk around you are met with friendly faces and there is always someone readily on hand to offer their help and support.

Most importantly my mother is happy and contented in her new home and has settled in very well- something as a family we felt anxious about. We need not have worried though, as Kenbrook has really gone that extra mile to ensure that all my mothers needs are catered for-we cannot rate the care home highly enough, five stars!

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 23 May 2016:

Dear Maura

Thank you so much for the wonderful recognition you have given to the staff and services provided for your mother at Kenbrook. I agree that the home is particularly welcoming and warm and does give peace of mind to others, I am glad you feel this way.

Thank you for kindly taking the time to share your views, we will pass these kind sentiments back to the team.

Deborah

My mum was a resident of Kenbrook for nearly one year. We never thought we would have to put mum into a home but the severity of her dementia made it unavoidable. It was truly heartbreaking to see her like that but the staff were so wonderful and caring it made it so much easier for all of us. They restored our faith in human nature and went above and beyond to ensure this time was comfortable for her. She unfortunately passed away on the 31st March and in the last week of her life they ensured she passed peacefully. I cannot thank the manager and her staff enough for their care

How likely would you be to recommend Kenbrook? Extremely Likely

Deborah Langton, Area Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 20 May 2016:

Dear Noreen

Thank you for the wonderful review of the way Kenbrook supported your mother. I agree that the staff do provide an exceptional service and I thank you for this wonderful recognition, I will relay this to the team there.

I am sorry for your loss though agreed it is reassuring that our loved ones last days were attended to with loving and caring support as I have witnessed there.

Do take care.

Deborah

My mother has been at Kenbrook since December 2011 and my sister and I can find no fault whatsoever with the care my mother receives. The staff, weather management, office admin, senior nurses/nurses or care workers are always professional, friendly, caring and amendable We can come and go as we please which is a great peace of mind for us. We would therefore not hesitate in recommend Kenbrook to anyone who may be considering a care home for their relative.

No Average Rating is available*

Deborah Langton, Services Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 22 Jan 2016:

Dear Julia

Thank you so much for your wonderful kind words regarding the care delivered to your mother at Kenbrook, I agree the whole team is very caring and dedicated to the high quality service they strive to deliver. However, we are always looking at whatever further improvements we can make. If you think of anything at all, from a different activity, a favourite song to play, a special flavour of food, please do let us know.

Deborah

My father was in Kenbrook from July 1998 until December 2000 when he died. It had just been opened to other residents as it had previously been solely for London Transport personnel. I was so impressed with the care that my father and other residents received that I started the "Friends of Kenbrook" with the then manager, to raise funds for extra entertainment etc. and I am still running to this day 17 years later. I have recommend this home to several people over the years, which have been taken up. I tried to get my mother in there in October 2008 but unfortunately she was too ill and died.

No Average Rating is available*

Deborah Langton, Regional Services Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 27 Nov 2015:

Dear Angela

Thank you for taking the time to send in your views on our services and for rating the overall service excellent. We really do value your feedback we will take great pleasure in sharing your appreciation with the staff team and others.

Deborah

I would like to take this opportunity to say how wonderful this care home is - It is like a home from home. Everyone is so caring, all the staff and management. Mum has been here for nine years and the care has been very good. It is not just mum, it's the other residents they are brilliant with. The residents are always looking clean and smart.

No Average Rating is available*

Deborah Langton, Regional Services Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 23 Nov 2015:

Dear Susan

Thank you so much for your kind words of recognition of the excellent care received at Kenbrook.

I agree that Kenbrook offers exceptional nursing care and will pass on your gratitude to them.

Thank you for taking the time to give this feedback.

Deborah

I came to visit my sister yesterday for the first time and was so impressed by your care home. If every elderly person in the country could be in a home like yours wouldn't it be wonderful. Such nice rooms and such lovely staff.

Deborah, Services Manager at Kenbrook responded to this review on 06 Aug 2015:

Dear Brenda,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this review and the wonderful compliments contained therein. I agree that Kenbrook is a truly wonderful service and it is hard to think of it as a Nursing Home when you see the wonderful work and dedication that goes on there isn't it? It is one of the most person centred Nursing Homes and teams I have ever had the pleasure to work with and the Manager and her whole team work together to make this home as homely as can be.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we will relay these to the Kenbrook team.

Regional Services Manager

Kenbrook is an excellent home with a strong manager and stable staffing. Staff make good personal relationships with residents and treat them as individuals. They also form positive relationships with visiting relatives. I have known Kenbrook since 2009 as both my parents have lived here, and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a care home for a relative.

No Average Rating is available*

This is a proper homely home, and the atmosphere is maintained by diligent and caring staff and a management team who combine competence and attention to detail with a close personal involvement with both the service users and their families.

No Average Rating is available*

My father has been a resident at Kenbrook for two years, and previously my mother was a resident for about three years before her death. Both have been very well cared for. Kenbrook is a model for modern residential care.

No Average Rating is available*

Kenbrook cared for my late Father from February to July 2014.
I cannot thank Kenbrook's dedicated staff enough for their care and support.
My Father was terminally ill and they not only cared for him, they also supported me.
Finding good care for an elderly person is not always easy but Kenbrook provides this and much more.

No Average Rating is available*

We have been very impressed by the care received at Kenbrook. My friend is very frail and has increasing dementia, so she is much in need of care now. all the staff have been super and her care is excellent in every way. The encouragement of the sister and carers have been much appreciated and the chaplain's support to regular services have been great too. We are so thankful to God that we found this wonderful home for our friend. As she is very musical, the support and kindness of the music therapist has been much appreciated as well. Praise the lord for all aspects of this house.

No Average Rating is available*

Mum was extremely unwell, and she was only at Kenbrook for less than 6 months until she sadly passed away. During her short stay at there, all the staff looked after mum so tenderly and affectionately, with dignity and respect, and did absolutely everything they could for her. And not only did they support mum in every way they could (and mum wasn't always the easiest of people to look after!), they also supported me and my husband too, and we really needed that and so appreciated it!! They were just brilliant and we cannot thank them enough. Kenbrook is not just a nursing home, they are a caring family who support and care for the relatives as much as the residents. On a general note, Kenbrook is a lovely place, the rooms are really nice, all with their own huge, fully equipped, private wet room. There are several lounges and quiet areas to sit, the private gardens are just lovely, and the whole place was always, without exception, absolutely spotless, clean and lovely and fresh (and that is not always easy to achieve, let alone consistently maintain such a high standard in these sort of places!!!!). Kenbrook have lots of activities but sadly my mum was not well enough to participate, but she loved the animals that used to come (Therapaws).

No Average Rating is available*

Kenbrook is a clean, friendly care home. The care/support my mother receives is excellent. She is treated with dignity by all the staff. The facilities and entertainment provided by Mary are second to non, her activities bond well with both residents and family. My family enjoy attending functions.Food for residents is of a very high standard.
I do feel it is a safely/secure run unit. It is very good value for money.
Well done all the staff, especially Marion who runs the unit, she engages well with her staff and relatives.

No Average Rating is available*

We visited a number of homes in the area. We had no appointments at Kenbrook and just turned up. They showed us around and had nothing to hide. Some of the others knew we were coming and were still disorganised! We decided on Kenbrook for my nan and feel she is very safe there. The home is clean, the staff good and there's a good variety of things going on. Lots of nice personal touches.

No Average Rating is available*

My mother spent 9 months at Kenbrook. She was often a very difficult patient, since she had dementia, and could be very aggressive. However the staff at Kenbrook were very caring, getting to know her individually and treating her with great respect.
They worked with my sister and me as well, letting us know about mum whenever necessary and also helping us cope with this very difficult time in our lives. Their care was consistent, the staff turnover being low and all the staff worked as a team from manager to chaplain to administrator staff.

Submit a Review for Kenbrook

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kenbrook

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kenbrook