Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton), Southampton, Hampshire

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): Serving Southampton, Winchester, Eastleigh, the New Forest and The Isle of Wight plus the wider area of South Hampshire, Sunrise of Bassett is just 5 minutes from both the M27 and M3, making it ideal for visiting family and friends. Southampton Airport is a short journey of just 10 minutes by car. Local shops and West Quay Shopping Centre are nearby, as is the New Forest. This purpose-built home for the elderly incorporates the very latest thinking on care home design. Professionals provide a range of senior care, dementia and nursing services, all customised to the needs of each individual resident. Communal facilities include beautifully landscaped grounds with areas for relaxation and contemplation, as well as extensive living and reception areas. Residents, family and friends can also enjoy nutritionally balanced, freshly prepared food and restaurant style dining, whilst suites all possess en suite bathrooms and food preparation areas.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Tim Dutson (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Southampton City Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 93 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Sheltered Housing • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton): click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.1 for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)) is based on 21 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I could recommend Sunrise to anybody who may be looking for their nearest and dearest to be cared for without any hesitation. Sunrise has all the required facilities and caring staff.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Nothing is too much trouble. All the staff are caring. A weight has been lifted from my mind knowing that my mother in law is safe and being cared for. The home itself is spotless, and run to a high level. I would not hesitate to recommend Sunrise.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

We both enjoy living at Sunrise. Joan particularly enjoys the home made soups.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I feel sad that I can't live with my family anymore but my husband visits me all the time and the staff really look after me here.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I recently needed to downsize my room and I am very happy with my new room, it all went very smoothly. It really is excellent here.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Enjoy living here and very happy.

Satisfaction.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Sunrise of Bassett is at the upper end of price range but overall impression is extremely favourable, being located opposite Southampton Common. A light airy and welcoming hallway has a bisto cafe with tea and coffee available at all times for residents and their visitors. The lounge has various snug areas with comfy sofas and chairs which give the impression of being more homely. The bedrooms are light and spacious and residents are encouraged to furnish with their belongings and knick knacks. All staff treat each resident with gentleness and dignity and genuinely care for their charges.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I've no complaints, I'm very happy here.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

A very satisfactory service overall, always room for improvement.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Independence - own room and key. Good food - attractive dining room, private dining room for guests. Good activities - all day everyday. Caring staff.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Very good home, would recommend it to anyone.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Excellent facility, the staff are very good and the food is excellent.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

We have found nothing but care in all its aspects for mother-in-law from top management right through to cleaners. This is a most superb care home that sets a real example to all others.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I would recommend this care home for its excellent treatment of residents suffering from dementia. The caring staff, although sometimes over worked due to delay in replacing others who have left, deal excellently with residents in their care. In the main, the selection procedures for filling vacancies ensure that the standard is maintained. The costs are well above average and it necessary to have access to sufficient funds.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Sunrise is divided in two reminiscence dementia & assisted living (we are in)it really is this.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I came to Sunrise nearly eight months ago just for one months respite, but I am now staying. The care is excellent and also the facilities are the best in the area.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

All the residents have their own flat. There are flats for single residents or the larger flats for married couples. The care is exceptionally good. There is a bell to press by your bed and another in the toilet/bath or shower room. When you ring for a carer he/she will come as quickly as possible (within 10 minutes) we have male and female carers. The carers knows all the residents so if a female rings a female carer will come. All the carers are well informed and can deal with any problems. All the carers have a phone and can call for extra help if needed.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I find the staff and management very friendly and welcoming. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone has a smile to offer. The home and grounds are beautifully appointed with fresh flowers and a warm atmosphere. My wife, who has dementia has lived there for 2 years and I would recommend it anybody.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

I have not resided in any other care home, coming here following bereavement.

Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

My mother has been at Sunrise now for just under a month. When she arrived she was in a state of depression. The staff at Sunrise have been outstanding in their care for her right from the first hour. They are doing their best to get her settled and joining in with appropriate activities.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)

Wellness Nurse

£16.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Southampton, Hampshire

Lead Receptionist

from £9.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Southampton, Hampshire

Tim

Tim Dutson

We are proud to provide a service designed around and for people, where together we have created an environment where residents like to live, families like to visit and team members like to work.

Mary

Mary Maughan-Otten

Job Title: Deputy Manager

I have been a general and mental health nurse since 1984 and worked in both public and independent sectors since qualifying. I have been in the care home sector for more than 10 years, supporting the elderly at manager level and beyond.

I am registered with the NMC and always maintain my skill set so I can care for others to the best of my ability. I am passionate about caring for others and ensuring their choices and preferences are met in a person-centred environment.

I am proud to be the Deputy Manager and Head of Care at Sunrise of Bassett and to be part of a caring team of professionals. Sunrise is more than a job, it's a joy to be part of this excellent organisation.

We are a family here and we aim to provide a centre of excellence for both residents and team members. Come and visit and see for yourself...

Monika

Monika Zytowiecka

Job Title: Assisted Living Co-ordinator

Every day is different in my role and it is the uniqueness of each resident and assisting them to deal with any issues or sharing some special moments that give me the greatest satisfaction. I am passionate about providing our resident with the best quality of person centred care each and every day.

Lisa

Lisa Roberts

Job Title: Reminiscence Coordinator

I have loved working at Sunrise from day one, I am proud of the care and lifestyle we offer our residents and I aim to improve this as each day passes. I love working with seniors and I am pleased to be apart of a great team of people who all strive for the same goals.

Karen

Karen Grant

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-Ordinator

Activities are at the forefront of the care we deliver at Sunrise. I am proud of the quality of activities we have on offer every day of the week.

Charlotte

Charlotte Bennett

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

“My role is in helping seniors and their loved ones with the process of searching for and understanding residential care. I’m proud to be able to offer a solution that will improve the quality of peoples lives."

Marieke

Marieke Meijer

Job Title: Senior Director of Community Relations

For the past 7 years my role has been to provide advice and guidance to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. It is a delight to see how so many residents transform from being lonely and isolated in their own homes to smiling and chatting in the Bistro, making new friends. Knowing that I am going to help make such a positive change in someone's life is what I find so rewarding about Sunrise.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Bassett (Southampton)