Solent Cliffs Nursing Home, Fareham, Hampshire

Solent Cliffs Care Home is a versatile facility based midway between Southampton and Fareham, playing an important part in the local area's healthcare provision.

The home's services are ideal for the care needs of older people, as well as respite and adults with a physical disability.

At Solent Cliffs every individual receives a personal care plan and 24/7 access to carers, while all professional are well-versed on safety plans.

New refurbishments have gained five rooms looking onto the Isle of Wight/ Solent.

Group: Brookvale Healthcare

Person in charge: Helen Davison (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 40 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Slovak, Swahili, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Solent Cliffs Nursing Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Solent Cliffs Nursing Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.419 is made up of 4.669 Points relating to the ratings and 4.75 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My father was in Solent Cliffs for end of life care from May to November 2015. I would like to thank them for the care provided to my father which was compassionate, efficient and dignified. They also supported my mother and myself through this difficult time - nothing was too much trouble. all the staff were helpful and caring.

At all times my husband was treated with dignity and compassion. I can't find anything to complain about. I've sincere appreciation for the care he always had.

Mum was transferred to Solent Cliffs from hospital on 6th August 2015, with two broken legs as she had to be non-weight bearing. The home manager, was very welcoming and supportive of mum right from our first visit to assess the home. 99% of all the staff are very helpful and caring. The meals are excellent, with a good selection provided. A cup of tea and biscuits are available at any time for residents or even their visitors if they would like one. The home is run with a real family atmosphere.

How likely would you be to recommend Solent Cliffs Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Mum sadly suffered a series of mini strokes and is unable to live independently any more. We chose this nursing home on recommendation by a family friend. Although unhappy at the thought of living in a nursing home, she is showing signs of settling in nicely. The staff are wonderful and can't do enough to help. As family it is good not to have to worry about her safety and well-being. We would happily recommend this facility.

At times I have had some very good laughs with the staff. They care for me extremely well and have made me feel at home. My health has improved since I have been here and I am very grateful to the staff for all their hard work.

The staff at Queensmead, are so so caring and attentive to all their clients and families. Nothing is too much for them, I don't have to worry about my fathers well-being, which helps to enjoy being there with him. The food is excellent, in that they have a varied choice and good portions. Also it's very clean, it feels like home from home in some ways. Excellent!

Mother enjoys carers attention and is well looked after. Activities are varied and she is comfortable with all the care. Good communication with with care team and manager. Food is high quality. Her needs are well met. Lovely surroundings too. Medication all be correct, outstanding care team.

Good - Excellent.

I admire very much the dedication and patience of the staff, despite the provocation and difficulties in dealing with people who are new, unfortunately unable to conduct themselves in a manner they'd previously have displayed and been happy with. It requires a very special person to enter this area of work.

I came here from another home in Southampton where I had been for two years. I was very satisfied with the home, the care I received, cleanliness and food. Overall very, very good. I am now at Solent Cliffs (I needed to transfer due to nursing needs) my son recommended Solent Cliffs and I receive the same quality of care here, overall I am happy here.

Solent Cliffs Nursing Home

Rosemarie Jennings has been a resident of Solent Cliffs since 19th January 2012, from QA Hospital after fall suffering subdural haematoma. Nursing care has been very good for my mother. Personal care sometimes due to staff shortage at short notice has been up and down. always addressed when bought to staff attention. Activities much improved this year. Food has been an issue but also been addressed and this year much improved. Mother's dementia now being managed, seems very settled most of the time. I visit daily.

This is a lovely home the staff are friendly and efficient. I am well cared for and feel like this is my home now.

I feel this is a nice place to be. I am happy with my care that I received. I enjoy being in the home. Staff are lovely the room is nice and food is lovely.

Like most things in this world nothing is perfect, on the whole care and conditions at Solent Cliffs have been very good. The staff have a very difficult job looking after Roger, it is his condition and not anything to do with his care. The staff do a great job. Meals have been excellent until recently, when agency staff were employed, this has been put right. The laundry and cleaning staff do a very good job. Roger's room is kept very clean, although it could do with a new carpet and a coat of paint.

How likely would you be to recommend Solent Cliffs Nursing Home? Don't know

I love it here the staff are lovely, this is my home.

Submit a Review for Solent Cliffs Nursing Home

RMN

Negotiable (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Fareham, Hampshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Solent Cliffs Nursing Home