Gifford House Care Home, Basildon, Essex
Gifford House Care Home

Gifford House Care Home, in Basildon, is registered for sixty-one service users and offers a comfortable atmosphere in which for individuals with care needs to experience a pleasing day-to-day lifestyle, while having 24-hour access to professional carers.

An excellent environment for clients with a physical disability, the Gifford House service also specialises in skilled dementia care, with staff experienced in helping adults with a sensitive state of mental health.

Group: A M S Care Ltd

Person in charge: Susan Hutchinson (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Essex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 61 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Gifford House Care Home: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.5 for Gifford House Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Gifford House Care Home

My mother had 2 weeks respite care in the home and was very well taken care of by all the staff I observed. Jacqui, the organiser of activities, was especially kind and helpful towards my mother and indeed to my wife and myself. She made the settling in and the departure too, as easy as she could given the circumstances.

Gifford House Care Home

My Dad settled very quickly into this lovely home. He is settled and feels safe and secure and we are obviously thrilled. Everyone here seems to be very polite, caring and kind and all have time to chat and make everyone feel special. Gifford House has many wonderful amenities for its residents and the building itself is spotless and exceptionally well cared for, with light airy day rooms and plenty of space in the dining rooms and other general areas. My father's room is a lovely size, but still manages to be cosy and his own en-suite is a lovely bonus and makes him very happy. It really is rather plush - more like a beautiful hotel! A HUGE plus - there is no odour anywhere in the home, apart from a clean fresh smell and it really is spotless, as are the staff. Also, my father is kept very clean and bathed/showered or given a strip wash every day and every facility has been thought of to keep him clean and hygienic. My father loves his food and Gifford House could not do better for him, with choices of meals at every meal time and even special requests considered too. Having seen their Christmas/New Year menu's, I have to say I was envious of the delicious choice offered. There are also lovely grounds for the residents, which I would imagine are beautiful in the warmer months. As I've mentioned before, everywhere at this care home is beautifully maintained and well cared for. My mother and I are just so thrilled that we found this fantastic place for my dad and I can totally recommend this care home to everyone who is facing the difficult position of having to put a loved one into residential/nursing care.

Gifford House Care Home

My husband remarks about how well looked after he is and how kind everybody is to him. The staff are always friendly, kind, and helpful to me also.

Gifford House Care Home

When mum and I first entered Gifford House before dad was admitted, it felt like walking into a nice modern hotel - none of the smells associated with homes for the elderly, fresh flowers, very clean. Since dad has been there he has been given first class treatment by the entire staff who are all very caring and friendly. When mum mentioned to the chef that dad loves kippers, he arranged for them to be provided regularly. The food is always fresh and residents are fed very well. I take my hat off to Manesh - he is a very caring person who puts residents first in all aspects of running the home.

Submit a Recommendation for Gifford House Care Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Gifford House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Gifford House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Gifford House Care Home