137/139 Stakes Road, Purbrook, Waterlooville PO7 5PD

Latham Lodge Nursing Home, Waterlooville, Hampshire

Latham Lodge Nursing Home is a homely facility within which high standards and personalised methods are practiced.

Latham Lodge benefits from the most up-to-date facilities and the very highest standard of décor. Residents’ rooms and the bright, spacious communal areas have all been finished to meet the most demanding standards – those of the elderly people cared for, their families and loved ones. Period features have been retained, adding to the sense of homeliness and, when the weather is fine, residents can enjoy the delightful gardens.

Latham Lodge offers a full range of nursing care support, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. Residents are encouraged to bring important personal possessions to personalise their rooms. Latham Lodge operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times. In common with all homes, Latham Lodge’s manager has a qualified nursing background. The home is fully registered with the Care Quality Commission and has ISO9001/2000 and Hospitality Assured accreditation.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Peter Barlow (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Head/Brain Injury • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Latham Lodge Nursing Home: click here

posted 24 Aug 2015

Please call 02392 254 175 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Latham Lodge.

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for Latham Lodge Nursing Home) is based on 12 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Latham Lodge is a lovely friendly, caring home and we know mum is happy there although she is unable to speak. The staff are supportive and sensitive to families worries and concerns, and always happy :). Our only reservation is the new set up of the lounge area since the refurbishment, it has become very unsocial with the chairs pushed up in rows facing the TV. Rather than in a circle around the room where residents could see others and interact. I know we aren't the only ones that feel this way. It's a shame as for many it's the only social space they have.

How likely would you be to recommend Latham Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Sarah Scott, Marketing Executive at Latham Lodge Nursing Home responded to this review on 19 Aug 2015:

At Latham Lodge we take pride in listening to our residents, relatives and friends. As a result we have considered the layout of the lounge and rearranged the furniture to allow for a more sociable area with small groups of chairs and coffee tables. This now provides a more homely feel and appearance. We always welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will continue to share your thoughts with us in the home.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

The home is very good and I would recommend it to anybody. The food is good. Staff are wonderful.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

I would highly recommend this care home to anyone. My mother has been here over 3 years and I have never had a problem.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

When my dad was put in to nursing home Latham Lodge from hospital I was very distressed. Katia was amazing. My dad is a very difficult patient and not kind to people sometimes. The carers have tried hard and been there for me to. There is a nice feel to the home. and it was only the second one I looked at.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Obviously one doesn't look for a 'care home' until a crisis arrives with a family member and then you have a problem "is it the right one?" Unless you are recommended, you do not know the home you are placing your loved one in. Myself, sister and three brothers could not have chosen a better home. The staff from the manager down to the laundry team are fantastic. Everyone is so caring, patient and diligent. Gold stars for all!

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Individual care plans, providing good personal care - excellent nursing care. Warm friendly environment. Always welcomed with drinks as a visitor. Staff well trained, motivated, cheerful and kind.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

The care for my mother has been excellent and she is very happy there.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

My mother was admitted to Latham after a stroke and stay in hospital. She had been totally independent in her own home until that time. This was a new experience for the whole family and very confusing, we needed to get it right. Latham Lodge was on a list the social worker gave me so I visited and from the first visit felt very welcome. We therefore chose to bring Mum and she has settled so well we all feel we are visiting her in her own home, so thank yo to everyone at Latham Lodge.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

The nursing home have a friendly caring staff and you feel that you are welcome to visit whenever you like. There is a range of activities that residents can enjoy. A high level of cleanliness in the building and confidence that your relatives care and safety is in caring hands.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Obviously one doesn't look for a care home until a crisis arrives with the family member,and you have a problem "is it the right one" unless you are recommended you do not know the home you are placing your loved one in. Myself, my sister and three brothers could not have chosen a better home. The staff from the manager to the laundry team are fantastic, everyone is caring, patient and diligent. Gold star for all !

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

I love living here at latham lodge. I get on very well with the staff you can enjoy a laugh with them. I cannot fault the standard of care and attention I recieve. Everyday is a good day here, with lots going on.

Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Latham Lodge saved my life I was so miserable where I was before, and I am so happy here, we are all well looked after and I enjoy the food and the activities. The staff are fantastic. Everybody is very friendly.

Submit a Review for Latham Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Latham Lodge Nursing Home

Care Assistant

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Waterlooville, Hampshire

Care Assistant

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Waterlooville, Hampshire

Sylvia

Sylvia Morse-Carter

Joined: 2015

As manager of Latham Lodge, Sylvia leads her professional care team in delivering the highest level of residential and nursing care for up to 37 residents.

Sylvia has 30 years’ experience as a mental health nurse, with the latter 15 years in a management role. She has managed community, day hospital and specialist mental health teams within the National Health Service (NHS) in her career to date.

She has also been a trainer for mental health, an investigating officer for complaints, as well as managed nursing homes in the private sector. More recently Sylvia has been area manager for a small private company of nursing and residential homes.

Sylvia says: 'I enjoy a challenge and love to support colleagues to develop their full potential, which improves job satisfaction whilst ensuring the best quality care for residents.

'I am very much a people person, and use the skills I have gained throughout my career to promote and support wellbeing for all. Listening to others is essential to ensure people feel valued – staff, visitors to the home and most importantly residents in our care.

'I am passionate about ensuring all that can be done, is done, to ensure everyone within our home has the best possible care we can give, they are treated with dignity and respect, and I believe that engaging with other professionals to promote and support residents’ needs, whatever they may be, is important. I will work to ensure that our good work at Latham Lodge continues.'

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Latham Lodge Nursing Home