Dormy House Care Home with Nursing, Sunningdale, Ascot, Berkshire
Dormy House Care Home with Nursing
Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Dormy House is prestigiously situated adjacent to the ladies golf course and opposite the men’s championship golf course in Sunningdale with commanding views over the ladies course. The location is within an exclusive residential area featuring large private family homes. The home is well placed for the M3, M4 and M25 motorways as well as the commuter towns of Bracknell and Reading, hence providing excellent transport links. Dormy House is a prestigious care home, registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide residential, nursing and dementia care to elderly people.

Dormy House is an impressive property, which was built in the 1930’s as a private family residence. The House was converted into a care home a number of years ago, and was purchased by Caring Homes in 2003 after which time it underwent a significant remodelling and refurbishment programme which has transformed the home into a care home of distinction.

Today Dormy House is regarded as one of the finest care homes in the area, resulting in it achieving a number of accolades including gaining accreditation to the ISO9000 standard and the Hospitality Assured Standard, these achievements have been earned through a strong focus and high standards in customer service.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Kay Wainwright (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Windsor and Maidenhead Royal Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 88 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Dormy House Care Home with Nursing: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 26 Nov 2014

January 2012

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I really like the staff and enjoy when I am spending my time with them. my room is very nice, food and snacks are alright. I really recommend this home and this is true.

Submitted by Bill Richmond (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 11 December 2014.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I like Dormy it makes me feel safe. I enjoy our 00mph exercise groups.

Submitted by Mary Scammerton (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 11 December 2014.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I am quite comfortable here. Food is alright. I'm here to be looked after and I am really satisfied with the care. Also I love my room and its like my home. I think every thing here is kind and good.

Submitted by Edith Doyle (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 11 December 2014.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Staff good they listen to me. Building is good my room is also good for me as I am in a wheelchair.

Submitted by Margaret T (Resident / Service User) on Thursday 23 October 2014.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Dormy House is a fantastic care home. My grandmother moved in back in 2010 and settled so quickly thanks to the brilliant staff here. She now calls this place home. The meals are great and she thoroughly enjoys them. She loves going out on all the outings, especially to the river. The best decision we ever made was to move Grandma to Dormy House as we know she is safe, secure, and extremely happy. With this in mind we are so grateful to all the staff at Dormy House for what they have done for her.

Submitted by Chrsitine B (Granddaughter to resident) on Monday 18 November 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

My mother Sue has been at Dormy House just over a year. She suffers with Dementia with PCA. My family are happy with the care that my mum receives. Her main carer is Jenny, and she is wonderful, though I have to say they all treat Mum with love and respect. She is unable to feed herself or help with any personal hygiene or walk, and all of these daily tasks are done lovingly and with consideration for her well being. Also my dad visits daily and he is also treated very well with cups of tea and biscuits whilst he is sitting with Mum!

Submitted by Louise Clark (Daughter of resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

My husband has been in Dormy House 2 months at this time I'm still very sad he is there but I know he is being well looked after.

Submitted by Marie C (Wife of Resident) on Tuesday 21 May 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Thoroughly enjoyed the activities. Food was very good and the care staff were very attentive. My room was of a good size, facilities excellent. A very enjoyable week.

Submitted by Wendy A (Service User) on Monday 22 April 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Like activities but would like more outings. Like living at Dormy. Would be frightened if I lived alone. Sister lives near in a care home in Ascot.

Submitted by Wyn Davis (Resident / Service User) on Friday 12 December 2014.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I like my room its very comfortable. There is a good selection of food and its well presented. The staff on the whole are polite and friendly. Activities are good.

Submitted by Diana T (Resident) on Friday 18 January 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I love my room. The staff in the main are friendly/polite. The food is quite good and a good selection.

Submitted by Jean D (Resident) on Friday 18 January 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I cannot fault the care my mother has received. Everyone is so helpful and caring. Nothing is too much trouble. Very friendly and helpful staff. Good food, good choice, well presented. Good choice of activities/outings.

Submitted by Janet B (Daughter of resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I like living here, My room is nice. Staff quite friendly. Food OK, good choice.

Submitted by Tony G (Resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I am very happy here, it is a nice friendly atmosphere. The staff are very kind and helpful. We are well fed. We also have good entertainment most days.

Submitted by Cynthia R (Resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Review of Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I'm very happy at Dormy. Food is very good and a very friendly atmosphere. The home is very clean and well kept. Staff are very helpful.

Submitted by Jean Dorothy A (Resident) on Monday 14 January 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

There are no jobs posted yet for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Kay

Kay Wainwright

Joined: 2014

As Home Manager at Dormy House, Kay Wainwright leads an expert staff team to deliver high standards of residential, nursing and dementia care for elderly people, in the town of Sunningdale.

Before coming to Dormy House, Kay worked at another Caring Homes, Latham Lodge in Portsmouth. Kay also worked for many years in the NHS, training as a midwife and working on a maternity unit. With a wide range of nursing experience, spanning over 20 years, Kay brings a wealth of care knowledge and expertise to the role.

As someone who is dedicated to best practice and excellence in elderly care, Kay prides herself on creating a warm and homely environment for residents and visitors alike. She is passionate about providing strong leadership that both enables and motivates Dormy House’s highly trained staff team to go the extra mile for residents, every day.

One of the aspects of her role that Kay enjoys most is the variety of people she meets, from residents and their families, to health care professionals and leaders of local community groups.

Kay gains great satisfaction from getting to know each and every resident, and ensuring their unique life stories inform truly bespoke care plans. In particular, she is committed to making sure residents’ loved ones are able to play an active role in care planning, making Dormy House’s care truly person-centred.

In her personal life, Kay owns and rides horses around the coastal countryside and has recently taken up golf. She also enjoys supporting her partner, who is a local councillor, with his community and charity work.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dormy House Care Home with Nursing