Ranvilles Nursing Home, Fareham, Hampshire

Ranvilles Care Home is a Fareham-based facility which offers a flexible service for dementia and other mental health care needs.

The home has been successful in improving the lives of adults diagnosed with dementia, who appreciate a facility they can call 'home' and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle within an atmosphere of dignity and respect.

Ranvilles residents are able to pursue as active a lifestyle as they wish, while carers are also welcoming to visiting loved ones.

Group: Brookvale Healthcare

Person in charge: Debbie Mills (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Admission Information: Over 55.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ranvilles Nursing Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.5 for Ranvilles Nursing Home is based on 21 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.481 is made up of 4.689 Points relating to the ratings and 4.792 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I brought my husband to Ranvilles at a time when I was feeling desperate. They worked with me to find a way forward when I thought there was no way. For this I shall always be grateful. Ranvilles has the high standard of care, good food and safety that you would hope for from any care home. There is also something extra, a pride in helping challenging cases, warm and support to relatives, that is very touching. I attribute this to a very strong management team, supported by a core of really nice people working as carers. Your relative will be safe with them. It will not all be perfect, it couldn't be, but the staff at Ranvilles will respond quickly to your concerns and adapt a place suitable for your needs. Many thanks to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranvilles Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My dad was only at the home for a few weeks, but during this time, the care towards my dad was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. They treated him with dignity and respect. Always explaining to my dad what they were going to do before attempting/giving personal care. Being a nurse myself and having worked in many homes over ten years. Ranvilles is by far the best for care and support for residents as well as the relatives.

The standard of care was amazing no matter what time of day or night they came into his room to check he was alright and myself. They also looked after all the family during my partners last few days, they gave emotional support throughout. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff treated my partner with care and attention. Respecting his religious beliefs by contacting priest at the family's request to visit my partner near the end.

These are my comments on this wonderful most amazing nursing home. I thank every member of staff for the 110% effort and superb amount of care and consideration they showed to all my family and most importantly my dad. Everyone showed compassion and gave amazing support. Thank you so much Ranvilles.

From the very first visit we were very impressed with the nursing staff and level of care provided. Having viewed many other homes we were very pleased with our choice. Over the past six months we've had no reason to question our choice and have been able to relax knowing that mum is safe and well cared for 24/7.

I was most impressed with the care and attention given to my husband whilst he was in respite care at Ranvilles. The staff are excellent and attentive to the needs of the residents.

A very friendly nursing home which provides good quality care for the residents. My dad is very happy and settled and it is a big weight off my mind.

Care staff are very welcoming and friendly. Excellent nursing staff who are very caring and thorough with regards to keeping my father well (he has a history of heart problems). I feel my father's care is excellent and he is in the right place. Cleaning staff are also very friendly and interact with residents. Staff have excellent ways of dealing with dementia.

Dignity and Respect

As an assessor, part of my job is to do observations with my learner's. I have carried out quite a few at Ranvilles nursing home, all the carer's at the home have always shown an outstanding amount of respect and dignity towards the residents. They go above and beyond their duty of care to ensure the best care is provided for the residents this is not only the learner's that I have observed but to all the staff that work there. The managers ethos on how the elderly should be treated in later life has clearly filtered down to her staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranvilles Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I would strongly recommend Ranvilles nursing home.

This home is run to a very high standard. My wife is always clean and tidy. I can visit any time after 10:00. Staff do really care about all the people in the home.

Unfortunately as we were not able to visit our son due to age, disability and distance from Fareham, we cannot give first hand comments. However our grandson, who visited their father regularly, never made any adverse remarks and only assured us that our son was well cared for in ever respect.

I am completely satisfied with Ranvilles Nursing Home. I feel my mother is being very well looked after and the staff are very friendly and treat her well.

Since mum has been at Ranvilles I feel happy that she is well treated, fed well, has kept her dignity. The staff and management are caring, they keep the family informed of any issues. I have peace of mind that the staff can manage my mother's condition. The food is excellent - a home from home. Mum was in another home before Ranvilles which I was not impressed with.

My father has been a resident for over 2 years and I am completely satisfied with the care and attention he has received. As a healthcare professional myself I understand the challenging nature of dementia care and feel that Ranvilles has done its utmost to maintain privacy and dignity whilst in difficult circumstances.

A very caring service given to all residents. Staff are available to family members for help and advice and always with a smile. Family are kept up to date with residents needs via phone or email.

My Thoughts on Ranvilles

Ranvilles is a lovely home, its a pleasure to be in. Ranvilles is in a lovely old house . The d├ęcor is very pleasing to the eye. The staff are lovely and always say hello when you arrive and chat to you and tell me what my ma has been up to. Nothing is too much bother for them.

My ma has quite challenging behaviour and the staff are great with her and very patient and understanding. The food is always well presented and looks delicious they even make their own ice cream.

In fact my mum loves Ranvilles and has settled down very well. She was in hospital for a long time but says Ranvilles, is much better than hospital. All staff always greet my ma in the lounge area and she loves it. I was very apprehensive about her moving from hospital to the home but all the staff are so caring. The nurses even helped her pressure areas on her heel to heal completely. The manager is brilliant and has helped me understand my mum better. My ma always looks smart and well presented nice laundry service too. The staff are even great with my old dad when he visits. Thank you so much to everyone at Ranvilles.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranvilles Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My father was there after he came out of hospital and the care that he received was very good they made his last few months very comfortable, I knew he was being looked after well and they always called me if there was a problem.

My husband was there for 3 1/2 years. I visited him at least 3 times a week. Very caring, the staff manager became a friend. She helps me a lot especially when I lost my husband. I have no family, I visit the home once a week still and have become friends with a lady resident. I had great support from the manager especially at the death of my husband. He was very contented there and I cannot praise them enough for all the work they all do.

Good care starts from the top down and involves everyone. The manager here has a firm grip on everything. There are always enough staff. The place is constantly cleaned. The staff genuinely care for the residents and respond to their needs in timely fashion. All staff know the residents by name and speak to them like old friends. The manager makes herself visible at all times to visitors to address any updates or concerns.

Ranvilles was chosen by my adult daughter and I, after extensive searching and visits to care homes. My dementia suffering husband has been in their care for 4 years. From regular visits to my husband, we can say that the staff are wonderful with great understanding and treatment of dementia sufferers. They try so with activities, but dementia suffers do not respond too well.

Submit a Review for Ranvilles Nursing Home

January 2013

There are no jobs posted yet for Ranvilles Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ranvilles Nursing Home