Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Conewood Manor Nursing Home, Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Conewood Manor Nursing Home
Conewood Manor Nursing Home

Conewood Manor Nursing Home is owned by Holly Care Group and situated in Bishop's Stortford, that looks after 42 individuals in need of residential care, through a versatile service that encourages independence amongst its residents' lifestyles.

The building has been converted from a Victorian property, which provides a spacious and comofortable environment that residents tend to settle into immediately and think of as their home.

Conewood Manor has good wheelchair access and a number of further healthcare services and therapies available, as well as an onsite hairdresser and activities class.

Owner: Holly Care Group

Person in charge: Mihaela Stan (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken (other than English): Polish, Romanian, Tagalog, Swahili

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Conewood Manor Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Conewood Manor Nursing Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Conewood Manor Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.1 for Conewood Manor Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Conewood Manor Nursing Home on Thursday 19 December 2013 by Philippa Anne Moore (my 97yr old nana is a resident there)

I recently visited and the home is lovely so homely and welcoming. Staff are really friendly and there are lots of them about which is reassuring. My nana's room is lovely and bright and airy which she has personalised. The staff all spoke to us and to Nana and they obviously took pride in their work and it showed in the overall impression I got from the home. Nana was able to take her meal in her room which was good as she doesn't want to socialise much now and the meal provided was excellent lovely and hot and a real home cooked meal. It was the first time I have visited Nana there as I was reluctant to go to see her in a home but she appeared settled and I feel confident that our family made the right decision for her to be cared for there, as now she is elderly she needs round the clock care and I know she will be well cared for there. Whilst speaking to a member of the office staff he even knew other family members by name even thought there are a lot of us! So that goes to show they really do know their residents really well and they are not just a homogeneous group of people.

Submit a Recommendation for Conewood Manor Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Conewood Manor Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Conewood Manor Nursing Home

Mihaela Stan

Mihaela Stan

Description: ? Professional Qualifications: Medical Nurse, General Medicine (BScN) 1999-2002 Management in Health and social care 2010 ? Relevant memberships/ qualifications CQC registration and Royal Collage of nursing ? No of years in senior management 4 years ? Personal statement (why I do the job and passionate about care) A dedicated professional, possessing 12 years experience providing specialised patient care in demanding care environments. Undertaking a variety of roles whilst working effectively without supervision and supporting multidisciplinary colleagues and actively contributing to overall team objectives. Experience gained overseas and in the UK, within private and NHS hospital environments. I take my responsibilities very seriously, am dependable and value security and stability and have a strong focus on the details of life. I am always enthusiastic in my day to day work environment with a commitment to providing quality patient care. Skills: 1) Leadership and supervision 2) Patient care and management   3) Being analytical   4) Problem solving   5) Been assertive and respectful   6) Communication and listening   7) Stress management   8) Professionalism   9) Been self motivated   10) Been efficient and thorough   11) Been patient and compassionate   12) Being multilingual Outside work I enjoy going to the gym, theatre, reading, running, travelling, spending time with my family.  This year I am training for New York Marathon which I am very excited 3rd November 2013 running 10k with Race for life to raze  money for Cancer Research  1st June 2013 and walking a full Marathon with “Shine” to raze money for children with Cancer on the night of 28th of September 2013.

Melonie Waddingham

Melonie Waddingham

Job Title: Administrator

Description: ? Relevant Qualifications BTEC Business & Finance Commerce O’Level and CSE Typing RSA I and II and CSE ? No of years in senior management I’ve been in my role for nearly a year now. ? Personal statement (why I do the job and passionate about care) After many long years working for an international company in London, I wanted to work somewhere where I felt I was helping others and where I was not just a number.   Working at Conewood Manor is really enjoyable - the residents, relatives and staff are very friendly.  It’s a lovely place where staff are happy (on the odd occasion may hear them singing!) and the residents are happy and entertained with some great activities. ? Interesting fact / obscure hobby/passion I currently enjoy playing  Netball  to keep fit however when I was a bit younger, I used to do Judo!   I was a brown belt but never quite got to finish obtaining my black belt (which I regret).   I won lots of trophies but most importantly, I represented Essex and Northern Home Counties and actually came joint 3rd in England in an under 16 category.  I also came 8th in a British Open competition which was a major achievement for me as it involved people from other countries.

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Conewood Manor Nursing Home