East Hanningfield Road, Howe Green, Chelmsford CM2 7TP

Chelmsford Nursing Home, Chelmsford, Essex

Chelmsford Nursing Home offer a skilled service for some complex care needs, that can include dementia care, while the facility is ideal for those with mobility issues.

All Forest Pines care homes base their philosophy on meeting individual needs and aspirations, taking a positive approach to care provision, up-to-date with modern practice but all prioritising dignity and respect.

Group: Forest Pines Care

Person in charge: Marc Sullivan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 64 residents

Facilities & Services: Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Chelmsford Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.6 for Chelmsford Nursing Home) is based on 27 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Armchairs stained- could have removable covers for washing. At lunch time too many staff go to lunch at the same time leaving inadequate staffing in the lounge to provide care/support to residents.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Need more variety in menu. Carpets need cleaning/washing as very stained.

Wendy Rushton, Operations Director at Chelmsford Nursing Home responded to this review on 17 Aug 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to provide these comments as they help us to improve the service we offer. For information, the menus have now been revised and residents have been consulted with regards to choice. The carpets are included in the capital expenditure plan and will be replaced in the coming months.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My mother has been a resident in Chelmsford nursing home for nearly two years. My sister and I cannot fault the care she receives from All the staff. We are kept informed if any change in her condition, when we visit we are made to feel welcome and part of a large family and we are confident in the knowledge that mum is being treated with the utmost dignity.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I am extremely grateful to Chelmsford nursing home for caring for my husband in such a lovely way. Nothing is to much trouble for them, from the management to the carers. I would recommend this home to anyone. He is spotlessly clean even though he cannot do a thing for himself, and is always very happy. I can now sleep soundly at night knowing he is safe. Thank you everyone at Chelmsford Nursing Home.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

The staff are always professional and look after my wife in a loving and caring manner. Nothing is too much trouble. A varied programme of activities is organised each week. The family and friends can visit at any time and are always made welcome.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My husband has only been here for 8 weeks. I am very pleased with the care he has been given. The management and staff are friendly always approachable with any concern you may have. My family and I looked at many homes and are pleased we found this one.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I have no recommendations at present. Fully settled at the home.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

While my mother was a resident here, she received the highest quality of care. The staff were so kind and friendly and she couldn't have been happier. I can't praise them enough and rate them 10/10.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Very pleased but my husband hasn't been here long enough to make any recommendations (2 weeks).

Chelmsford Nursing Home

This is a purpose-built facility located in a very pleasant rural location, but easily accessible from the A12 / A130 junction. As you approach the site, you could be excused for mistaking it for a country spa, and the accommodation is excellent. The nursing and care staff are a friendly team, and we feel confident that residents are in extremely good hands. A dedicated activities team ensures that residents enjoy a range of entertainment and events, while the catering staff provide a varied and nutritious choice of meals. The cleanliness of the building and attractiveness of the grounds is a credit to the housekeeping, maintenance and gardening staff. Management is approachable and responsive to requests and suggestions. Having considered a number of care home options, I have no doubt that Chelmsford Nursing Home is a top choice, and am very happy to be entrusting Mum's care to the team. In fact I feel lucky to have secured a place for her here.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I would recommend highly.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Very caring and pleasant staff. My husband is always clean and shaved every day, clean clothes every day. Washed and showered. Now bedridden but always someone looking in on him and making sure he is OK. So I do not have to worry about him. I would highly recommend Chelmsford Nursing Home.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My Nan has been in this house for 2 years now. The staff are fantastic, me and my 2 year old daughter are always made very welcome. It is always clean, the food is excellent and we couldn't have found a better place for Nan to live.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Far, far the best nursing home in the area, we visited a lot before we found this one. The staff have the residents in mind at all times, activities keep residents occupied. Food is excellent and the rooms are spotless. Well worth the visit to see for yourself.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My Mother is looked after very well at Chelmsford Nursing Home. The staff are very efficient and caring and understands her needs completely. There is a good range of entertainment and outings arranged and the premises are always clean and looked after.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

She always looks well cared for an the staff are friendly and happy to help if we need anything.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My friend was 85 years old and suffered from Dementia as her only friend of long standing (I am her daughters Godmother) and Daughter of her friend it was left to me to help her as she had put me as next of kin. On leaving Basildon having spent six months in the mental health unit where she had deteriorated rapidly. I was asked to find her a place urgently for palliative care, Chelmsford nursing home was visited by myself and her daughters carers from a brain injury unit in Colchester and agreed this was the ideal place. She was happier in her last weeks of life there than she'd been in the year prior. I personally would love to spend my last weeks there if i needed a home.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

Residents treated as per the needs of each individual, with dignity and care. Always plenty of care staff per ratio of residents. Family of residents always welcome to visit. Father safe and happy.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I would highly recommend this nursing home. In the short time my mother spent here every aspect of care given to her was exceptional. The staff are very caring and friendly and the home is kept very clean.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I would and have recommended this home to anybody, I myself have been a carer for over 20 years, and have worked have been a carer for over 20 years, and have worked in various homes in the country and this by far the best home I have been to in every way.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

This is a wonderful care home. I viewed many before making the final decision. This home is kept clean. Every member of staff that I have met have been extremely helpful and caring. I would mark it 10/10 every time!

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My father having just passed away has prompted me to express my thanks and gratitude to all the staff of Chelmsford Nursing Home by highly recommending it to anyone considering it for a loved one to reside in. My father moved into the home with an advanced case of Alzheimer's and was always cared for in a professional way.Not only do I feel that all his needs were met, but that there was a wonderful family atmosphere fostered by the staff. Above all, what I would like to highlight is how genuine was the fondness that all the staff felt for my father in such difficult circumstances.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

One of the best nursing homes in the region. The facilities and staff stand head and shoulders above the rest. The residents are given excellent food and attention and the activities are well run and help to stimulate the brain. Families are encouraged to take part in events and entertainment is often available.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My dad, who had dementia, was treated with expert loving care and dignity. He was almost always happy and content; the only exception was his frustration at being changed. The staff dealt with his frustration with patience and dignity and made his ordeal as quick and easy as possible. The staff treasured dad and entertained him using their knowledge of his love of singing. They treated him like a family member, and in the end I believe that he thought that they were his family.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

I think that the care my husband had was absolutely marvellous, all the members of staff who work there are superb.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

My friend has been very happy, very well looked after and cared for in this lovely friendly home. The food is excellent. Nothing it too much trouble for the staff to do. My husband and myself are always pleased to go there to visit our friend we can also have lunch if we wish.

Chelmsford Nursing Home

All the staff who came into contact with the residents are kind and helpful when dealing with them. The carers ask relatives for information which will help them deal with the individual resident. The residents are kept very clean and presentable.

Submit a Review for Chelmsford Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Chelmsford Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Chelmsford Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Chelmsford Nursing Home