Oak House, Slough, Berkshire

Oak House is a Slough care home that is owned by the highly-respected care provider, Care UK, known throughout the healthcare industry for their modern outlook towards developing care techniques that respect the individual.

This flexible home offers a number of extra services and entertainments to its residents, with an onsite library, hairdressing salon and cafe, as well as a therapy room, community shop and even a wildlife area that proves particularly popular with service users.

As well as being particularly effective in looking after people who suffer from dementia, Oak House is also available for anyone with respite care needs who can enjoy a homely and stress-free atmosphere.

Group: Care UK Nursing & Residential Care Services

Person in charge: Julie Bignell (Support Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Slough Borough Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Urdu

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Oak House: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Oak House is based on 19 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.080 is made up of 4.763 Points relating to the ratings and 4.317 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

This is a great home, most of the staff are excellent at doing there job and are great with the residents, I would recommend this home to those that are looking to place their loved ones in a friendly home

How likely would you be to recommend Oak House? Extremely LIKELY

Oak House is an excellent care home with dedicated care team. The residents are very well cared for. The unit is spotlessly clean.

Recommend service for friends, good building and staff first floor highway unit.

If a person needed care and support I would recommend Oak House, the staff are very friendly, supportive and mix one on one with the resident. Rachel takes me shopping and out for a meal, which is very nice, it made me feel very comfortable. The room is exactly what one person would need and is kept very nice and clean.

Find the staff very helpful in many ways they make the days here very special every day, Kristina, Jackie, Marlon, Shan, Delia, Shane bring a smile to my face every day, always willing to help at the highway unit.

Level of care and service is very good.

It gives us great pleasure to recommend Bozena for all of the hard work and caring attitude which is taken to ensure that our mother's care needs have been accomplished, all to an extremely high standard.

Caring considerate staff, good quality of care. Understanding staff and very compassionate. Place is clean and tidy.

I want to express my gratitude and heartfelt thanks to all the staff on Floor 2, who welcomed my father into their family and enriched his life. They gave him excellent care and I am so lucky that I found a home for him that he loved, and that I had peace of mind.

Very good, as was staff. I really enjoyed my care here and will sadly miss the home and people.

My mother has been in highway unit for over two weeks since her bad fall at a shopping centre. I have found the manager very amenable and put my mum at rest as soon as mum was admitted. The carers have been very encouraging and totally dedicated to mums welfare and rehabilitation. Oanna, Christine, Aneshca, Marion and all the team I give a very special thank you.

Oak house is a very caring place, the staff are very friendly and caring and very welcoming. I would recommend to anyone looking for a care home.

Recommendation

Extremely happy with all the staff at Oak House especially those on the 2nd floor, Bozena and her team, who were always kind, caring, considerate and respectful to my mother in law throughout her time there. They do an excellent job!

How likely would you be to recommend Oak House? Extremely LIKELY

Bozena and team on 2nd Floor. I have been a regular visitor to Oak House over the last three years as my friend and neighbour was resident there. She was very well cared for and I found the staff kind, helpful and friendly. The home is very clean and bright with a cheerful family atmosphere. The rooms, spacious and comfortable and visitors always made most welcome by staff willing to answer questions about patients health and welfare. On these grounds I would recommend Oak House for elderly people needing care in a homely environment. Value for money, unable to comment.

Very happy with the service my great aunt has received, nothing is too much trouble. Whatever my question I always receive a prompt and caring response. The whole team is excellent.

Saad Baig, has taken over the role of unit manager and I would like to say what a fantastic job he is doing. His team, Rachel Hodge. Kim Clement and Klaudia, to name but a few, work extremely well together.

A wonderful home who has given my mother an excellent level of care since her sudden need for care after my dad was taken ill. I can recommend it without any hesitation. Saad and his wonderful team are brilliant.

My mum is now on the 1st floor in Oak House. She is well looked after and cared for. The staff on this floor are 2nd to none, with special thanks to Bozena, Kristina, Rachel and Kim not forgetting other staff in the home including Kim Tillson. When I go home,I leave this home knowing my mum is receiving the best of care, I can see it in my mum's mood, appearance and happiness. Well done everyone.

I am so pleased with the level of care provided by the first floor at Oak House for my mother. She has been there for 15 months and the staff are wonderful. She has gained weight and now looks much healthier, she loves the food! It is a warm, safe and caring environment and I have peace of mind as I know she could not be anywhere better.

Submit a Review for Oak House

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Oak House

Care Assistant

Competitive Sallary (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Slough, Berkshire

Registered Nurse - RGN, RMN, RNLD

£11.50 - £15.50ph (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Slough, Berkshire