Mallard House, Grange Farm, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Mallard House
Mallard House

Tel: 01908 520022

Mallard House is a purpose built, specialist neurological care home is situated in the heart of Grange Farm, a local community in Milton Keynes, with easy access to shops, leisure facilities and public transport.

Mallard's multi-disciplinary care team ensures everyone receives the highest quality of person centred care and are able to achieve and maintain the highest quality of life in an environment where their physical, psychological and social well being are taken care of.

Mallard House also has dedicated and highly motivated activity teams who provide residents with a variety of therapeutic activities reflecting their personal hobbies and interests.

Where possible residents are encouraged to access the facilities within the local community using public transport or the home's own vehicles.

Mallard's Day Opportunities Centre also allows residents the chance to get out and about and enjoy a range of sensory, relaxing and stimulating activities.

Oakley Unit is on the ground floor of Mallard House. It provides a safe and homely environment, with specially designed day lounges and gardens landscaped to suit a variety of physical and mental health needs.

All 29 ensuite bedrooms are fully furnished and residents are encouraged to personalise their rooms to their own taste.

Oakley Unit provides specialist nursing and palliative care to people with progressive terminal illnesses, neurological disorders and complex healthcare needs, such as Huntington’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, Muscular Dystrophy, Cerebral Injuries and many more. Also welcomes respite care on a long or short term basis.

Group: P J Care Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Kingslea (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Milton Keynes Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Eating Disorders • Mental Health Condition • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alcohol Dependence (past or present) • Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Down Syndrome • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Pre assessment free of charge prior to admission. Ages 18+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Polish

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Mallard House: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Mallard House

(long term neurological conditions and neuro-rehabilitation)
posted 03 Nov 2014

November 2013

2013 National Care Awards

Date: Friday 29 Nov 2013

October 2013

June 2013

The user 'Recommendation Score' (7.8 for Mallard House) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Mallard House

My mother has been in Mallard on convalescence and has been very well cared for, she has improved beyond belief. The hospital had written her off.

Submitted by Kevin T (Son of resident) on Monday 28 October 2013.

Review of Mallard House

I wanted to write briefly just to thank you personally for the tremendous support you have given me over the years. I have nothing but praise for all the staff at Mallard House who have done so much to make John's life as meaningful as it possibly could be in the circumstances. But I also remember all too clearly how wonderful you were in supporting me at a time when I had really lost all hope, and when my contact with reality had become very marginal. I didn't find any guide books that could help me when I was at my most desolate but, whether you realise it or not, your confident knowledge, strength and experience were immensely helpful to me - from the small things like teaching me to cup my hands round John's face to make him feel more secure, to the frightening stuff like how to save myself from having to sell the flat to finance John's continuing care. Thank you so very much for it all. You should be so proud of PJ Care. I think it's an outstanding operation. One tends only to hear of the horrific examples of care organisations and I wish more people who face the dreadful circumstances I had to deal with could know about, and be reassured, that places like Mallard House exist. Never fear, I am doing my utmost to spread the word. I would really like to do something nice for the staff on Oakley ward and would value your advice once again. Could I donate £1000 towards a party for them all? John was always up for a good time and I know he would think it was a good idea. But if you don't think that's good, is there something I could buy for the staff that would make their working, or break times, a bit more comfortable or pleasurable? Do let me know what you think.

Submitted by Liz W (Wife of former resident) on Tuesday 6 August 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Mallard House

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Mallard House

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Mallard House