Ashley Lodge Care Home

Golden Hill, Ashley Lane, Ashley, New Milton BH25 5AH

Ashley Lodge Care Home, New Milton, Hampshire

An experienced team of nurses and care assistants at Ashley Lodge offer a range of tailored care packages for short stay and long term care. Care packages include dementia, residential, nursing, respite, convalescent and palliative care as well as care for older residents with physical disabilities.

Ashley Lodge is set within its own large landscaped grounds offering beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. The home is made up of two separate houses, each tastefully decorated and furnished. Many of the bedrooms have en-suite facilities and a view over the landscaped gardens.

The home provides nutritious and tasty meals that take each individual’s personal preferences into account and are only prepared using fresh ingredients. As well as the main meals served during the day, residents can also choose from a Night Bite menu should they wish for an evening or late night snack.

Numerous activities are organised to entertain and stimulate, and residents are encouraged to continue with any hobbies or interests that they already have.

Person in charge: Donald Day (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 77 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ashley Lodge Care Home: click here

9.6 Ashley Lodge Care Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.644)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Ashley Lodge Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.7 out of 5 from 19 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashley Lodge Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.735 for Ashley Lodge Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (179 Excellents x 5) + (35 Goods x 4) + (11 Satisfactorys x 3) + (1 Poors x 2) ) ÷ 226 Ratings = 4.735

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.909 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashley Lodge Care Home is based on 14 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 15.4 positive Reviews (77 registered beds ÷ 5). 14 Reviews ÷ 15.4 Target = 0.909

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ashley Lodge Care Home

• Nephew of Resident/Service User

My friends moved into Ashley Lodge Care Home in April 2015. Whilst in there they have received kind and caring attention. The staff are of the highest calibre and nothing is too much trouble. Sadly, one of my friends passed away and the staff are managing the partner left behind. My friend was married for many years. This could be a very traumatic situation but the staff are showing their caring side and help my friend to come to terms with her loss. I would and tell people what high standards Ashley Lodge Care Home achieves. The staff with their care for the residents make a home like environment for all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 12 Jan 2017:

Mother has been at the home for two years now, she's very happy and comfortable. My life has become easier knowing she has the best care.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

At first, everything was alien to me but as the weeks have flown by things slot into place and you start to feel part of a very dedicated homely family, when all my needs are sorted out then things settle down and everybody does their bit of duty and everybody's happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 19 Dec 2016:

I cannot praise highly enough the team at Ashley Lodge Care Home, not only for their loving care of mum but also of me. Nothing was ever too much trouble and I really felt that we mattered.
Continuing improvements i.e. sensory room and garden means that an already wonderful home just gets better.
My sincere thanks to all the staff for making a very difficult time bearable.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 26 Nov 2016:

About a year ago I left a very positive review about Ashley Lodge but since then a number of issues have caused me to alter my view of the home. Let me say, first of all, that the care staff and nurses are outstanding - always showing great care and commitment to the residents. The problems arose due to inadequate staffing levels, over-reliance on agency staff (who do not know the residents of course) and poor overall supervision. I visit my uncle twice a week and I began to find situations that were unacceptable. It seemed that staff were stretched thinly and any major issue left them struggling, despite their best efforts. My concern for my uncle's welfare led to me considering moving him to another home and this was accomplished recently.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Neither Unlikely or Likely

Management: Poor

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

We take all comments extremely seriously and are very disappointed to hear that you are unsatisfied with your experience of care at one of our homes. Our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We would like to contact you so that we can discuss this in more detail and investigate it fully. Please can you contact our customer services team by emailing feedback@bupa.com so that we can discuss this feedback further?

My husband has been in Ashley Lodge for two days but already my son and I are delighted with the care he is being given.

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 26 May 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

From the moment we went to view Ashley Lodge we were impressed with the friendliness of everyone, especially the managers. They both come over as very enthusiastic and caring people. We were also impressed with the activities lady, whose energy seems boundless to provide the residents with as much stimulation as possible. The cleanliness and decor is top rate, and also the food menu is vast and varied. I'd certainly choose Ashley Lodge in my old age especially with the managers, plus carers still there.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 29 Apr 2016:

All the staff that my husband and I have met have been extremely caring and friendly, the whole place has a good atmosphere. Records and my mums care plans are well kept and always up to date, on the odd occasion I have asked a question the staff have been able to show my the answer either in her care plan in her room or in her notes held at the nurses station.

Mum is happy at Ashley Lodge, is kept clean with clean clothes, she is encouraged to get up and dressed each day and goes to the dinning room to eat with the other residents. There is time for activities and socialising in the afternoon. There is a nice garden surrounding the home and plans to put in extra plants which have been donated by local firms.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 03 May 2016:

All staff at Ashley Lodge are very good and caring with a pleasant attitude. I would like to add that the maintenance man is always very helpful when needed and keeps the home nicely decorated.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Ashley Lodge is a very happy, warm and caring home. The staff are friendly, thoughtful and very efficient.
Since my mother's joined the home she has much better health, is happier and enjoys the community spirit and activities.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 28 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

The new manager is excellent had has made some very good improvements. The staff, management and carers are excellent. This care home has a very good supported atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Ashley Lodge Care Home responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Following a difficult period in hospital my wife came to Ashley Lodge. She has considerable trouble with pain and anxiety. The nurses and staff are working with my wife's GP to bring these issues under control. My wife enjoys the company of other people and the staff are making every effort to help her get out of bed each day and attend various activities. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. I feel that they not only support my wife but also myself and my family. I have every confidence that my wife is in the best of care and will make progress according to her capabilities.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

The Gentleman I come to see has only just come into Ashley Lodge Care Home, I was worried as he doesn't like change, But he has settled in very well. He couldn't have more care given if they tried. Everything and everyone have made him very happy which is a load off my mind. I've cared for him for over 20 years, so it has been a worry to get him settled. I am more than pleased with his care and its a joy to come & visit him and know he is well looked after. Well done and a big thank you to you all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Likely

The home looked after my Aunt for close to four years. She has been comfortable and well cared for by staff that were often her friends. The care she received was excellent and the staff almost always friendly to her and her family. I was always kept informed when health professional were called or when she had a fall.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been resident since October 2015, and the quality of the home and staff is excellent, she has found a home from home and even refers to Ashley Lodge as home now.

It was probably the best choice we have ever made and have no hesitation in recommending anyone

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care at Ashley Lodge is outstanding with everyone going the extra mile to ensure that residents have the best possible care even when they are under pressure. It is so refreshing to see how staff dress up on special occasions and make a fuss when it is a residents birthday just as if the resident was part of their own family. Having visited a number of residential homes it is also full credit to staff that everything at the home is so clean and that there are absolutely no unpleasant smells - well done!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

Mum was recently rushed into hospital from the home. The staff acted promptly, with care and expertise to ensure that an ambulance was called and that Mum was reassured and comforted whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive. During Mums hospital stay, the staff were regularly in touch with the hospital to see how she was. When Mum returned to the home she was warmly welcomed back by the staff who were pleased to see her. I had total confidence in the staff during this emergency and was also impressed by the way in which they kept me informed about what was happening.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

I would like to leave a review on Ashley Lodge Oakview New Milton Hampshire Excellent care, fantastic staff very kind and supportive to residents and to family members.

There is nothing that is a problem to them and they will always go the extra mile. I have piece of mind knowing my mum is being well cared for and I am not worrying that she is not being looked after properly when I am not there. A big thank you to everyone in Oakview wonderful kind people.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Extremely Likely

The standards and the service is fanstastic,outstanding atmosphere. Management and staff are extremly supportive and will do anything they can to give the best possible service.(nothing is to much trouble).

How likely would you be to recommend Ashley Lodge Care Home? Likely

Submit a Review for Ashley Lodge Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashley Lodge Care Home