Hungerford Care Home, Hungerford, Berkshire

Hungerford Care Home provides general nursing care and has a separate wing providing specialist nursing care for those with Dementia.

The Home is situated in a beautiful rural location in Berkshire with extensive grounds and gardens. Wildlife and chickens frequently roam the grounds which include a rose garden and orchard.

The home has a multi-sensory room in the dementia wing, with hairdressing, aromatherapy and chiropody services available on site.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Nellie Jubane (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Berkshire Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Polish

Facilities & Services: Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Hungerford Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.3 for Hungerford Care Home) is based on 2 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Hungerford Care Home

Hello, I placed my mother at Hungerford care home in January 2015 following a move from a London care home. I am so pleased I found this home, the staff, surroundings and home are absolutely fantastic. My mother well being has improved dramatically over the past couple of months and I know she is being well looked after. I would highly recommend this care home to family and friends.

How likely would you be to recommend Hungerford Care Home? Extremely likely

Hungerford Care Home

The Hungerford Care home is amazing. The staff are always polite and welcoming; they have time for their patients always listening to them and having conversation and are very patient with them when they get aggressive. My grandfather always looks healthy and tidy and wouldn’t be doing as well as he is if it wasn’t for the Hungerford Care Home staff. If anyone’s family members are diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer's then I would recommend the Hungerford Care Home 100%. I would like to thank all of the nurses who look after my Grandfather he means the world to both me and my sister.

Submit a Review for Hungerford Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Hungerford Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Hungerford Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Hungerford Care Home