Bluebell Nursing Home, Southsea, Hampshire

Bluebell Nursing Home, in Southsea, provides a skilled and experienced approach to dementia care while also being an ideal environment for adults with mobility issues.

Person-centred care and nursing plans are established in order to safeguard is resident's needs and have a positive impact upon their daily lives.

Health, safety and nutrition are also prioritised, while the service believes in respecting clients' privacy.

Owner: Bluebell Care Home Hants Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna Doe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Portsmouth City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 150.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Bluebell Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.8 for Bluebell Nursing Home) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Bluebell Nursing Home

Since arriving at the Bluebell Nursing Home my mother has put on weight and really enjoys the food. She has been stimulated mentally by the various regular activities and she has become more communicative. She is a dementia sufferer and sometimes it is hard to make conversation with her. At the open day in June, in her own words, she told me that 'there is always something nice happening here' and' they look after me well here'. From what we have seen at visiting times the carers are patient with her, feed her and are always talking to her. She blows kisses to the staff and management alike. It is a great relief to the family to know mum is being well cared for in a safe, happy and friendly environment.

Bluebell Nursing Home

My mother is 92, she lived with my sister for 37 years, last year my mother lost the use of her legs and she has to be hoisted at all times. My sister's house is too small, so we had to look for a nursing home, it broke out hearts. The Bluebell Nursing Home was the best. Mum has got 6 daughters and 1 son, so everyday one of us are with her. We can visit any time, day or night. The overall standard of care and support is excellent. Fresh food every day and Dizzy, the activities coordinator is wonderful, different things going on singing, dancing, bingo, also a small cinema. Our family is very satisfied with the care. We can sleep at night knowing she is well looked after. Thank you management and staff for everything.

Bluebell Nursing Home

This is one of the best care homes I know. I volunteer to talk to residents & also take my little dog to their rooms, every room is spotlessly clean & so is the bedding. Food is good and plenty of it. The staff make sure the resident has what they need. Nothing it too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Likely

Bluebell Nursing Home

Since 2012 my mother has been in the Bluebell Nursing Home and received the upmost care and respect , there is always a carer, nurse or management to chat to if things get tough on my part and they do as much as possible to re-assure me, Bluebell is or has become like an extended family with lots of events for not only the residents but for relatives to take part in. I truly cannot find fault and never had reason to make any concerns. My mother wouldn't be here if there was.

Bluebell Nursing Home

The Bluebell Nursing Home is excellent and well maintained, with high standards of cleanliness the staff genuinely care about the residents and their specific needs. The Food is extremely good and nutritional and they organise lots of interesting visits from guests and activities to keep residents occupied. My father has been at the Bluebell just over a year and we all feel that he is in the best place possible for his needs and that he is well looked after. :)

Bluebell Nursing Home

My mother has been a resident of this nursing home for 3.5 years and I am completely satisfied with her care. The nursing and caring staff are professional, attentive and friendly. The home cooked food is well balanced, mad with fresh ingredients. Bedrooms are spacious and well maintained. There is also a lovely common lounge, where Dizzy arranges a large range of entertainment and themed days. There is a lovely garden for resident and visitors. I completely trust the wonderful people at Bluebell to look after my precious mother. The manager/owner, Ian Smith works very hard ensuring things run smoothly. Well done team "Bluebell"

Bluebell Nursing Home

I can't recommend this care home highly enough. The attention and care my mother receives is second to none, very caring staff. the food is excellent, lovely and clean and fresh. My mother's room looks out over the garden and an aviary, lots of interesting things to do. The lady Dizzy who does the creativity stuff is very ingenious. So glad I chose this one over many O looked at. Well done Bluebell.

Submit a Review for Bluebell Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Bluebell Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bluebell Nursing Home