Austenwood Nursing Home, Chalfont St Peter, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire
Austenwood Nursing Home
Austenwood Nursing Home

Austenwood Nursing Home is situated in leafy North Park; a beautiful and quiet residential area of the renowned Gerrards Cross, close to the village centre. Austenwood has an established reputation for providing the highest levels of nursing care in a safe and secure environment. With loyal and friendly staff, we provide a comfortable and homely environment for our residents with good food, regular activities and a home from home feel. Our principles are to provide a safe and friendly environment for our residents without restricting their abilities or activities and to do all we can to make them feel at home. It is our mission to ensure that all who come under our care shall retain their independence, dignity and individuality whilst enjoying the highest standard of personalised care enabling each individual to live a fulfilling and meaningful life.

Owner: Salveo Care Ltd

Person in charge: Jeanette Gittens (Matron/Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Buckinghamshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 35 residents

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £950 – £1250 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £825 – £895

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Austenwood Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Austenwood Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Austenwood Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Austenwood Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Austenwood Nursing Home on Thursday 8 May 2014 by Sylvia R (Sister of resident)

My sister for has been a resident six years, double below knee amputee, insulin dependent diabetic, which needs careful management. Quite marked learning difficulties, she can be obstreperous, inappropriate and rude, to me as her only regular visitor, but also to staff. The staff are so patient and kind with her. I have never heard any member of staff raise their voice to her, even when she is extremely confrontational. They have hairdressing facilities plus a full schedule of activities and entertainments. I cannot recommend this home more highly.

Review of Austenwood Nursing Home on Wednesday 9 April 2014 by Lindsey B (Daughter of resident)

Trying to find the right nursing home is not an easy task and if it is at all possible one should find a recommendation, this is how we found Austenwood. We wanted to find somewhere where our father would feel at home, be cared for, given respect, be sure and of course be happy. It is difficult to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes but Austenwood appears to be doing it all. The forward thinking of the Matron, Jeanette and her staff, help to minimise distress and accidents which of course happen quite a lot in nursing homes. There are lots of events for the residents and families and friends may also join in. The home is personal and we feel that the staff are very kind and caring. Our father has only been a resident for a couple of months but as of today, we would thoroughly recommend Austenwood.

Review of Austenwood Nursing Home on Wednesday 2 April 2014 by Anne E (Daughter of resident)

Over 2 years mother has received excellent care and attention to her needs.

Review of Austenwood Nursing Home on Monday 24 March 2014 by PR (Daughter of resident)

Austenwood provides a friendly and caring environment for its residents and their families. The carers and nurses are caring and competent and are always very welcoming and willing to ensure the care they offer is of the highest standard. The recent work in extending the home was carried out with extreme care - both ensuring the minimum disruption to the residents and in making sure the facilities are of the highest standard. When we were looking for a nursing home, we spoke to and visited many. From the start Austenwood offered the best option. The emphasis is very much on ensuring each resident receives the care and attention they need. There are regular outings and events to which families are invited to ensure everyone feels involved and welcome.

Review of Austenwood Nursing Home on Thursday 20 September 2012 by GB (Daughter of resident)

I was looking urgently for a nursing home for my mum when she was being discharged from hospital and had looked at a couple where I really didn't think she'd be happy. Then I rang Austenwood and, right from that first phone call, I felt welcomed and that everything would be OK. Mum has advanced vascular dementia and can no longer walk yet she seems happy and smiles far more than she has done for a while. The carers and nurses are all employed staff - they don't use agency staff who don't know the residents. Every time I see them with her, they are so gentle and friendly. There are activities and outings arranged for the residents and the home is in the process of being renovated and slightly extended. It's a small home with 20/25 residents so everybody knows everyone else. The owners are there most of the time and they, the matron, nurses & staff are all very approachable. All I can say is that, every time I go through the front door of the home to visit Mum, I get a feeling of happiness that I chose Austenwood as I'm sure Mum couldn't have a better life anywhere else.

Submit a Recommendation for Austenwood Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Austenwood Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Austenwood Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Austenwood Nursing Home