Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton), Bassett, Southampton, Hampshire
Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)
Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Tel: 023 8098 7849

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): Serving Southampton, Winchester, Eastleigh, the New Forest and The Isle of Wight plus the wider area of South Hampshire, Sunrise of Bassett is just 5 minutes from both the M27 and M3, making it ideal for visiting family and friends. Southampton Airport is a short journey of just 10 minutes by car. Local shops and West Quay Shopping Centre are nearby, as is the New Forest. This purpose-built home for the elderly incorporates the very latest thinking on care home design. Professionals provide a range of senior care, dementia and nursing services, all customised to the needs of each individual resident. Communal facilities include beautifully landscaped grounds with areas for relaxation and contemplation, as well as extensive living and reception areas. Residents, family and friends can also enjoy nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared food and restaurant style dining, whilst suites all possess en suite bathrooms and food preparation areas.

Owner: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Tim Dutson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 93 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

(Call 023 8098 7849 for details of vacancies in both our dementia care and assisted living neighbourhoods.)
posted 22 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Wednesday 8 January 2014 by Pierre M (Husband of resident)

I find the staff and management very friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone has a smile to offer. The home and grounds are beautifully appointed with fresh flowers and a warm atmosphere. My wife, who has dementia has lived there for 2 years and I would recommend it anybody.

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Monday 21 October 2013 by Audrey Hague (Resident)

I have not resided in any other care home, coming here following bereavement.

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Wednesday 16 October 2013 by Martyn H (Son of resident)

My mother has been at Sunrise now for just under a month. When she arrived she was in a state of depression. The staff at Sunrise have been outstanding in their care for her right from the first hour. They are doing their best to get her settled and joining in with appropriate activities.

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Monday 29 July 2013 by F. F (Daughter of Resident)

My mother moved into Sunrise in September 2011. She chose Sunrise because of the ambiance and the large number of activities offered. She was well cared for and enjoyed several of the activities and regular outings, despite missing her home and independence. At the beginning of April 2013 she fell ill and died 8 weeks later. The care she received during her illness was outstanding. She was cared for both professionally and lovingly during the day and night. She was treated with dignity and gentleness right up until the end. I was also cared for.

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Tuesday 23 July 2013 by Lara McAneny (Granddaughter)

I would like to share my story of how we were blessed to find Sunrise Senior Living of Bassett in Southampton, where my Nana now resides. First and foremost, I highly recommend this facility as they provide a loving, nurturing attitude towards their residents, attempt to keep everyone involved and entertained with daily activities which vary each day and the ambiance is more like an elegant hotel with a concierge, parlor, bistro, hair salon, gardens, patio, and restaurant. Nana was released from hospital to a Nursing Home a few days before our arrival from the States. As soon as we landed, my husband drove us to visit Nana in her new home. We recognized immediately that she was not happy in her current placement. Nana asked us to look into a senior living facility called Sunrise. Josh and I called Thursday and scheduled an appointment with the General Manager, Tim Dutson. He was able to meet with us that afternoon! This was a true blessing. Tim was compassionate and understanding; he listened to our needs and proceeded to explain the underlying philosophy of Sunrise. He was honest and upfront with respect to the costs associated with care and living expenses. There were no hidden fees; everything was presented in a candid and organized fashion and Tim displayed a true willingness to help us with our Nana. He was not pushy, but clearly took pride in his job and was genuinely proud of the residents and staff at Sunrise. After the tour commenced, my husband and I knew this was the place for Nana. Warm and loving faces are all around from Julie at the concierge, to the wait staff in the dining room, to the head nurse, Jasper. We asked if there was any way Nana could be assessed by the Registered Manager, Rebecca Beer, as soon as possible to begin the process of moving her into her new home. That evening, Tim arranged with Rebecca to visit our Nana at her current placement. Rebecca was truly lovely and kind. Nana remarked to us how Rebecca seemed to really care about her, rather than just completing the duties of her job. We were all in agreement that Nana could start her new home at Sunrise on Monday. Although this was amazing news, I knew I had to depart for the States on Sunday, and I could not imagine leaving Nana in her current situation. I placed a call to Sunrise and spoke with Marieke Meijor, the Director of Community Relations, who I was meeting with that afternoon, Friday, to sign contracts and complete paperwork. Although a long shot, I asked her if there was any way we could move Nana in to her room the next day, Saturday, before I left on Sunday. When I arrived at Sunrise for our meeting, Marieke gave me the best news to date, that Nana could move tomorrow morning. I panicked about readying the room for her arrival and Marieke assured me that I could come in as late or as early as needed to set up her personal belongings. She also called me later that evening, leaving her cell phone number in case I needed anything. Additionally, their head maintenance man, Colin, worked overtime to prepare Nana’s room with a motorized bed, beautiful furniture, a personal telephone, and he hung charming pictures on the wall. My husband and I moved over personal belongings from her flat Friday evening until about 10:00 PM. Throughout this time, the staff were always around to offer their help and assistance. We were also able to witness firsthand the other residents, who were content and happy. One woman was getting her nails done while sitting in the Bistro, another was sitting peacefully in the parlor reading the paper. A lovely gentleman was watching us go up and down with bags, a smile on his face, and you could tell he was happy. In the lift two separate women told us that they were sure my Nana would be very happy here and that they too enjoyed Sunrise. A recurrent comment was that the staff is kind hearted and always willing to help. This became even more evident the next morning when Nana arrived to Sunrise. As we wheeled her in they had a table waiting for us to serve a lovely breakfast. Their menu changes every day for each meal and it comparable to a 5 star hotel restaurant. Nana was so overwhelmed with joy. We later gave her a tour, showing her the beautiful gardens and the hair salon. Nana was also quite pleased at the array of activities offered each day, in fact, Saturday afternoon, there was a talented pianist playing in the main hall as many residents gathered to listen around the piano, in the bistro, in the parlor, or from the hall above. I left England with a tranquil peace and solitude in the knowledge that Nana is safe and happy in an elegant environment surrounded by well-intentioned people who truly care about making a difference in the lives of others. As Nana makes her final life transition into the Sunset, I thank Sunrise, as they have lifted all our spirits. Blessed, Lara J. McAneny

Review of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) on Tuesday 29 May 2012 by Heather Pearson (Daughter of Resident (Mary Barrow))

I could not be happier that my Mother is a Resident at the Sunrise Senior Living, Bassett, Southampton. I value highly Sunrise's Principles of Service: 'Nurturing the Spirit, 'Personalising Services', 'Enabling Freedom of Choice', 'Protecting Privacy', 'Celebrating Individuality', 'Encouraging Independence,' 'Preserving Dignity', 'Involving Family and Friends'. I feel my Mother is genuinely 'Living Well' with her Dementia and nothing is more important to me. My heart-felt thanks go to all Management and staff at Sunrise of Bassett. Heather Pearson (Daughter to Mother in year 13 of Early Onset Alzheimer's Disease) Facebook Campaigner: 'You Choose News' supporting the Alzheimer's Society 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton) and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Tim Dutson

Tim Dutson

Description: We are proud to provide a service designed around and for people, where together we have created an environment where residents like to live, families like to visit and team members like to work.

Rebecca Beer

Rebecca Beer

Job Title: Registered Manager

Description: It was the core values and principles that attracted me to Sunrise. I walked in the door and there was the WOW factor of a beautiful environment, however more importantly for me has been to ensure that the standards of care are maintained to the highest standard for each and every one of our residents. Each one of them has become like family and for that reason I am driven to strive to give them the best!

Lisa Roberts

Lisa Roberts

Job Title: Reminiscence Coordinator

Description: “I have loved working at Sunrise from day one, I am proud of the care and lifestyle we offer our residents and I aim to improve this as each day passes. I love working with seniors and I am pleased to be apart of a great team of people who all strive for the same goals.”

Karen Grant

Karen Grant

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-Ordinator

Description: Activities are at the forefront of the care we deliver at Sunrise. I am proud of the quality of activities we have on offer every day of the week.

Charlotte Bennett

Charlotte Bennett

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Description: “My role is in helping seniors and their loved ones with the process of searching for and understanding residential care. I’m proud to be able to offer a solution that will improve the quality of peoples lives."

Marieke Meijer

Marieke Meijer

Job Title: Senior Director of Community Relations

Description: For the past 7 years my role has been to provide advice and guidance to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. It is a delight to see how so many residents transform from being lonely and isolated in their own homes to smiling and chatting in the Bistro, making new friends. Knowing that I am going to help make such a positive change in someone's life is what I find so rewarding about Sunrise.

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)