Woodlands View Care Home

Magpie Crescent, Stevenage SG2 9RZ

Woodlands View Care Home, Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Woodlands View is dedicated to ensuring older people can have the highest quality of life possible in a safe and homely environment. The home is made up of four separate houses who each have a team of Bupa trained staff to help residents live with the complexities of older age.

Clients are encouraged to bring personal furniture or possessions to decorate their room, helping them settle in and feel at home in Woodland View. Every house has a conservatory, dining room or lounge for residents to spend quality time in and entertain guests when they visit.

As well as providing delicious homemade meals every day for residents, the home’s dedicated chef makes snacks available in-between meals to ensure residents can always enjoy quality nutrition.

Woodlands View staff are dedicated to helping residents fulfil their daily routines which include ensuring they can continue to pursue their hobbies and interests within the home setting.

Person in charge: Kathleen Sewell (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Woodlands View Care Home: click here

The Review Score of 8.8 (maximum of 10) for Woodlands View Care Home is based on 20 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.827 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.494 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 4.333 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.827 for Woodlands View Care Home is based on 20 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.494 for Woodlands View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (138 Excellents x 5) + (75 Goods x 4) + (22 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 235 Ratings = 4.494

The Quantity Score of 4.333 for Woodlands View Care Home is calculated as follows:

My father has been in and out of hospital/care homes for the past 2 1/2 years. He came to Woodlands View in March of this year. I have been totally amazed at the level of care he received here. He has been treated with dignity, respect and received the very best medical care he could have possibly had. We as a whole family have been able to relax (for the first time in two years) knowing he has been looked after in the very best way. Every member of staff have been fantastic. They have always kept us up to date with my father's condition. Every resident here seems happy and totally well cared for and respected. I cannot thank the staff at Woodlands View enough - outstanding!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

From my father's first admission I have nothing but praise! The staff are all exceptional. My father was previously in another home. He was admitted to hospital from there and we would not allow him to back for his health and safety. From day one at Woodlands we could not believe the difference. He has been treated as a human being and not a number. He is always clean, has always had exceptional care, devotion and attention. For the first time in years we have felt relaxed knowing he has been so brilliantly looked after. From the Manager through to all staff I commend everyone. I cannot thank everyone enough!! Woodlands view is amazing in every single way possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I always find the staff very helpful and the residents are very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I found the review very comforting.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had cause to move my relative due to lack of care. So when I moved my relative to this new home, I was amazed on how quickly my relative settled in and the compassion of the staff. They are trained to understand the needs of every resident, also the needs of the families. They are treated with dignity, patience and kindness. I can go home after a visit, knowing my loved one is safe and cared for. The best decision my family and I have made picking this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care my aunt receives is good. The staff are very good and kind. She has been in Woodlands View since the end of August last year after falling in her flat and she is now not able to walk. Since being in Woodlands View, she is eating better and I have had to buy her more comfortable trousers as she has gained weight and the others were too tight for her. Which has made me very happy as when she went in there she was down to 5 and a half stone.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

We are very pleased with the care my Mother is receiving at Woodlands View. The Staff seem very caring and friendly. It is a very pleasant environment, light and airy. Excellent meals are provided and visiting is not restricted.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I cannot praise high enough. My brother is a very complex case. He is in his 60's, autistic with multiple health issues. He was confused, frightened somewhat aggressive. They have persevered when he refused medication and now six to eight weeks he is happy and at peace. The food and kindly services are superb. No smells, my brother does not go to bed until after 10pm, it is well staffed who care. Hats off to them and well done. My brother is not easy but they have coped and he is very happy. Thank you.

Overall the service and experience were good and positive. One relatively small disappointment was the loss of some clothing, despite thorough labelling of all garments. On arriving home we found some items of clothing belonging to someone else (not labelled) Which we returned to the home, she also managed to lose a personal diary whilst at the home none of the missing items have been found.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Likely

Woodlands View Residential & Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and well-being is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

I am writing this on behalf of my wife, she is in the care home as she has terminal cancer. We consider ourselves lucky to be in such a good home, and know all the carers and staff are first class, looking after my wife. I don't think she has much longer to live and is getting the best last times of her life. I was looking after her for 4 months before she came to the home, and was on the point of a breakdown so I know how much work goes into looking after her.

Very Satisfactory.

My mother in law was a resident here at Woodlands View on the dementia unit. The care she received was second to none. We were very happy with everything.

The care my nan received whilst at Woodlands View was excellent. I would highly recommend this home.

When I first saw the nursing home I was impressed with the layout, with gardens and the walks around the site. The management was very helpful. My wife is in Astonbury House one of the four. All the staff from nurses to cleaning staff are very good with the residents. I must say that the carers are very good with my wife and when asked to do something they responded straight away.

A lot of care and love comes from a Bupa home. Wonderful service.

I wish there was more residents for mu mum to interact with. Staff always seem happy and nice.

I would recommend it to anyone, lovely people.

I would highly recommend staying at a Bupa home.

I would tell anyone to come and live here. I'm pleased with everything, very clean, the food is good. Nothing has been bad.

My Dad was admitted after 14 months in hospital. He has settled well and the staff are without exception a delight. He is always clean, neat and tidy. They keep us up to date with GP visit outcomes and are always very polite and cheerful. He had been bed bound prior to arriving at Woodlands but now spends some time out in a chair. He loves going into the garden.

Submit a Review for Woodlands View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Woodlands View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Woodlands View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodlands View Care Home