Oak House, Slough, Berkshire

Oak House is a Slough care home that is owned by the highly-respected care provider, Care UK, known throughout the healthcare industry for their modern outlook towards developing care techniques that respect the individual.

This flexible home offers a number of extra services and entertainments to its residents, with an onsite library, hairdressing salon and cafe, as well as a therapy room, community shop and even a wildlife area that proves particularly popular with service users.

As well as being particularly effective in looking after people who suffer from dementia, Oak House is also available for anyone with respite care needs who can enjoy a homely and stress-free atmosphere.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Kim Tillson (Support Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Slough Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oak House: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Oak House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Oak House

Recommend service for friends, good building and staff first floor highway unit.

Oak House

If a person needed care and support I would recommend Oak House, the staff are very friendly, supportive and mix one on one with the resident. Rachel takes me shopping and out for a meal, which is very nice, it made me feel very comfortable. The room is exactly what one person would need and is kept very nice and clean.

Oak House

Find the staff very helpful in many ways they make the days here very special every day, Kristina, Jackie, Marlon, Shan, Delia, Shane bring a smile to my face every day, always willing to help at the highway unit.

Oak House

Level of care and service is very good.

Oak House

It gives us great pleasure to recommend Bozena for all of the hard work and caring attitude which is taken to ensure that our mother's care needs have been accomplished, all to an extremely high standard.

Oak House

Caring considerate staff, good quality of care. Understanding staff and very compassionate. Place is clean and tidy.

Oak House

I want to express my gratitude and heartfelt thanks to all the staff on Floor 2, who welcomed my father into their family and enriched his life. They gave him excellent care and I am so lucky that I found a home for him that he loved, and that I had peace of mind.

Oak House

Very good, as was staff. I really enjoyed my care here and will sadly miss the home and people.

Oak House

My mother has been in highway unit for over two weeks since her bad fall at a shopping centre. I have found the manager very amenable and put my mum at rest as soon as mum was admitted. The carers have been very encouraging and totally dedicated to mums welfare and rehabilitation. Oanna, Christine, Aneshca, Marion and all the team I give a very special thank you.

Oak House

Oak house is a very caring place, the staff are very friendly and caring and very welcoming. I would recommend to anyone looking for a care home.

Recommendation
Extremely happy with all the staff at Oak House especially those on the 2nd floor, Bozena and her team, who were always kind, caring, considerate and respectful to my mother in law throughout her time there. They do an excellent job!

How likely would you be to recommend Oak House? Extremely likely

Oak House

Bozena and team on 2nd Floor. I have been a regular visitor to Oak House over the last three years as my friend and neighbour was resident there. She was very well cared for and I found the staff kind, helpful and friendly. The home is very clean and bright with a cheerful family atmosphere. The rooms, spacious and comfortable and visitors always made most welcome by staff willing to answer questions about patients health and welfare. On these grounds I would recommend Oak House for elderly people needing care in a homely environment. Value for money, unable to comment.

Oak House

Very happy with the service my great aunt has received, nothing is too much trouble. Whatever my question I always receive a prompt and caring response. The whole team is excellent.

Oak House

Saad Baig, has taken over the role of unit manager and I would like to say what a fantastic job he is doing. His team, Rachel Hodge. Kim Clement and Klaudia, to name but a few, work extremely well together.

Oak House

The caring staff on this floor work as a team. The manager on the first floor Bozena is extremely helpful. I truly feel there is nothing that is too much trouble for all staff on this floor. Recommendations especially go to Kristina, Rachel and Kim and once again Bozena.

Oak House

A wonderful home who has given my mother an excellent level of care since her sudden need for care after my dad was taken ill. I can recommend it without any hesitation. Saad and his wonderful team are brilliant.

Oak House

My mum is now on the 1st floor in Oak House. She is well looked after and cared for. The staff on this floor are 2nd to none, with special thanks to Bozena, Kristina, Rachel and Kim not forgetting other staff in the home including Kim Tillson. When I go home,I leave this home knowing my mum is receiving the best of care, I can see it in my mum's mood, appearance and happiness. Well done everyone.

Oak House

I am so pleased with the level of care provided by the first floor at Oak House for my mother. She has been there for 15 months and the staff are wonderful. She has gained weight and now looks much healthier, she loves the food! It is a warm, safe and caring environment and I have peace of mind as I know she could not be anywhere better.

Oak House

Sympathetic realistic assistance in a short stay recuperation period to enable a regaining of some energy to continue life with as much independence as possible in the near future, it is hoped. Cannot say a big enough appreciative thanks. Truly. Returned to home address safely on January 13th. My son took me home and shopped for food to keep me going for a while.

Oak House

My father has been looked after to the utmost standard.

Oak House

Due to on-going medical problems my mother only spent a brief time on 'the highway' but in that short time I was really impressed by all the staff - the facilities: everyone smiled. The manager on the floor was fantastic - she deserves a medal. I'm sure the staff take their lead from her, can't praise Oak House enough its the only place I'd want to go if ever I was in need of rehab. Well done.

Oak House

The management supervisors on the 1st floor and the carers look after my father-in-law so well. He has so many illnesses which is difficult for anybody to handle but these carers understand my father-in-law's needs and they are there for him. They also can see straightaway if a doctor needs to be called or an ambulance. My husband and I would not know what to do without them, they deserve a big thank you.

Oak House

All carers and all staff are first class. My mum loves them all. My family are very happy with all the staff.

Oak House

My mother recently broke her hip while I was visiting her from New Zealand where I now live. Whilst here, I decided to visit my Aunt Gladys at Oak House. I was pleased to find her in good spirits, clean, and obviously well cared for and happy. I was impressed with the standard of presentation of the premises as well as the friendly staff. I especially enjoyed talking to Fiona and Muriel.

Oak House

My father has now settled into Oak House. The staff in general are very good. The home is very clean and very helpful, along with the manager David Adams.

Oak House

My father dreaded not being independent. He originally went into Oak House for intense rehab but was too frail to return home. The staff in Oak House (first floor) were always kind, considerate and very respectful of him. He didn't mix well with the other residents, he has always enjoyed his own company but they still made every effort to involve him in activities without being patronising. I couldn't care for him 24 hours, they became part of our family and supported us all.

Oak House

My husband was a resident at Oak House for a year until his death on 17th June 2013. Throughout that time he was cared for with respect for his dignity and with great tenderness. There were several changes of staff but all of them especially those who were there at the beginning, treated him extremely well. They were always welcoming when I visited him usually every other day.

Submit a Recommendation for Oak House

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Oak House

Care Assistant

Exceeds Minimum Wage (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Slough, Berkshire

Nurse, RGN or RMN

Competitive hourly rate plus benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Slough, Berkshire