Firtree House Care Home with Nursing, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Firtree House Care Home with Nursing has strong community links and welcomes both short and long-term nursing care needs, situated a short distance from the centre of Tunbridge Wells.

An attractive property that was sympathetically converted and extended into a care home in 1960, since its conversion the home has undergone a major refurbishment plan and now provides an attractive, safe and stable environment in which staff and residents are actively involved in the day to day decision making of the home.

This attractive period property provides a choice of single or companion bedrooms, many of which have en suite facilities. All bedrooms are individually decorated and comfortably furnished, and residents are welcome to personalise their rooms with the addition of personal mementos and small pieces of furniture to ease the transition of the move into a care home.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jackie Cullip (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Firtree House Care Home with Nursing: click here

The user Review Score of 9.4 for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing is based on 13 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.388 is made up of 4.769 Points relating to the ratings and 4.619 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My wife was a resident at Firtree House for 25 years. In all this time she was cared for and loved by everyone. All her needs were met extremely well and her traumatic life was made much more bearable by the kind care and attention given by all at Firtrees. My family and I have also been through some hard times and the manager and staff always found the time to support us. I can whole-heartedly recommend Firtree for the love and care that they provide.

How likely would you be to recommend Firtree House Care Home with Nursing? Extremely LIKELY

The staff are always very friendly and approachable. My father is very happy here and it is lovely to hear him laughing with the staff when we visit. When we visit we are always made to feel welcome and we enjoy our visits. Firtree House feels very homely. The staff are caring and always happy to help. We were very worried about my father going into a home but everyone at Firtree House has allayed the fears of all the family.

My experience of the home is very good overall, staff are very pleasant. I am kept informed regarding my mum and I can always ask staff if there are any worries I may have.

Our mother was only a resident for a short time before her passing, but the care and attention by the management and staff was very good. Everyone was very supportive and kind.

I have been at Firtrees for four months now and I love it. Everybody is kind and showers me with kindness. I have lovely food, my hair done and a beautiful room to live in. I was scared to come into a home but not at Firtrees I love it!

Firtree was the first nursing home on our list. We arrived one Saturday afternoon and met a lovely lady who showed us around and told us all about Firtree and what it has to offer, we were shown the room our Mum would have and told we could bring some of Mum's furniture so it would feel more homely for her. We liked what we saw and was being told. Our feeling was good and positive. We never visited the other nursing homes on our list Firtree just felt right. I have now met the deputy and manager of Firtree who are both equally very nice nothing is to much trouble. Thank you to everyone who works at Firtree for helping this transition for our mum go smoothly.

My mum has been at Firtree for nine weeks now and I am very happy with her care.
Jackie the manager has always been there to answer any questions I have and she has a great passion for her work. The home is clean the food is good and the care is excellent. All mums family and friends say firstree is like a hotel.

My father-in-law moved in a year ago. He continues to be well and is looked after wonderfully. He is kept clean and tidy despite being bedridden. The staff are always kind and friendly and treat him with respect and care. Jackie and Barbara are always available to give me feedback.

I am very lucky and happy to have found a home at Firtree, they are lovely caring people who have looked after me well. The food is good, the home is clean my room is nice. Jackie is very caring and makes me laugh and is always smiling. These people have saved my life.

When my mother first came to Fir Trees she was very unwell. I can now say that every week I visit she is looking better and better. In fact she looks a picture of health. She has her hair dyed and set and her nails done this makes her feel so much better, she has always liked to look nice. This week I noticed she has out some make up on. Just like she used to do. Thanks to Fir Trees.

Although my father was only resident for a month before he died, he was comfortable, warm, well fed and well looked after. Living so far away it was difficult to make arrangements to see my father often so it was a blessing he was happy at Fir Tree House

Nice home, nice people. Frank is happy here. The conservatory is very nice it can accommodate a large amount of family members which is ideal. I would recommend this nursing home.

I find all the staff very friendly and helpful. They are always there to help my husband when needed. The manager always takes time to talk when I have needed her and is the same with my husband. I have been happy with my husband's stay at 'Firs' since Sept 2013, even though I would rather he was at home with me, but know that is not possible now.

Submit a Review for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Healthcare Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Jackie

Jackie Cullip

Joined: 2009

As Home Manager of Firtree House, Jackie leads a professional staff team in delivering the highest standards of nursing care for up to 42 elderly people.

Having started as a Care Assistant at Firtree House over 15 years ago and working her way up to Home Manager, Jackie instinctively understands what makes the home tick. She firmly believes in involving residents and their families in every aspect of life at the home. This approach has ensured the large property has maintained a homely feel, as highlighted in a recent report by the Care Quality Commission.

Jackie and her tightly knit staff team work with each resident to develop a personalised care plan, which caters for their specific needs and ensures that residents have choice and control over how their care is delivered.

Within her role, Jackie is particularly passionate about getting to know residents and their families. She feels that having a good understanding of each resident’s background is essential in building a relationship of trust. She encourages family involvement through a culture of open communication, which has resulted in the calm and friendly atmosphere experienced at Firtree House.

Jackie lives just a few miles from Firtree House and outside work, takes advantage of the rural life that the local area offers. She enjoys reading, swimming and socialising with family and friends.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Firtree House Care Home with Nursing