Northlands House Care Home, Southampton, Hampshire

Northlands House provides care for all levels of needs, from long term nursing care to respite. Well trained staff are also skilled in convalescence and palliative care, together with support for people with Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.

The home has all the modern facilities needed, including a 24 hour call system, to ensure that residents can feel safe and happy. The garden is a large part of the home, with many bedrooms boasting great views.

Pride and hard work from the chef makes sure that mealtimes are always special for residents.

There are many daily events for residents to get involved with, from puzzles, sing-a-longs, film shows or performances by local entertainers.

Person in charge: Helen Cousins (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 101 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Northlands House Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.9 for Northlands House Care Home is based on 13 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.896 is made up of 4.639 Points relating to the ratings and 4.257 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My father was admitted to Northlands recently. I was upset that he would not be returning home, but seeing the building, I was reassured it is very well-situated, near the city centre, but in a quiet street.
The room has a private en-suite bathroom and looks more like a hotel room. The staff took the trouble to install an extra-long bed as my father is very tall. There is also a good choice of food, and regular drinks are also provided.
Staff are very pleasant and friendly, and will always chat to dad whenever they see him. There are activities each day, but residents are not forced to take part: their wishes are respected. There are also other facilities available. Such as hairdressing and chiropody visits.

How likely would you be to recommend Northlands House Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

I've had a marvellous experience for my respite stay and in a sense I am sad to go, as the staff have been so good to me. I would highly recommend Northlands if you need a care home. First class facilities.

I find this a fantastic environment here - it hits you directly when you come in the front door. You are made to feel welcome and that is very important to me. I really like it that the receptionist and the customer adviser take the time to talk to me. Everybody I've met here are very caring and want to be personally involved with me. My wife has now settled very well in the home.

I have found the food excellent on the whole and you only need to ask if you want to eat something different and the staff oblige. I have been here about a year and it was a huge adjustment for me at first. The staff and the care are excellent. I enjoy scooting around the building and gardens whenever I want to.

I find it very nice here and the staff listen to you. I have lived in Northlands House for several years. I enjoy the activities here. I feel respected by the staff here. I have no complaints.

How likely would you be to recommend Northlands House Care Home? Likely

Very good and lovely and clean. Food is good and there is always a choice. I have made friends here through all the activities offered. I have been here for 9 years now and really like the home. I can't fault it.

Management: Poor

I have been here since May 2015 and I have to say that I have found everything here very satisfactory. Lovely big room. The staff go beyond the extra mile to make sure I have everything I need. I enjoyed the lovely, well-kept gardens in the summer. Several visiting friends have told me that if they have to come into a care home, they would want to come here.

The care given to my mum is excellent in every way.

How likely would you be to recommend Northlands House Care Home? Likely

All went very easy at a difficult time. All managers and staff very understanding pre mum going into home. Cannot recommend Northlands highly enough.

I have found everyone who you come into contact when visiting polite and helpful. The home is very clean and smells lovely. My gran is always clean, tidy and comfortable. All in all everything is excellent. It is easy to keep in contact by phone or e-mail.

Father in law arrive in late November 2014. It was not an easy settling in period for him. However after about two weeks he adjusted and now has become relaxed and comfortable with his situation. He takes part willingly in the social life of the home. Throughout the staff have been patient and kind and ever willing to solve any problems that have arisen for him. They have greatly helped to make a potentially difficult time pass with comfort and ease. I would have no qualms if I had to stay at Northlands House.

My father came to Northlands House following a long stay in hospital and was unable to return home. He is 96 and after a week or two he has settled there with the help of the caring friendly staff. He has some of his own belongings around him in a very well appointed room with en-suite wet room. He is very well looked after a enjoys having regular meals served to him either in his room or in the dining room with the other residents. He now has an electric wheelchair and is able to get around the house and gardens independently. As a family we are really happy with Northlands House and are always receive a warm welcome and a cuppa from staff.

Submit a Review for Northlands House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Northlands House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Northlands House Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Northlands House Care Home