Woodlands View Care Home, Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Woodlands View is dedicated to ensuring older people can have the highest quality of life possible in a safe and homely environment. The home is made up of four separate houses who each have a team of Bupa trained staff to help residents live with the complexities of older age.

Clients are encouraged to bring personal furniture or possessions to decorate their room, helping them settle in and feel at home in Woodland View. Every house has a conservatory, dining room or lounge for residents to spend quality time in and entertain guests when they visit.

As well as providing delicious homemade meals every day for residents, the home’s dedicated chef makes snacks available in-between meals to ensure residents can always enjoy quality nutrition.

Woodlands View staff are dedicated to helping residents fulfil their daily routines which include ensuring they can continue to pursue their hobbies and interests within the home setting.

Person in charge: Ruta Starkute-Nahani (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Hertfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 120 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Woodlands View Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.6 for Woodlands View Care Home is based on 15 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.642 is made up of 4.392 Points relating to the ratings and 4.25 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My aunt has been in Woodlands View since the end of August. My impression of the home so far is very good. She seems to have settled well joining in with the activities provided and that is due to the activities co-ordinator in her house encouraging her to join in. I have only one concern and that is when she had a hospital appointment and I could not go with her, I requested an escort but one was not provided and I have brought that to the management's attention so that it does not happen to someone else.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Likely

I cannot praise high enough. My brother is a very complex case. He is in his 60's, autistic with multiple health issues. He was confused, frightened somewhat aggressive. They have persevered when he refused medication and now six to eight weeks he is happy and at peace. The food and kindly services are superb. No smells, my brother does not go to bed until after 10pm, it is well staffed who care. Hats off to them and well done. My brother is not easy but they have coped and he is very happy. Thank you.

Overall the service and experience were good and positive. One relatively small disappointment was the loss of some clothing, despite thorough labelling of all garments. On arriving home we found some items of clothing belonging to someone else (not labelled) Which we returned to the home, she also managed to lose a personal diary whilst at the home none of the missing items have been found.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Likely

Woodlands View Residential & Nursing Home, Bupa Care Homes at Woodlands View Care Home responded to this review on 11 Aug 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and well-being is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

I am writing this on behalf of my wife, she is in the care home as she has terminal cancer. We consider ourselves lucky to be in such a good home, and know all the carers and staff are first class, looking after my wife. I don't think she has much longer to live and is getting the best last times of her life. I was looking after her for 4 months before she came to the home, and was on the point of a breakdown so I know how much work goes into looking after her.

How likely would you be to recommend Woodlands View Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Very Satisfactory.

My mother in law was a resident here at Woodlands View on the dementia unit. The care she received was second to none. We were very happy with everything.

The care my nan received whilst at Woodlands View was excellent. I would highly recommend this home.

When I first saw the nursing home I was impressed with the layout, with gardens and the walks around the site. The management was very helpful. My wife is in Astonbury House one of the four. All the staff from nurses to cleaning staff are very good with the residents. I must say that the carers are very good with my wife and when asked to do something they responded straight away.

A lot of care and love comes from a Bupa home. Wonderful service.

I wish there was more residents for mu mum to interact with. Staff always seem happy and nice.

I would recommend it to anyone, lovely people.

I would highly recommend staying at a Bupa home.

I would tell anyone to come and live here. I'm pleased with everything, very clean, the food is good. Nothing has been bad.

My Dad was admitted after 14 months in hospital. He has settled well and the staff are without exception a delight. He is always clean, neat and tidy. They keep us up to date with GP visit outcomes and are always very polite and cheerful. He had been bed bound prior to arriving at Woodlands but now spends some time out in a chair. He loves going into the garden.

Each time we have visited our parent he is always clean and smiling. He is treated with utter respect and dignity and I cannot praise the staff high enough. Dad has stayed in a couple of others in Stevenage and we have found them lacking considerably. Here the staff play little games with them on a 1 to 1 basis the patients are all doing something of some kind. Stimulus is a BIG word. Dad came out of hospital with a pressure sore yet again and they take the utmost care in treatment. I would certainly recommend them highly. Thank you to all for what you are doing for those in great need.

Submit a Review for Woodlands View Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Woodlands View Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Woodlands View Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Woodlands View Care Home