Bluebell Nursing Home

45/53 St Ronan's Road, Southsea PO4 0PP

Bluebell Nursing Home, Southsea, Hampshire

Bluebell Nursing Home, in Southsea, provides a skilled and experienced approach to dementia care while also being an ideal environment for adults with mobility issues.

Person-centred care and nursing plans are established in order to safeguard each resident's needs and have a positive impact upon their daily lives.

Health, safety and nutrition are also prioritised, while the service believes in respecting clients' privacy.

Owner: Bluebell Care Home Hants Ltd

Person in charge: Joanna Doe (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Portsmouth City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Ages from 65 to 150.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Bluebell Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.2 (maximum of 10) for Bluebell Nursing Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.249 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.809 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.44 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.249 for Bluebell Nursing Home is based on 11 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.809 for Bluebell Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (106 Excellents x 5) + (25 Goods x 4) ) ÷ 131 Ratings = 4.809

The Quantity Score of 4.44 for Bluebell Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

My brother is well cared for and is as content, secure and happy as it is possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Bluebell Nursing Home is a blessing in every way to my mother, who is 92 and has dementia and other physical conditions. She moved to Bluebell Nursing Home in November 2015 after 3 emergency admissions to hospital in the previous 3 months, I had stayed with her to look after her after each admission. She was frail in every way and could not walk unaided. She was assisted with her mobility and has had a carer accompany her as necessary, and also keep an eye on her at night when she wandered or became agitated day or night. She settled at the Bluebell very well and her appetite, mobility and general health have improved. She finds all the staff are kind, friendly and helpful and all the staff are also welcoming and helpful to me and all other visitors.

I always say to everyone that the Bluebell Nursing Home is a blessing and recommend it has a wonderful standard of care, an uplifting atmosphere and brilliant activities. I am grateful to have found such a wonderful place in her area .

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My husband was cared for by the Bluebell for two years. His physical and mental health was poor but the staff worked hard and thoughtfully to make him as happy and comfortable as possible. He was confined to bed and needed bed sore treatment which was successful. The nursing care was excellent and gave me constant reassurance.
The staff are well trained and supervised well.
The chef adapted and catered to his limited appetite.
He did not wish to be included in entertainment offered but enjoyed his birthday cakes, help with the TV and music choice. This enabled carers and the entertainment manager, to have some conversation and share interests.
The home has a high standard of decoration, the building is well maintained.
I was always made welcome and given comfort and reassurance. I felt most problems were sorted out as quickly as possible.
I will always be grateful for the friendship and care given to my husband and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Bluebell Nursing Home has provided care, dignity, respect, and support to my mother since 2012. There is never a time to cause for concern. Meals mare of an excellent standard, 3 courses 3 times a day. Although mum is assisted the staff show care and patience. Bluebell is as caring to myself, providing support when I feel times are tough but at the end of the day, Bluebell is like a family to me now and I appreciate all they do.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I feel that my brother is safe and cared for well at The Bluebell nursing home. He has been a resident there for three years to date and the staff know him and his needs very well. He has been given a very good suite of rooms and comfortable conditions. I find form the regular nursing RGNs at The Blubell that he is watched over carefully and conditions are in his best interest.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Likely

Since arriving at the Bluebell Nursing Home my mother has put on weight and really enjoys the food. She has been stimulated mentally by the various regular activities and she has become more communicative. She is a dementia sufferer and sometimes it is hard to make conversation with her. At the open day in June, in her own words, she told me that 'there is always something nice happening here' and' they look after me well here'. From what we have seen at visiting times the carers are patient with her, feed her and are always talking to her. She blows kisses to the staff and management alike. It is a great relief to the family to know mum is being well cared for in a safe, happy and friendly environment.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother is 92, she lived with my sister for 37 years, last year my mother lost the use of her legs and she has to be hoisted at all times. My sister's house is too small, so we had to look for a nursing home, it broke out hearts. The Bluebell Nursing Home was the best. Mum has got 6 daughters and 1 son, so everyday one of us are with her. We can visit any time, day or night. The overall standard of care and support is excellent. Fresh food every day and Dizzy, the activities coordinator is wonderful, different things going on singing, dancing, bingo, also a small cinema. Our family is very satisfied with the care. We can sleep at night knowing she is well looked after. Thank you management and staff for everything.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

This is one of the best care homes I know. I volunteer to talk to residents & also take my little dog to their rooms, every room is spotlessly clean & so is the bedding. Food is good and plenty of it. The staff make sure the resident has what they need. Nothing it too much trouble.

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Likely

The Bluebell Nursing Home is excellent and well maintained, with high standards of cleanliness the staff genuinely care about the residents and their specific needs. The Food is extremely good and nutritional and they organise lots of interesting visits from guests and activities to keep residents occupied.

My father has been at the Bluebell just over a year and we all feel that he is in the best place possible for his needs and that he is well looked after. :)

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident of this nursing home for 3.5 years and I am completely satisfied with her care. The nursing and caring staff are professional, attentive and friendly.
The home cooked food is well balanced, mad with fresh ingredients. Bedrooms are spacious and well maintained.
There is also a lovely common lounge, where Dizzy arranges a large range of entertainment and themed days. There is a lovely garden for resident and visitors.
I completely trust the wonderful people at Bluebell to look after my precious mother.
The manager/owner, Ian Smith works very hard ensuring things run smoothly. Well done team "Bluebell"

How likely would you be to recommend Bluebell Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I can't recommend this care home highly enough. The attention and care my mother receives is second to none, very caring staff. the food is excellent, lovely and clean and fresh. My mother's room looks out over the garden and an aviary, lots of interesting things to do. The lady Dizzy who does the creativity stuff is very ingenious. So glad I chose this one over many O looked at. Well done Bluebell.

Submit a Review for Bluebell Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Bluebell Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bluebell Nursing Home