Gifford House Care Home, Bowers Gifford, Basildon, Essex
Gifford House Care Home
Gifford House Care Home

Gifford House Care Home, in Basildon, is registered for sixty-one service users and offers a comfortable atmosphere in which for individuals with care needs to experience a pleasing day-to-day lifestyle, while having 24-hour access to professional carers.

An excellent environment for clients with a physical disability, the Gifford House service also specialises in skilled dementia care, with staff experienced in helping adults with a sensitive state of mental health.

Group: A M S Care Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Hutchinson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 61 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gifford House Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Gifford House Care Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gifford House Care Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Gifford House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Gifford House Care Home

My mother had 2 weeks respite care in the home and was very well taken care of by all the staff I observed. Jacqui, the organiser of activities, was especially kind and helpful towards my mother and indeed to my wife and myself. She made the settling in and the departure too, as easy as she could given the circumstances.

Submitted by Robert B (Son of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 2 December 2014.

Review of Gifford House Care Home

My Dad settled very quickly into this lovely home. He is settled and feels safe and secure and we are obviously thrilled. Everyone here seems to be very polite, caring and kind and all have time to chat and make everyone feel special. Gifford House has many wonderful amenities for its residents and the building itself is spotless and exceptionally well cared for, with light airy day rooms and plenty of space in the dining rooms and other general areas. My father's room is a lovely size, but still manages to be cosy and his own en-suite is a lovely bonus and makes him very happy. It really is rather plush - more like a beautiful hotel! A HUGE plus - there is no odour anywhere in the home, apart from a clean fresh smell and it really is spotless, as are the staff. Also, my father is kept very clean and bathed/showered or given a strip wash every day and every facility has been thought of to keep him clean and hygienic. My father loves his food and Gifford House could not do better for him, with choices of meals at every meal time and even special requests considered too. Having seen their Christmas/New Year menu's, I have to say I was envious of the delicious choice offered. There are also lovely grounds for the residents, which I would imagine are beautiful in the warmer months. As I've mentioned before, everywhere at this care home is beautifully maintained and well cared for. My mother and I are just so thrilled that we found this fantastic place for my dad and I can totally recommend this care home to everyone who is facing the difficult position of having to put a loved one into residential/nursing care.

Submitted by Lindsay Sabbarton (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 10 December 2013.

Review of Gifford House Care Home

My husband remarks about how well looked after he is and how kind everybody is to him. The staff are always friendly, kind, and helpful to me also.

Submitted by Jean R (Wife of resident) on Friday 23 August 2013.

Review of Gifford House Care Home

When mum and I first entered Gifford House before dad was admitted, it felt like walking into a nice modern hotel - none of the smells associated with homes for the elderly, fresh flowers, very clean. Since dad has been there he has been given first class treatment by the entire staff who are all very caring and friendly. When mum mentioned to the chef that dad loves kippers, he arranged for them to be provided regularly. The food is always fresh and residents are fed very well. I take my hat off to Manesh - he is a very caring person who puts residents first in all aspects of running the home.

Submitted by Terry L (Son of resident) on Friday 23 August 2013.

Review of Gifford House Care Home

my mum was a resident for 6 mths. She had been in 4 nursing homes. I cannot fault the care she received the staff was amazing and I was always keep up to date with her care. The home was spotless always clean. Herself and her clothes was always looked after I never had any clothes ruined. Myself and husband was invited to Christmas dinner with my mum the food was amazing and lots of it not baby portions. My mum loved the entertainment they had every month. Mum's room was beautiful bright cleaned daily. Mum would have her hair done fortnightly. Just the little things they did for Mum like painting her nails which he liked a lot. Even the last month all she did was sleep but everyday she was washed and had clean night dress put on. The staff also looked after me too as I live in Canada I was always welcomed with a smile and a friendly chat. I would have no worries putting any of my family members in this home. When my mum passed away I held her wake at the home. If I had any problems the staff were always on hand to help me. This nursing home is like being at home no matter if it was the cleaner, office staff or nursing staff they all said hello with a smile. This helps when your going through a hard time. Mum would have a cooked breakfast cereal or toast lunch was always a hot meal tea or dinner was sandwich with great choices and yummy cakes in between meals they could have smoothies, tea, coffee, juice, milk normally with a biscuit or cake. If you want a nursing home that your family will be well cared for please try Gifford house I know you wont be disappointed I just wished she had been there longer.

Submitted by Lorraine Webb (daughter of passed resident) on Monday 15 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Gifford House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Gifford House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gifford House Care Home