Dormy House Care Home with Nursing, Ascot, Berkshire

Dormy House is prestigiously situated adjacent to the ladies golf course and opposite the men’s championship golf course in Sunningdale with commanding views over the ladies course. The location is within an exclusive residential area featuring large private family homes. The home is well placed for the M3, M4 and M25 motorways as well as the commuter towns of Bracknell and Reading, hence providing excellent transport links. Dormy House is a prestigious care home, registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide residential, nursing and dementia care to elderly people.

Dormy House is an impressive property, which was built in the 1930’s as a private family residence. The House was converted into a care home a number of years ago, and was purchased by Caring Homes in 2003 after which time it underwent a significant remodelling and refurbishment programme which has transformed the home into a care home of distinction.

Today Dormy House is regarded as one of the finest care homes in the area, resulting in it achieving a number of accolades including gaining accreditation to the ISO9000 standard and the Hospitality Assured Standard, these achievements have been earned through a strong focus and high standards in customer service.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Tracey Jepson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Windsor and Maidenhead Royal Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 88 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Dormy House Care Home with Nursing: click here

posted 18 Jun 2015

Please call 0808 223 5362 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Dormy House.

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.8 for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I am happy with Dormy House. Staff are generally good.

How likely would you be to recommend Dormy House Care Home with Nursing? Likely

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Within a very short space of time, my mother settled into Dormy House. She has a lot of positives to say about her new home. Dormy House has a lovely atmosphere and I'm very pleased that my mother is here. Everyone here is so helpful.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Excellent location. All the staff I have interacted with have been professional, polite and extremely kind and courteous to myself and Mr. Riggs (resident since Sept. 2014) During situations where there have been emergencies (with Mr Riggs) the staff at Dormy House have kept me constantly informed by tel/email etc. (Even when I was in Australia!) For relatives etc this is a most reassuring level of care, compassion and attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Dormy House Care Home with Nursing? Extremely likely

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

A very nice home with caring staff and clean facilities.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I would recommend this home. The staff, the hygiene, the food it comes as a good package. I was recommend by a friend and it was the best that I and my son saw.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

My friend has been in Dormy House for 4 years and has been very well looked after. The home has very good facilities and good regular activities. They organised a barbecue last week in the good weather which was much appreciated by my friend and she commented that the staff went to a lot of trouble to organise it. She has a nice room and the staff are always very pleasant and helpful when possible.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I am a regular visitor to Dormy House and I am always impressed by the standard of care of the staff who are always cheerful and incredibly helpful. The rooms are excellent and the cleanliness is superb

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Extremely well run home. Very tasteful decor. Helpful staff.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Excellent atmosphere of care and communication. Staff always helpful and aim to please.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

After my grandfathers stay here (and passing) my grandmother now needs some extra help after a hospital visit after a fall. Although a different part of Dormy House, the same exceptional service, friendly faces, kind carers are here. It made the decision for my Nan to stay permanently in a care home so easy having seen how kindly they nursed my grandfather. Hopefully she will have many happy years here!

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

My grandfather had very special needs as his Alzheimer's developed. Dormy House Surrey Suite looked after him beautifully with dignity and with out judgement. We were able to visit as and when we wanted and I was bale to bring my small children (3 & 4) and it was never a problem. Fabulous place!

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

My Mother is very well cared for, staff go up and beyond duty to attend to her needs. Staff are kind, friendly and although they are extremely busy, they do not show any pressure that they are coping with.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

An excellent all round service for my dear mum of almost 93 years in July. Thank you for all the very special help you've given me her only daughter.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I would recommend others to live here.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I am quite comfortable here. Food is alright. I'm here to be looked after and I am really satisfied with the care. Also I love my room and its like my home. I think every thing here is kind and good.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Like activities but would like more outings. Like living at Dormy. Would be frightened if I lived alone. Sister lives near in a care home in Ascot.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I really like the staff and enjoy when I am spending my time with them. my room is very nice, food and snacks are alright. I really recommend this home and this is true.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

I like Dormy it makes me feel safe. I enjoy our 00mph exercise groups.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Staff good they listen to me. Building is good my room is also good for me as I am in a wheelchair.

Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Dormy House is a fantastic care home. My grandmother moved in back in 2010 and settled so quickly thanks to the brilliant staff here. She now calls this place home. The meals are great and she thoroughly enjoys them. She loves going out on all the outings, especially to the river. The best decision we ever made was to move Grandma to Dormy House as we know she is safe, secure, and extremely happy. With this in mind we are so grateful to all the staff at Dormy House for what they have done for her.

Submit a Recommendation for Dormy House Care Home with Nursing

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

Care Assistant

£Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Ascot, Berkshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Dormy House Care Home with Nursing