Chelmer Valley Care Home

Broomfield Hospital Site, Puddings Wood Lane, Chelmsford CM1 7FG

Chelmer Valley Care Home, Chelmsford, Essex

Chelmer Valley provides a high standard of evidence based person-centred care, delivered by a highly dedicated team of staff. The home also provides high-quality person-centred care in the palliative care, general nursing and residential wings.

For those that require it, a respite facility is also available on request. Families already benefiting from the care provided, describe the home as 'a wonderful care community'.

The home is designed to challenge the typical care home stereotype with innovations like an in-house stylish Alzheimer’s Café, whilst providing traditional services such as good home-cooked food.

All of the interior designed rooms are single occupancy with en-suite shower rooms and include modern comforts such as plasma televisions. Guest rooms are available for visiting friends and family, who are often welcome to join in the activities such as gardening, painting and music, and accompany home outings.

Group: Forest Pines Care

Person in charge: Sharon Daley (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 140 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Chelmer Valley Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.7 (maximum of 10) for Chelmer Valley Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.703 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.503 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.2 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.703 for Chelmer Valley Care Home is based on 15 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.503 for Chelmer Valley Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (88 Excellents x 5) + (63 Goods x 4) + (8 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 159 Ratings = 4.503

The Quantity Score of 4.2 for Chelmer Valley Care Home is calculated as follows:

Very impressed with the care that every staff member provides and the cleanliness of the care home itself. All staff members cater for every ones needs, which is very important.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My wife has been a resident at Chelmer Valley Care Home since October 17th 2014. In that time I have always found her well looked after by the friendly staff. The home in general and her own en-suite room are always kept clean and tidy. My wife is always kept clean, changed when necessary and showered on a daily basis and I have no cause for concern. The food seems fine and varied and ate in a separate dining room normally. The home has regular entertainment for the residents and outings in the summer months. I am happy and unconcerned that she is a resident.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

Chelmer Valley Nursing Home was selected and recommend by the hospital following a short period at the hospital. The home was warm, with very welcoming staff, immediately apparent to us all. My mother was treated with respect and professional and excellent care by all nursing staff. The room provided and its facilities were also excellent and could not be faulted. We were able to use the kitchen facilities to make tea or coffee whenever we wanted and cooked meals providing some notice was given and at a very reasonable cost.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would recommend this facility as we found the staff very helpful and friendly especially the manager who took so much of the worry away from us. The home is very clean, the food is good and the rooms are spacious all with their own bathroom. Although this is a massive change for my brother who's used to living on his own, he has begun to settle in and loves all the staff who take really good care of him and are always ready for a chat. Residents are encouratgd to join in social events if they like and sometime have a trip out for lunch into town in their mini bus.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has only been a resident for 3 weeks so it is difficult to provide an overall judgement but seems fine and staff very helpful.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Likely

In the 5 years 9 months that my husband has been a resident, there have been many changes and management have varied a great deal. At the moment it appears good. The care on the unit has always been good, apart from the odd occasion when pressure on the staff has been too great. My husband sustained a fractured humerus at the end of last year because of careless handling but the incident was dealt with swiftly by the manager and police. Needless to say more staff would ease the pressure of the carers, but I realise this is unlikely to happen.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Likely

I have found the care for my husband to be in a comfortable room with caring staff. My only concern is the diet with which seems to be somewhat strange to me e.g cheese biscuits served as cake for tea and cabbage and mash with chips served with a fried egg for lunch!! maybe as a domestic science teacher I am over critical but their food combinations are not usual to English palates!

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Don't know

Always find staff are helpful, treat my mum with dignity and care at all times. Mum's room is always tidy. Mum is always dressed well and looks smart. Makes me feel happy when I come to visit. Been really happy with mums care over the last 4 years.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

I came to the above home following a complete knee replacement. i had been in hospital for ten days and needed a week to aid my recovery and build up my strength and confidence. I am elderly and widowed with no family close by. The home proved to be a very caring lovely place. All the staff were kindness itself. My room was roomy with beautiful views from the windows. I was most comfortable and well looked after and encouraged to work hard on my exercises. The food was good and I am grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Chelmer Valley Care Home? Extremely Likely

The treatment and care that my mother received from the day she was admitted to the day she passed away was excellent. We as a family have no complaints. Our mothers every needs were taken care of, care and dignity. We cannot thank you enough.

A well organised and caring environment.

Top care. The indisputable leader of the gang.

My father stayed in Broomfield for a week whilst my mother was in hospital. They looked after dad so well and made him very comfortable, nothing was too much trouble and they made a very stressful event more bearable.

The home is well run and the staff are polite and helpful and always keep us informed. Always appear to go the extra mile for the residents. I am writing on behalf of myself, my sister, brother and my husband and we all feel that mum is getting the best possible care. We would strongly recommend the home.

My husband, Brian has been in the Grange for 16 months. He has been well looked after and settled down well. I have no reasons to worry about him. Any issues they have, they have spoken to me about which is a good thing. All the staff are a friendly crowd and everyone seems happy and contented. I would have no hesitation in recommending this home to anybody concerned about accommodation.

Submit a Review for Chelmer Valley Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chelmer Valley Care Home

Care Assistants

£8.00 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

night Health care assistants

£8.00per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Clinical Lead

£34 000 per annum (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered Nurse

£14.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Chelmsford, Essex

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chelmer Valley Care Home