Steep House Nursing Home, Petersfield, Hampshire
Steep House Nursing Home
Steep House Nursing Home

Steep House Nursing Home is set in beautiful grounds on the outskirts of Petersfield Town Centre. Owners believe that they have a homely environment where everyone is welcome. The priority is the welfare and happiness of residents and staff.

Professionals pride themselves on providing the best possible care in a friendly and homely atmosphere. The Home has been carefully equipped throughout to meet the special needs of all residents and to provide a safe and comfortable environment. The Home has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with family visits welcomed at any time. Refreshments are available for visitors at all times and arrangements can be made for residents to eat their meals with their guests in private.

Steep House offers the choice of single or double bedrooms depending on the availability. Each room is decorated and furnished to a high standard. Care workers encourage residents to bring their personal possessions to personalise their rooms and make them feel even more at home.

The home can cater for both long and short-term stays, provide nursing care and Dementia care. Regular respite care can be arranged as often as you wish.

Group: LRH - Homes

Person in charge: Michelle Shann (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £700 – £850 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £600 – £750

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Steep House Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Steep House Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Steep House Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Steep House Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Wednesday 16 July 2014 by Patricia Cannings (Daughter od Resident)

My mother has been at Steep House for 12 months now, she is very happy and content and as her daughter I think she is well looked after in every way.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Tuesday 15 July 2014 by Keith D (Son of Resident)

My mother has been a resident for about four years. I have no hesitation in giving the home the highest possible recommendation on all aspects.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Wednesday 23 April 2014 by Janet Hodgson (Resident)

As the gentleman who has just moved in a friend, I was very impressed with how we were first greeted friendly/professional how our friend has an open bright bedroom, we met staff who had just supported our friend with his personal care. I was very impressed that our friend had had a shave. Lunch was served boor or wine on the table. Thank you everyone.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Monday 7 April 2014 by Rosemary Hale (Sister of resident)

We are always made to feel welcome on our visits to the home - our relative seems very happy and well. All the staff are very helpful.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Wednesday 2 April 2014 by Neil Roderick (Visitor)

I am very impressed by the overall standard of care produced by the staff. I believe that all staff always treat residents with utmost dignity and respect. I am always made to feel welcome and part of the 'team' despite not being there on a daily basis.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Monday 31 March 2014 by Liz Simpson (Friend of service user)

A very warm welcome from staff. A great home feeling very friendly. All staff warm and friendly. Service user seems happy.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Friday 21 February 2014 by Denise B (Niece of Resident)

The car staff and nursing staff are brilliant at their jobs. the management are always available to speak to, food and catering are very good. Cant fault the level of care at Steep House in any way.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Friday 14 February 2014 by Megan McGuire (Relative of Care Home Resident)

Steep House and all the staff are just wonderful. My father is well taken care of, the atmosphere and the meals are great - you should see the "fifties style" Diner and the "forties style" lounge. My father has been in other care homes for respite before we found Steep and all we did was worry. It is not possible to get in every day, but the peace of mind we have knowing that he is taken care of, just can't be beaten and makes us more relaxed when we do get to visit. As a relative, you are treated with respect, always asked if you would like a cup of tea, everyone has a smile and the afternoon tea and cake is scrumptious. There is such a welcoming atmosphere, from when you first step in the door, the rooms are spacious, the staff are jolly - and we all know that it is not an easy job to do. If there are any problems, the staff and management are always available to talk to you and things do get sorted. I can enjoy the time with my father as his daughter and that means the world. Would I recommend it - totally, as a family would we recommend it - completely and trust me, we are a difficult family to please.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Friday 7 February 2014 by DB (Resident relative)

Excellent nursing & caring staff. Good friendly environment. Everyone is treated with respect and dignity. I would highly recommend this home to anyone who wishes to move into a home. I am sure there won't be any disappointment.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Monday 13 January 2014 by Janet Carr (Wife of resident)

Very friendly and excellent caring, my husband has been very happy for 3 years here.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Monday 13 January 2014 by John Hickman (Husband of resident)

Steep House is a very nice nursing home, the staff are all very caring and look after the patients very well. The management is very good and will do anything for you.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Tuesday 17 December 2013 by S M (relative)

I visit steep house often to see my uncle- the care is outstanding and I was so pleased to be able to find a home that he is so obviously happy in. I really feel at home as they portray such a family atmosphere. I would, and I have recommended Steep House to anyone who needs care.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Wednesday 11 December 2013 by J L (Daughter of resident)

The staff are very helpful and friendly. I like the completely open door policy and the fact that visiting hours are very flexible. Steep has a very relaxed and positive atmosphere and I can see the residents are treated with respect. It's a happy place to be.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Wednesday 20 November 2013 by Greg C (Son of resident)

The home is run like an extended family home where one always feels welcome. The carers seem to take great care of the residents they are helping. I looked at several homes before deciding to move my mum here and me (and my brother) were very impressed. I would gladly recommend this particular home to any of my friends looking for somewhere offering very good care.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Monday 21 October 2013 by susan pellett (family member of care home resident)

I cannot thank Steep Nursing home enough for the care and support that has been given to my father in law and his immediate family. although Bob was not at the home for very long his final days were relaxed and he ended his life with dignity and total care.

Review of Steep House Nursing Home on Friday 16 August 2013 by Flavia Diana Smurthwaite (Regular care home visitor)

Before I retired, I had experience of a number of care homes and this care home, in my opinion, is second to none. The staff are friendly, welcoming and caring, the environment clean, homely and pleasant and I have nothing but praise for this nursing home. Everything is done to make the residents feel at home, including innovations and ideas such as a 1950's dining room and lounge. I recommend this to anybody who has to make the decision to move to a home.

Submit a Recommendation for Steep House Nursing Home

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Steep House Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Steep House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Steep House Nursing Home