Houndswood House Care Home, Radlett, Hertfordshire

Houndswood House Care Home provides quality care based on respect for the residents, their right to make choices, maintain dignity and receive the best of care to suit individual needs. The Home has been tastefully decorated throughout with individual d├ęcor in each bedroom to meet the requirements and needs of each individual resident. The staff are highly qualified and motivated enabling them to meet the needs of the residents. Each resident has an individual care package, specifically planned to reflect his or her personal needs and choices. The Activities Co-ordinator organises a wide range of daily activities both in and out of the Home. Outside entertainers visit the Home on regular basis.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Deby O'Hare (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 57 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French

Facilities & Services: Separate EMI Unit • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Houndswood House Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.2 for Houndswood House Care Home) is based on 5 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Houndswood House Care Home

The staff are fantastic who provide excellent care for my dad and support our family. The residence is clean and homely, the grounds are beautifully landscaped. My dad is clearly happy which gives our family such peace of mind.

Houndswood House Care Home

My mother-in-law has been a resident at Houndswood House for 4 years having suffered with dementia since 2008. Whilst she does not wish to be there and is delusional about her care, from my experience I can say that she is dealt with in a patient, kind and respectful way. I comment the staff for their tolerance and humanity and am grateful for the care they provide.

Houndswood House Care Home

We always arrive on different days at different times and are met with smiles by staff and carers. Even at mealtimes carers happy to accommodate our visit. Mum always clean and presentable and if I need to go to her room to take items I have taken, it is always clean and fresh, despite her incontinence. I feel happy and relaxed about her environment at Houndswood House.

Houndswood House Care Home

Staff are kind, caring and approachable and treat residents with dignity. A very happy and relaxed atmosphere. it gives me peace of mind that my husband is so well cared for.

Houndswood House Care Home

Lovely homely atmosphere from the minute you walk in the door. Staff are very open and caring. My friend has thrived since arriving here and staff treat me like a member of their family. Beautiful gardens.

Submit a Review for Houndswood House Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Houndswood House Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Houndswood House Care Home

Sara

Sara Mohidin

Job Title: Activities Co Ordinator

" I have worked at Houndswood House Care Home for two & a half years. I started as a Care Assistant and have been in the role of Activities Co Ordinator for one & a half years. I love working with our residents and helping them to maintain active social lives. It is a lovely place to work with a friendly atmosphere and scenic surroundings."

Qualifications

NVQ2 & 3, Dementia Care Mapper,Fire Warden

Geoff Leamy

Job Title: Deputy Manager

" I am a Registered Mental nurse of 38yrs experience. I have worked at Houndswood House for 5 yrs. The aspect of my role that I enjoy the most is developing and maintaining relationships with residents, relatives and staff and using these relationships effectively to improve care standards within the home."

Specialisms

Dementia Care
Qualifications

RMN

Deby O'Hare

" I have over 25 yrs experience as a Registered Nurse and have worked at Houndswood House for 3 yrs. The thing I enjoy most about my role is being part of an effective care team and providing excellent standards of care in a relaxed and friendly environment"

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Houndswood House Care Home