Firtree House Care Home with Nursing, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Firtree House Care Home with Nursing
Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Tel: 0808 137 1506

Firtree House Care Home with Nursing is located in an attractive residential area, close to the centre of Tunbridge Wells in Kent. Its location affords many shops and amenities within close proximity enabling residents the opportunity of maintaining close links with the local community.

Firtree House is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide both short and long term nursing care to elderly people. Our home manager has developed an excellent reputation for Firtree House, which is highly regarded by healthcare purchasers and private individuals.

Firtree House is an attractive property that was sympathetically converted and extended into a care home in 1960, since its conversion the home has undergone a major refurbishment plan and now provides an attractive, safe and stable environment in which staff and residents are actively involved in the day to day decision making of the home.

This attractive period property provides a choice of single or companion bedrooms, many of which have en suite facilities. All bedrooms are individually decorated and comfortably furnished, and residents are welcome to personalise their rooms with the addition of personal mementos and small pieces of furniture to ease the transition of the move into a care home.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jackie Cullip (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Firtree House Care Home with Nursing: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 19 hours ago

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

When my mother first came to Fir Trees she was very unwell. I can now say that every week I visit she is looking better and better. In fact she looks a picture of health. She has her hair dyed and set and her nails done this makes her feel so much better, she has always liked to look nice. This week I noticed she has out some make up on. Just like she used to do. Thanks to Fir Trees.

Submitted by Lynda Howlett (Daughter of Resident) on Friday 22 August 2014.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Although my father was only resident for a month before he died, he was comfortable, warm, well fed and well looked after. Living so far away it was difficult to make arrangements to see my father often so it was a blessing he was happy at Fir Tree House

Submitted by Deborah G (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 10 June 2014.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Nice home, nice people. Frank is happy here. The conservatory is very nice it can accommodate a large amount of family members which is ideal. I would recommend this nursing home.

Submitted by Jean Foster (Wife of Resident) on Wednesday 21 May 2014.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

I find all the staff very friendly and helpful. They are always there to help my husband when needed. The manager always takes time to talk when I have needed her and is the same with my husband. I have been happy with my husband's stay at 'Firs' since Sept 2013, even though I would rather he was at home with me, but know that is not possible now.

Submitted by Eunice Baker (Wife of resident) on Monday 19 May 2014.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

The care my mother-in-law received was excellent. Everything I asked for was done. Jackie was always approachable and happy to listen. The staff were always happy to help and very cheerful. The home overall was always clean and tidy. I thought my mother-in-law was happy here and would recommend this home to anyone.

Submitted by Wendy Keeves (Mother-in-law (resident)) on Friday 29 November 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Firtree house is a home from home environment with extremely caring staff

Submitted by Pauline Davis (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 26 November 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Wonderful home, excellent staff and a lovely caring manager.

Submitted by John F (Son of resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

I can not wish for a better home than Firtree for my auntie, my aunt has just had her 98th birthday and Firtree's provided her with a wonderful party and all the family were welcomed. We had such a lovely time. Thank you Firetree.

Submitted by Anne W (Niece of resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Very friendly well run establishment. The staff couldn't do enough when it was my aunt's 98th birthday. They made sure the event would be remembered for all the right reasons. When you hear of so many badly run and abusive homes it makes a change to find one that is as good as this. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a care home for a treasured relative.

Submitted by Yvonne Bartolome (Niece of resident) on Monday 27 May 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

My husband is very happy here. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The meals are very varied and he always says how nice they are. Jackie is always very helpful and is often available for us to talk to even if she is busy she will make time. I am always made welcome and included in my husband's care.

Submitted by Yvonne Wilson (Wife of resident) on Thursday 25 April 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Just a wonderful, homely, caring place - we were so lucky to find a well run home.

Submitted by Pat Swindells (Relative) on Thursday 25 April 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

While my mother was a resident at Firtree House, she was treated with the utmost respect and care. The staff were wonderful to her, always friendly and courteous. I would recommend Firtree House to anyone.

Submitted by Dorothy Weller (Daughter of resident) on Monday 22 April 2013.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

My uncle was admitted to Firtrees last year and my family and I could not believe how well he is looked after. The manager and staff are very caring, lovely people who always have a smile for us and I know that can't always be easy in the job they do. I was so impressed with Firtrees that I have now been lucky enough to place my mother here as I know these people will love and care for her as they do all their residents.

Submitted by John R (Son/Nephew of two residents) on Monday 19 November 2012.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Firtree House is located in a quiet neighbourhood amongst pleasant surrounds. The home has a friendly and homely atmosphere. The staff and management are all very caring, helpful and friendly. We would recommend this home to anyone without hesitation.

Submitted by Robert B (Son-in-law of resident & daughter of resident) on Monday 8 October 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

(please write a short headline summary)

Care Assistant

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Tunbridge Wells , Kent

15 Sep 2014

Staff Nurse

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Tunbridge Wells , Kent

15 Sep 2014

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Firtree House Care Home with Nursing