Steep House Nursing Home, Petersfield, Hampshire

Steep House Nursing Home is set in beautiful grounds on the outskirts of Petersfield Town Centre. Owners believe that they have a homely environment where everyone is welcome. The priority is the welfare and happiness of residents and staff.

Professionals pride themselves on providing the best possible care in a friendly and homely atmosphere. The Home has been carefully equipped throughout to meet the special needs of all residents and to provide a safe and comfortable environment. The Home has a relaxed, friendly atmosphere with family visits welcomed at any time. Refreshments are available for visitors at all times and arrangements can be made for residents to eat their meals with their guests in private.

Steep House offers the choice of single or double bedrooms depending on the availability. Each room is decorated and furnished to a high standard. Care workers encourage residents to bring their personal possessions to personalise their rooms and make them feel even more at home.

The home can cater for both long and short-term stays, provide nursing care and Dementia care. Regular respite care can be arranged as often as you wish.

Group: LRH - Homes

Person in charge: Lijo Renji (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hampshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £700 – £850 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £600 – £750

Facilities & Services: Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Steep House Nursing Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.3 for Steep House Nursing Home is based on 16 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.289 is made up of 4.773 Points relating to the ratings and 4.516 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My wife has been resident in Steep House since September 2014. I am a frequent visitor there. I consider the care she is given is outstanding. I sense the staff have genuine concern for the well being of residents. My wife is clearly treated with dignity understanding and patience as an individual person with her own particular needs and personality. I find the atmosphere (both literally and metaphorically)) pleasant and welcoming and the staff are remarkably good humoured and cheerful. I have confidence in their work together as a team, cleaners, carers, office staff and manager alike. I am fortunate in having peace of mind that my wife is being well treated there.

How likely would you be to recommend Steep House Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My husband was at Steep House for 2 years and 3 months during that time to his demise on the 3rd of January 2016. He had known such kindness, professionalism, care, food and general welfare.
Steep House is exceptional from the kitchen to the manager. The staff support the home with an excellent manner and cannot be faulted. My husband was so well cared for, I thoroughly recommend this home and wish I could do or say more to extol it.

How likely would you be to recommend Steep House Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother was resident from February 2014 to mid February 2015 when she passed away. Her care at Steep House was very good - staff were kind, caring and attentive. Mum had a lovely room - spacious and well equipped with a lovely view to the trees where wildlife abounded. Mum joined in many of the activities on offer and her needs were well catered for. The family were so pleased that mum's final year was spent at Steep House where she found a high level of care and good companionship.

Staff are very kind and caring, although a few are difficult to understand. However they have made my mother feel safe and contented which I never managed. There is an enthusiasm to provide a better life for the residents.

From my first contact with Steep House I found them very friendly and welcoming, a lovely homely feel to the place. Activities have improved steadily in the 2 years my mother has been there and the staff are always attending residents' needs. Management and nurses are all equally approachable and always give me time.

My mother has been in Steep House for over 3 years and she is happy and settled there thanks to the excellent staff. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming and happy. There is a family feel about it. all the staff interact well with the residents and I have seen nothing but kindness there. The food is good and the cleanliness excellent.

My husband is a resident at Steep House and I couldn't wish for him to be anywhere better. The care they receive is excellent as are the facilities. The staff spend a lot of time with the residents engaging them in all different activities while treating them with dignity.

Steep House is an oasis of care and consideration. All the staff from the manager, senior nurse/matron, Dixon his team, the kitchen, maintenance, cleaning division, housekeeping, the all important carers, the entertainment staff, all are equal in their attitude. It's a good happy home and deserves 5 stars or Excellent in all things. I totally recommend.

My mother has been at Steep House for 12 months now, she is very happy and content and as her daughter I think she is well looked after in every way.

My mother has been a resident for about four years. I have no hesitation in giving the home the highest possible recommendation on all aspects.

As the gentleman who has just moved in a friend, I was very impressed with how we were first greeted friendly/professional how our friend has an open bright bedroom, we met staff who had just supported our friend with his personal care. I was very impressed that our friend had had a shave. Lunch was served boor or wine on the table.
Thank you everyone.

We are always made to feel welcome on our visits to the home - our relative seems very happy and well. All the staff are very helpful.

I am very impressed by the overall standard of care produced by the staff. I believe that all staff always treat residents with utmost dignity and respect. I am always made to feel welcome and part of the 'team' despite not being there on a daily basis.

A very warm welcome from staff. A great home feeling very friendly. All staff warm and friendly. Service user seems happy.

The car staff and nursing staff are brilliant at their jobs. the management are always available to speak to, food and catering are very good. Cant fault the level of care at Steep House in any way.

Steep House and all the staff are just wonderful. My father is well taken care of, the atmosphere and the meals are great - you should see the "fifties style" Diner and the "forties style" lounge.

My father has been in other care homes for respite before we found Steep and all we did was worry. It is not possible to get in every day, but the peace of mind we have knowing that he is taken care of, just can't be beaten and makes us more relaxed when we do get to visit.

As a relative, you are treated with respect, always asked if you would like a cup of tea, everyone has a smile and the afternoon tea and cake is scrumptious.

There is such a welcoming atmosphere, from when you first step in the door, the rooms are spacious, the staff are jolly - and we all know that it is not an easy job to do. If there are any problems, the staff and management are always available to talk to you and things do get sorted. I can enjoy the time with my father as his daughter and that means the world.

Would I recommend it - totally, as a family would we recommend it - completely and trust me, we are a difficult family to please.

Submit a Review for Steep House Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Steep House Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Steep House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Steep House Nursing Home