Ashview Nursing Home, Ware, Hertfordshire

Ashview Nursing Home, situated near Ware in Hertfordshire, is a country house that has been lovingly converted and refurbished into a residential facility for the practice of high quality elderly care.

The home welcomes a wide range of care expertise, with GPs regularly visiting the home and care packages set up to suit personal healthcare needs.

Residents are able to enjoy regular visitors, together with an extensive activities programmes that contributes to their general and long-term health, as well as social events and outings.

Group: Westgate Healthcare Ltd

Person in charge: Deborah Adams (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 32 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Gujarati, Hindi

Weekly Charges Guide: Nursing Care Single £600 – £900 , Nursing Care Shared (per person) £500 – £800

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Ashview Nursing Home: click here

The Review Score of 9.7 (maximum of 10) for Ashview Nursing Home is based on 19 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 9.661 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.661 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 5 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 9.661 for Ashview Nursing Home is based on 19 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.661 for Ashview Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (153 Excellents x 5) + (66 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 224 Ratings = 4.661

The Quantity Score of 5 for Ashview Nursing Home is calculated as follows:

3. (19 Positive Reviews ÷ 32 Registered Beds) x 2 = 1.188 (maximum score = 1)

• We receive approximately 15% of Reviews/Recommendations through website submission and 85% of Reviews/Recommendations through Review/Recommendation Cards (only available to Enhanced / Premium Services more info).

Good all round service most of the time. Only two little points; collecting crockery after meals could be quicker and not always left alone so you can go to the toilet.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

The carers all amazing! Our mum only spent ten days at Ashview but the way we and she were treated was second to none! in her final hours. They were so helpful, kind and loving. They helped us with everything and really made us feel at ease. We would like to thank them all at Ashview from the bottom of our hearts.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Likely

I found the nurses very pleasant and helpful. There has been no trouble, I enjoyed the food. My room was kept clean. The staff were very nice and helpful. The management were very pleasant and would always give me answers for my questions. The manager always had a smiley face. I was very happy when the manager offered me socks when I was going for hospital appointments.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

It is so difficult when you realise that it is just impossible for one of your parents to continue living at home but Ashview Nursing Home really softened the blow. The staff are so lovely and the management team are really good and give you confidence that the best care is being given. I cannot praise all of the team at Ashview Nursing Home highly enough. The food is very good and my mother's room very homely. Thank you so much all of you, we really appreciate everything you have done for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother was brought to Ashview after more than 4 months in hospital. Her Capacity had deteriorated, although she could understand and communicate. She arrived very frail and seemed to be 'going down hill' After some very good attention to her - talking, coaxing, looking after her health she is returning to reasonable health and ability. The care staff do care and get involved with the patients and talk to them and there is a response and a positive feel within the home/community. Yes, the building could do with some TCL but the staff are the ones who make the patients feel wanted. My wife and I are very pleased with the respect and care my mother is receiving from Ashview. Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My Husband has lived at Ashview for some time and if you are looking for a good Residential/Respite home then I would urge you to consider this one. There is a lovely atmosphere the food is good and the carers are professional and above all caring, all led by the excellent hands on Manager. My husband is happy, comfortable and genuinely cared for. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashview.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother-in-law is a resident. Having recently experienced care facilities in the states for my mother I was nervous for her due to dignity issues which aren't always understood. I was so impressed with the staff and facility that I have already recommended Ashview Nursing Home to two people. I am grateful to all the staff and her carers who treated her as a person and made her smile. My mother-in-law's well being has improved so dramatically and I can't thank you enough. She is very dear and special to me and I can return stateside confident in her care. Thank you!

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Having to leave a loved one in the care of strangers can be a worrying and stressful time but I have been very pleasantly surprised by the welcome and care shown by the staff at Ashview. My mother has dementia and has been living at Ashview for a few weeks now. The staff have shown how important it is treat each resident as an individual and to cater for those individual needs and I've enjoyed how some of the staff have struck up a relationship with mum already. There was a party when I was visiting once (complete with pub singer!) and the positive effect it had on the residents was wonderful to watch. The rest of the family have also been very impressed by Ashview so far and we feel a sense of relief that mum is in good hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I have nothing but praise for Ashview nursing home,and all the staff.
The manager, and another member of staff went to a lot of effort to accommodate my wife and Ion our short term stay, and all the staff are cheerful and willing to help at all times, day and night.

The food and accommodation is very good, and there is a large garden area.
I would have no hesitation to returning in the future.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Having worked in the Medical sector for many years, I know how demanding it can be and I would like to pass on my sincere thanks to all the staff at Ashview for their dedication and compassion caring for their residents being professional at all times. They go above and beyond in their caring capacity and is so heartening to see them all work so hard. Having also seen how many Corporate run care homes lack the attention to detail, Ashview has such a family atmosphere and provide excellent consistent care for their residents who benefit greatly. The staff to resident ratio is amply catered for providing personal and immediate care for residents which is so reassuring for me and give me peace of mind. Debbie and Sharon have been so professional and compassionate in all areas making the transition to settle so quickly and to give me the support I needed and I will always be indebted to them. Ashview is run with great team effort and I would thoroughly recommend it as an excellent care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Ashview is welcoming and informative from the initial telephone contact. The staff and management provided an excellent environment and standard of care for my mother to recover for her period of illness and find her confidence again.
They are a dedicated team who genuinely care for their residents and extended family (ie visitors) Thank you for all your professional and heart felt care, help and support.

Ashview provided the most wonderful respite for my mother at a difficult time for her and her family. She had had a spell in hospital and was frail and confused. The staff at Ashview were the most compassionate and caring people that you could hope to have looking after an elderly person. Nothing was too much trouble for them. My mother soon settled in and blossomed with all the care that they provided. Sharon was wonderful in looking after us a a family too and whilst being utterly professional in all she did, was a warm and reassuring contact for us. I cannot recommend Ashview highly enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Extremely helpful, caring staff, great setting. Could do with some decorating of the rooms. A touch small. Excellent food. Amazing occupational health practitioner. Plenty of activities and some outside visits. Overall experience very good.

The home is in a very quiet peaceful setting and have beautiful gardens.
All staff associated with Ashview have been very kind and considerate, have a very professional approach to my mothers care and just know that she is in good experienced hands.
The care staff, management and nurses have always kept me informed of my mothers welfare and very welcoming when visiting.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

I am Power of Attorney for my dear long standing friend of many years for her health/welfare who has dementia. After caring for her for many years in her own home it has now become necessary for her to have more care. After searching many homes, I'm so pleased to have found Ashview in a lovely countryside setting. It has such a warm and caring atmosphere with a lovely woodland garden for residents to use. The staff are all so attentive at all times and you can see they enjoy their work. They are truly dedicated to caring for their residents and making their lives happy and comfortable with many activities available. The food is very appetising and all home cooked which i have sampled myself! and thoroughly enjoyed my lunch of a delicious steak pie with home-made pastry and seasonal vegetable and delicious dessert all attentively served.

I'm very impressed with the personal care plan which has enabled my friends to settle in and is reassuring for me. I've had regular updates on her also, and the first night they monitored her every two hours. Such a relief to know she is being so well cared for day and night, treating her like a member of the family. I would thoroughly recommend Ashview for their care and dedication, lovely home and setting and nutritious food.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Ashview is a unique 18th-19th century house with a large garden, sited in a rural position with scenic views, on the edge of the village of Widford. Nearly five and a half years ago my mother needed full time care after living independently for many years. Ashview was chosen because of its relatively small size and its pleasant atmosphere.
The staff has proved to be hardworking, cheerful and very caring towards the residents. They always offer a most friendly welcome to visitors as well. Residents' personal needs and preferences are well understood and respected and everyone is treated as an individual.
Appetising meals are prepared on the premises and special requests are met.
Nursing care is always available and there is easy access to the local GP, who is a regular visitor. Minor day to day emergencies are quickly attended to and relatives are always promptly informed of any problems. A visiting dentist and optician service call as does a hairdresser.
Ashview has provided my mother with bright and homely surroundings in her latter years.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Likely

My mum has been a resident at Ashview for just over 2 years now and has been made to feel really welcome there - as have my husband and I whenever we visit her, which is very often!
The staff are so friendly and caring - putting her makeup on for her and helping with feeding her when this became necessary. They always have a smile on their faces - even if they don't always feel like it - and we feel included in one big, close family unit whenever we are there.
We have no complaints at all about Ashview or its staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been at Ashview for three months now. She is there because she needs the nursing care beyond that which could be provided at home. What in my opinion is very good about this place is how they have been very flexible and accommodating to an elderly person who is very set in their ways and wants things just so, even perhaps if it isn't what may be best. They have not nagged at her but sought ways to encourage her to make better decisions whilst at the same time respecting her decisions but continuing to try new tactics to encourage better decisions. The security is good. The catering is very good. This is not institutional food. They are flexible re visiting times and its relaxed as opposed to regimented but the nicest thing is, in my opinion, I feel that so many of the staff genuinely care and they indulge residents eccentricities and occasionally difficult behavior with remarkable patience. This is a good place. Everywhere has areas they could improve, but having done quite a bit of research with my wife and see a lot of places before going here we did not see anything better and saw many that were far worse. If one was to criticize the place it is in the middle of nowhere, not absolutely everyone is perfect and their admin had some problems at the start but Janet (the manager) was very helpful in resolving this

How likely would you be to recommend Ashview Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

Hardworking staff. Clean and tidy home. Always warm and cozy. Residents always clean and smart (washing smells great!). Food appetizing! Highly recommend. Beautiful garden - residents always have option to go into the garden when weather permits.

Submit a Review for Ashview Nursing Home

November 2012

Healthcare Assistant Recruitment Open Day

£7.50-£8.00 per hour & Benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Clinical Lead

£16-16.50 per hour - (£32,448 - £33,462) & Benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Healthcare Assistant

£7.50-£8.50 (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered Nurse

£15-16 per hour & Excellent Benefits (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Nursing Home Manager

£45k-£50k (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Ware, Hertfordshire

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashview Nursing Home