Ranvilles Nursing Home, Titchfield, Fareham, Hampshire
Ranvilles Nursing Home
Ranvilles Nursing Home

Ranvilles Care Home is a Fareham-based facility which offers a flexible service for dementia and other mental health care needs.

The home has been successful in improving the lives of adults diagnosed with dementia, who appreciate a facility they can call 'home' and enjoy a comfortable lifestyle within an atmosphere of dignity and respect.

Ranvilles residents are able to pursue as active a lifestyle as they wish, while carers are also welcoming to visiting loved ones.

Group: Brookvale Healthcare

Person in charge: Debbie Mills (Registered Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Detention Under Mental Health Act • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Admission Information: Over 55.

Facilities & Services: Day Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Ranvilles Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Ranvilles Nursing Home

January 2013

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.2 for Ranvilles Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Unfortunately as we were not able to visit our son due to age, disability and distance from Fareham, we cannot give first hand comments. However our grandson, who visited their father regularly, never made any adverse remarks and only assured us that our son was well cared for in ever respect.

Submitted by Marian B (Mother of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 20 November 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

I am completely satisfied with Ranvilles Nursing Home. I feel my mother is being very well looked after and the staff are very friendly and treat her well.

Submitted by Maureen T (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 14 November 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Since mum has been at Ranvilles I feel happy that she is well treated, fed well, has kept her dignity. The staff and management are caring, they keep the family informed of any issues. I have peace of mind that the staff can manage my mother's condition. The food is excellent - a home from home. Mum was in another home before Ranvilles which I was not impressed with.

Submitted by Sonya Setterfield (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 14 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

My father has been a resident for over 2 years and I am completely satisfied with the care and attention he has received. As a healthcare professional myself I understand the challenging nature of dementia care and feel that Ranvilles has done its utmost to maintain privacy and dignity whilst in difficult circumstances.

Submitted by Julie Sprack (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 13 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

A very caring service given to all residents. Staff are available to family members for help and advice and always with a smile. Family are kept up to date with residents needs via phone or email.

Submitted by John M (Son of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 11 November 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

My Thoughts on Ranvilles
Ranvilles is a lovely home, its a pleasure to be in. Ranvilles is in a lovely old house . The d├ęcor is very pleasing to the eye. The staff are lovely and always say hello when you arrive and chat to you and tell me what my ma has been up to. Nothing is too much bother for them. My ma has quite challenging behaviour and the staff are great with her and very patient and understanding. The food is always well presented and looks delicious they even make their own ice cream. In fact my mum loves Ranvilles and has settled down very well. She was in hospital for a long time but says Ranvilles, is much better than hospital. All staff always greet my ma in the lounge area and she loves it. I was very apprehensive about her moving from hospital to the home but all the staff are so caring. The nurses even helped her pressure areas on her heel to heal completely. The manager is brilliant and has helped me understand my mum better. My ma always looks smart and well presented nice laundry service too. The staff are even great with my old dad when he visits. Thank you so much to everyone at Ranvilles.

How likely would you be to recommend Ranvilles Nursing Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Stephanie Hardy (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Friday 7 November 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

My father was there after he came out of hospital and the care that he received was very good they made his last few months very comfortable, I knew he was being looked after well and they always called me if there was a problem.

Submitted by Sue Moon (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 5 November 2014. Review relates to October 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

My husband was there for 3 1/2 years. I visited him at least 3 times a week. Very caring, the staff manager became a friend. She helps me a lot especially when I lost my husband. I have no family, I visit the home once a week still and have become friends with a lady resident. I had great support from the manager especially at the death of my husband. He was very contented there and I cannot praise them enough for all the work they all do.

Submitted by Joyce C (Widow / Widower) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Good care starts from the top down and involves everyone. The manager here has a firm grip on everything. There are always enough staff. The place is constantly cleaned. The staff genuinely care for the residents and respond to their needs in timely fashion. All staff know the residents by name and speak to them like old friends. The manager makes herself visible at all times to visitors to address any updates or concerns.

Submitted by Jacqueline Hindson (Sister of resident) on Thursday 21 August 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Ranvilles was chosen by my adult daughter and I, after extensive searching and visits to care homes. My dementia suffering husband has been in their care for 4 years. From regular visits to my husband, we can say that the staff are wonderful with great understanding and treatment of dementia sufferers. They try so with activities, but dementia suffers do not respond too well.

Submitted by Sheila R (Wife of resident) on Wednesday 30 July 2014.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

The personal were extremely caring and professional. The facilities were very good and the standard of food was reasonable for a care home. The resident seemed very happy and content with the service they were given.

Submitted by Johnaton Smith (Visitor) on Wednesday 22 May 2013.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

My sister has been at Ranvilles for the past three years and we have found the staff caring and supportive to all her needs. Meals are really good and her dignity is maintained at all times. She appears happy and fully content with her carers and responds favourably with her limited ability due to her condition. As a family we are extremely happy with the home and all it offers. She is content and settled and we are happy that she is cared for to a high standard.

Submitted by Susan Sharples (sister of resident) on Tuesday 21 May 2013.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Ranvilles is a breath of fresh air. It is always well staffed. They cater to the independant requirements of all and work hard to treat all with kindness and respect but also a friendliness that reassures people like my sister. Everyone is brought together into a bright and airy lounge for a feeling of community. The whole house including the rooms are decorated to a high standard, nothing is left to decline. The nursing care is excellent too. One of the nurses picking up very quickly on a condition that was affecting my sister within a very short time of her arrival. This prompt diagnosis saved her life. The manager and office staff play their full part and can often be found communicating with and reassuring residents. They provide an excellent range and variety of food and drink including cakes and biscuits as well as a varied diet. I am so relieved that my sister is in this home.

Submitted by J HINDSON (Sister of resident) on Monday 22 April 2013.

Review of Ranvilles Nursing Home

Having turned up to view the nursing home without making an appointment I was made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble, I was made to feel very welcome and shown round with every question answered, my husband has been a resident now for eight months and I'm very happy with the way they take care of him. He is always clean and tidy and if I have any worries the staff are always ready to put my mind at ease.

Submitted by Beryl Lee (Wife of resident) on Wednesday 17 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Ranvilles Nursing Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Ranvilles Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ranvilles Nursing Home