Fees Advice From Saga
Oak House, Wexham, Slough, Berkshire
Oak House
Oak House

Tel: 0333 434 3062

Oak House is a Slough care home that is owned by the highly-respected care provider, Care UK, known throughout the healthcare industry for their modern outlook towards developing care techniques that respect the individual.

This flexible home offers a number of extra services and entertainments to its residents, with an onsite library, hairdressing salon and cafe, as well as a therapy room, community shop and even a wildlife area that proves particularly popular with service users.

As well as being particularly effective in looking after people who suffer from dementia, Oak House is also available for anyone with respite care needs who can enjoy a homely and stress-free atmosphere.

Owner: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: David Adams (Support Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Slough Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken (other than English): Polish, Punjabi, Urdu, Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oak House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Oak House

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Oak House

Recommendation Score: 9 (8.960)

The user 'Recommendation Score' ( 9 for Oak House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 13 February 2014 by Pat T (Daughter of resident)

I am so pleased with the level of care provided by the first floor at Oak House for my mother. She has been there for 15 months and the staff are wonderful. She has gained weight and now looks much healthier, she loves the food! It is a warm, safe and caring environment and I have peace of mind as I know she could not be anywhere better.

Review of Oak House on Tuesday 4 February 2014 by Margaret G (Respite resident)

Sympathetic realistic assistance in a short stay recuperation period to enable a regaining of some energy to continue life with as much independence as possible in the near future, it is hoped. Cannot say a big enough appreciative thanks. Truly. Returned to home address safely on January 13th. My son took me home and shopped for food to keep me going for a while.

Review of Oak House on Wednesday 15 January 2014 by Lesley H (Daughter)

My father has been looked after to the utmost standard.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 9 January 2014 by Barbara B (Daughter of resident)

Due to on-going medical problems my mother only spent a brief time on 'the highway' but in that short time I was really impressed by all the staff - the facilities: everyone smiled. The manager on the floor was fantastic - she deserves a medal. I'm sure the staff take their lead from her, can't praise Oak House enough its the only place I'd want to go if ever I was in need of rehab. Well done.

Review of Oak House on Tuesday 10 December 2013 by Debbie W (Father-in-law in care)

The management supervisors on the 1st floor and the carers look after my father-in-law so well. He has so many illnesses which is difficult for anybody to handle but these carers understand my father-in-law's needs and they are there for him. They also can see straightaway if a doctor needs to be called or an ambulance. My husband and I would not know what to do without them, they deserve a big thank you.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 5 December 2013 by Sylvia B (Daughter of resident)

All carers and all staff are first class. My mum loves them all. My family are very happy with all the staff.

Review of Oak House on Wednesday 6 November 2013 by Charles Willmot (Nephew of resident)

My mother recently broke her hip while I was visiting her from New Zealand where I now live. Whilst here, I decided to visit my Aunt Gladys at Oak House. I was pleased to find her in good spirits, clean, and obviously well cared for and happy. I was impressed with the standard of presentation of the premises as well as the friendly staff. I especially enjoyed talking to Fiona and Muriel.

Review of Oak House on Tuesday 30 July 2013 by Keiron S (Son of resident)

My father has now settled into Oak House. The staff in general are very good. The home is very clean and very helpful, along with the manager David Adams.

Review of Oak House on Wednesday 10 July 2013 by Carol Pearson (Daughter of resident)

My father dreaded not being independent. He originally went into Oak House for intense rehab but was too frail to return home. The staff in Oak House (first floor) were always kind, considerate and very respectful of him. He didn't mix well with the other residents, he has always enjoyed his own company but they still made every effort to involve him in activities without being patronising. I couldn't care for him 24 hours, they became part of our family and supported us all.

Review of Oak House on Wednesday 10 July 2013 by Shelia Cousens (Wife of resident)

My husband was a resident at Oak House for a year until his death on 17th June 2013. Throughout that time he was cared for with respect for his dignity and with great tenderness. There were several changes of staff but all of them especially those who were there at the beginning, treated him extremely well. They were always welcoming when I visited him usually every other day.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 27 June 2013 by Barbara M (Stap daughter of resident)

I could not have wished for better care for my Step Father. The staff are amazing and Rachel (Activities) did all she could for Pete, as did the other staff that worked at Oak House.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 30 May 2013 by Peter B (Son of resident)

The best facilities I have ever seen in a care home. The staff were absolutely superb, very caring. Looked after my mother above and beyond their job requirements. The staff really cared for my mother, and she was very happy there. I couldn't wish for better staff, or their care and attention. I would recommend the home and especially the staff to anybody.

Review of Oak House on Tuesday 30 April 2013 by Nik Banurji (Son of resident)

Location, modern building and cleanliness. Friendly staff.

Review of Oak House on Thursday 7 March 2013 by Geoff Higginson (Son of Resident)

Very happy how my mother has been looked after. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Home is very clean, bright and modern.

Review of Oak House on Monday 4 March 2013 by Michael Clark (Step son of resident)

Very friendly and caring staff, who did everything to make the stay happy one.

Submit a Recommendation for Oak House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Oak House and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Team Leader

Exceeds Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Slough , Berkshire

10 Apr 2014

Laundry Assistant

Exceeds Minimum Wage

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Part Time)

Slough , Berkshire