Woodlands View Care Home

Magpie Crescent, Stevenage SG2 9RZ

Woodlands View Care Home, Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Woodlands View is dedicated to ensuring older people can have the highest quality of life possible in a safe and homely environment. The home is made up of four separate houses who each have a team of Bupa trained staff to help residents live with the complexities of older age.

Clients are encouraged to bring personal furniture or possessions to decorate their room, helping them settle in and feel at home in Woodland View. Every house has a conservatory, dining room or lounge for residents to spend quality time in and entertain guests when they visit.

As well as providing delicious homemade meals every day for residents, the home’s dedicated chef makes snacks available in-between meals to ensure residents can always enjoy quality nutrition.

Woodlands View staff are dedicated to helping residents fulfil their daily routines which include ensuring they can continue to pursue their hobbies and interests within the home setting.

Person in charge: Kathleen Sewell (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Woodlands View Care Home: click here

9.3 Woodlands View Care Home has a Review Score of 9.3 (9.256)

The Review Score of 9.3 (maximum of 10) for Woodlands View Care Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 15 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Woodlands View Care Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.631 for Woodlands View Care Home is calculated as follows: ( (118 Excellents x 5) + (51 Goods x 4) + (7 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 176 Ratings = 4.631

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 4.625 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Woodlands View Care Home is based on 15 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 24 positive Reviews (120 registered beds ÷ 5). 15 Reviews ÷ 24 Target = 0.625

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Woodlands View Care Home?

Reviewer Connection to Woodlands View Care Home

The staff are amazing, helpful and friendly. Nan was so happy during her two-week stay. The family couldn't be happier with her care. We are so grateful to the staff for all their support. There are a few members of staff in particular that have been brilliant.
Please keep up all your hard work and dedication.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 13 Jan 2017:

My father spent a few weeks at Woodlands View Care Home and was made to feel very welcome right from the start. The staff were fantastic, not only to Dad but also to the family. Nothing was too much trouble. Having an open visiting hours system was brilliant and meant family and friends could visit on more occasions. A lovely care home which we would highly recommend.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 07 Oct 2016:

I would like to express my appreciation to the staff and carers, in particular, Newton House for the care and kindness they showed to my Aunt during her time at Woodlands. She was very happy and content in the home and staff always made me and my family very welcome. She sadly passed away on the 8th September and when we came down to collect her things, nothing was too much for the staff. Also, thank you to the lady in the office who was always ready to assist us with any concerns we had.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Servicies Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 03 Oct 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences for your loss.The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Mum moved to the above home in August after 2 months in hospital. It took mum a few weeks to adjust but the staff are very patient and kind and mum has blossomed, which is lovely for us as we know she is being well looked after. Mum is 93 years old.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Lydia Waller, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 26 Sep 2016:

My Mum arrived in Woodlands View, having been neglected in her previous home and the professionalism, skill and compassion of the staff transformed her from a withdrawn woman into someone much more like her old self. My only regret is that I hadn’t got her to Woodlands sooner. I am forever grateful.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rachel Elliott, Customer service Adminstrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 16 Sep 2016:

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

Very kind staff and very helpful - thanks!

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Jayne Duck, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 09 Sep 2016:

My sister moved into Woodlands View care home on June 24th 2016, and from the very first day she has been treated with dignity and care. The staff are excellent and very helpful and caring. My sister is very happy there and we are so glad we chose, Woodlands View, it is a lot of responsibility choosing a care home for someone else, but on this occasion my husband and myself know we made the right choice for my sister and if she is happy then so are we! If we can't get to see her one day, we know she is getting excellent care! Thank you.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Emily Wilson, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 08 Aug 2016:

My father was in Woodlands View for a few weeks having been transferred from hospital. He died there on 18th July.
The care he was given was excellent, he was treated with respect dignity and kindness by all the staff. His last days were as comfortable as possible and we as family were also cared for. We could not have asked for better care for him and all the staff deserve recognition.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 26 Jul 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. Please accept our condolences. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

My father has been in and out of hospital/care homes for the past 2 1/2 years. He came to Woodlands View in March of this year. I have been totally amazed at the level of care he received here. He has been treated with dignity, respect and received the very best medical care he could have possibly had. We as a whole family have been able to relax (for the first time in two years) knowing he has been looked after in the very best way. Every member of staff have been fantastic. They have always kept us up to date with my father's condition. Every resident here seems happy and totally well cared for and respected. I cannot thank the staff at Woodlands View enough - outstanding!!!

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 15 Jun 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience and appreciate your comments of our home and will share your comments with the home’s manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

From my father's first admission I have nothing but praise! The staff are all exceptional. My father was previously in another home. He was admitted to hospital from there and we would not allow him to back for his health and safety. From day one at Woodlands we could not believe the difference. He has been treated as a human being and not a number. He is always clean, has always had exceptional care, devotion and attention. For the first time in years we have felt relaxed knowing he has been so brilliantly looked after. From the Manager through to all staff I commend everyone. I cannot thank everyone enough!! Woodlands view is amazing in every single way possible.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I always find the staff very helpful and the residents are very well cared for.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I found the review very comforting.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

I had cause to move my relative due to lack of care. So when I moved my relative to this new home, I was amazed on how quickly my relative settled in and the compassion of the staff. They are trained to understand the needs of every resident, also the needs of the families. They are treated with dignity, patience and kindness. I can go home after a visit, knowing my loved one is safe and cared for. The best decision my family and I have made picking this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

The care my aunt receives is good. The staff are very good and kind. She has been in Woodlands View since the end of August last year after falling in her flat and she is now not able to walk. Since being in Woodlands View, she is eating better and I have had to buy her more comfortable trousers as she has gained weight and the others were too tight for her. Which has made me very happy as when she went in there she was down to 5 and a half stone.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely Likely

Rose Pickering, Customer Service Administrator at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 16 Mar 2016:

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are pleased to hear about your positive experience of our home and will share your comments with the home's manager. The Bupa Customer Care Team.

We are very pleased with the care my Mother is receiving at Woodlands View. The Staff seem very caring and friendly. It is a very pleasant environment, light and airy. Excellent meals are provided and visiting is not restricted.

Submit a Review for Woodlands View Care Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodlands View Care Home