Holyport Lodge Care Home, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Both nursing and residential care is provided at Holyport Lodge. If a short stay is more suited to the needs of a resident, day care facilities or palliative care are also offered.

The home’s grounds are cared for to ensure they are accessible and a great place for residents to spend time in. Each bedroom has a large-screen TV and Wi-Fi point and the Edwardian mansion’s interior has many modern comforts.

The home has its own chef manager who is responsible for ensuring all residents’ dietary requirements are met. Residents can eat in the home’s dining room or in their own bedroom if they prefer to eat privately.

There are many activities for residents to participate in, including musical afternoons, baking, gardening and quizzes.

Person in charge: Jayne Yeomans (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Windsor and Maidenhead Royal Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 45 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Spanish; Castilian, Finnish, French, Italian, Nepali

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Holyport Lodge Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.8 for Holyport Lodge Care Home is based on 8 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.750 is made up of 4.594 Points relating to the ratings and 4.156 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

All carers and nurses were extremely considerate in settling my Father in, after he had had a difficult few weeks. Both he and I found everyone to be kind and attentive, and I quickly realised he was in safe hands, with all his medical needs being met. The visiting GP has been pro-active and within 2 weeks my father had already seen a consultant. To sum up, my Father's care is excellent.

How likely would you be to recommend Holyport Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My wife fought cancer for 13 months and when not in hospital lived at Holyport Lodge. I lived at our home and visited almost daily. When she died, February 2014 the then Holyport Manager suggested at age 91 I might consider living here as in my old age I might need help. That advice was excellent and in so far as I can be happy without my Eva Joy, I am well looked after. I have sold our home. It is expensive but I am well off and can afford it.

How likely would you be to recommend Holyport Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has had 2 seperate stays in the home on a respite basis whilst we have been away on holiday. We find the home ideal to meet my mother' s needs, namely a lovely warm atmosphere throughout the home, very friendly, supportive and caring staff in all areas of the operation of the home. The en suite rooms allocated to my mother have been fine, well equipped, lots of storage space, TV, plenty of light armchair etc. The style of the home from a resident's perspective appears to be one of flexibility ie option to stay in your room or eat downstairs and also join in with the numerous group activities or have time alone, no pressure either way. Similarly there seems to be general flexibility regarding food and drink, the normal process is to order main meals 24 hours in advance but a willingness by the staff to provide other dishes/snacks within credible parameters to suit the residents individual needs.
Generally would feel that Holyport Lodge delivers very good value for money care and support.

A big thank you to the management and team of excellent staff at Holyport Lodge.

How likely would you be to recommend Holyport Lodge Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I cannot recommend these people enough, they showed themselves to be helpful and kindness itself at a time when I found life very difficult. From the moment I walked into Holyport Lodge, the manager and all his staff did everything they could to reassure me that Peter, a lifelong friend would be cared for as if he were a member of their own family. We knew that he was to be admitted from the NHS for end of life care, and yet the staff made sure that he was never in pain, his dignity was always preserved and nothing was too much trouble for them. He had constant attention from the staff and was extremely grateful for all the care he received. They let me stay with him over night as the demons took hold and I was also shown courtesy and support when the going got tough. I would highly recommend Holyport Lodge to anyone looking to care for a relative.

Excellent first impressions

My mother has only recently taken a room at Holyport Lodge but we have been very impressed with the friendly attitude and helpful disposition of all of the staff. Everyone has tried to make her feel very welcome, the carers look after her with a smile on their faces and the management team are organising all they can to help her settle in. Time will tell but our first impressions are excellent.

Wonderful care at Holyport Lodge

My father was a resident at Holyport Lodge for the last 5 months of his life. He had had a three week stay at another nursing home that ended with his return to Wexham Park Hospital. His children did not want another failure. We could not have asked for better care from the staff for our Dad from either the carers or nurses.

During the time our Dad was at the home his children and friends were always made most welcome by the manager and his team. My brother, sister and I asked for updates on our Dad's condition and care plan regularly and the nursing team always answered our question fully and with sympathy.

We are indebted to the manager and his team at Holyport Lodge for the care and sympathy shown to my father and his family.

Pleasant and kind staff

My mother became a resident of Holyport Lodge at the age of 100 and has been there for almost two years. She loves her room overlooking the Green and feels at home there, as much as one can. The staff are very attentive and careful and the kitchen prepares all the food with attention to the preferences of the residents. Visits can be at any time. Medical staff are on hand and, as in the case, of my mother, monitoring to prevent falls and ailments is very thorough. The current manager is exceptional.

How likely would you be to recommend Holyport Lodge Care Home? Likely

Consistent High Level Personal & Nursing Care With Dignity

My Mother has been resident at Holpyport Lodge since February this year and whilst residential nursing care is not what we would have wished for her, we are so pleased to have found her a secure and comfortable home at the lodge.
Mum is not much aware of her surroundings but I feel part of the extended family now, visiting often and getting to know so many of the team. Shortly after Mum arrived at the home both Matron and her assistant left in quick succession and we were concerned as to the effect of the change of leadership. However we needn't have worried as the new management clearly only have the residents best interests at heart. The lodge has a stable team of nurses and carers and working together they deliver a consistently high level of care to all the residents, making efforts to get to know not only the residents, but also their families and friends. We are welcomed by the staff on duty whenever we visit.

Submit a Review for Holyport Lodge Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Holyport Lodge Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Holyport Lodge Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Holyport Lodge Care Home