Firtree House Care Home with Nursing, Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Firtree House Care Home with Nursing
Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Tel: 0808 137 1506

Firtree House Care Home with Nursing is located in an attractive residential area, close to the centre of Tunbridge Wells in Kent. Its location affords many shops and amenities within close proximity enabling residents the opportunity of maintaining close links with the local community.

Firtree House is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide both short and long term nursing care to elderly people. Our home manager has developed an excellent reputation for Firtree House, which is highly regarded by healthcare purchasers and private individuals.

Firtree House is an attractive property that was sympathetically converted and extended into a care home in 1960, since its conversion the home has undergone a major refurbishment plan and now provides an attractive, safe and stable environment in which staff and residents are actively involved in the day to day decision making of the home.

This attractive period property provides a choice of single or companion bedrooms, many of which have en suite facilities. All bedrooms are individually decorated and comfortably furnished, and residents are welcome to personalise their rooms with the addition of personal mementos and small pieces of furniture to ease the transition of the move into a care home.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jackie Cullip (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Firtree House Care Home with Nursing: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 04 Jul 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Tuesday 10 June 2014 by Deborah G (Daughter of resident)

Although my father was only resident for a month before he died, he was comfortable, warm, well fed and well looked after. Living so far away it was difficult to make arrangements to see my father often so it was a blessing he was happy at Fir Tree House

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Wednesday 21 May 2014 by Jean Foster (Wife of Resident)

Nice home, nice people. Frank is happy here. The conservatory is very nice it can accommodate a large amount of family members which is ideal. I would recommend this nursing home.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 19 May 2014 by Eunice Baker (Wife of resident)

I find all the staff very friendly and helpful. They are always there to help my husband when needed. The manager always takes time to talk when I have needed her and is the same with my husband. I have been happy with my husband's stay at 'Firs' since Sept 2013, even though I would rather he was at home with me, but know that is not possible now.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Friday 29 November 2013 by Wendy Keeves (Mother-in-law (resident))

The care my mother-in-law received was excellent. Everything I asked for was done. Jackie was always approachable and happy to listen. The staff were always happy to help and very cheerful. The home overall was always clean and tidy. I thought my mother-in-law was happy here and would recommend this home to anyone.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Tuesday 26 November 2013 by Pauline Davis (Daughter of resident)

Firtree house is a home from home environment with extremely caring staff

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Friday 7 June 2013 by John F (Son of resident)

Wonderful home, excellent staff and a lovely caring manager.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Friday 7 June 2013 by Anne W (Niece of resident)

I can not wish for a better home than Firtree for my auntie, my aunt has just had her 98th birthday and Firtree's provided her with a wonderful party and all the family were welcomed. We had such a lovely time. Thank you Firetree.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 27 May 2013 by Yvonne Bartolome (Niece of resident)

Very friendly well run establishment. The staff couldn't do enough when it was my aunt's 98th birthday. They made sure the event would be remembered for all the right reasons. When you hear of so many badly run and abusive homes it makes a change to find one that is as good as this. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a care home for a treasured relative.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Thursday 25 April 2013 by Yvonne Wilson (Wife of resident)

My husband is very happy here. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The meals are very varied and he always says how nice they are. Jackie is always very helpful and is often available for us to talk to even if she is busy she will make time. I am always made welcome and included in my husband's care.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Thursday 25 April 2013 by Pat Swindells (Relative of resident)

Just a wonderful, homely, caring place - we were so lucky to find a well run home.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 22 April 2013 by Dorothy Weller (Daughter of resident)

While my mother was a resident at Firtree House, she was treated with the utmost respect and care. The staff were wonderful to her, always friendly and courteous. I would recommend Firtree House to anyone.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 19 November 2012 by John R (Son/Nephew of two residents)

My uncle was admitted to Firtrees last year and my family and I could not believe how well he is looked after. The manager and staff are very caring, lovely people who always have a smile for us and I know that can't always be easy in the job they do. I was so impressed with Firtrees that I have now been lucky enough to place my mother here as I know these people will love and care for her as they do all their residents.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 8 October 2012 by Robert B (Son-in-law of resident & daughter of resident)

Firtree House is located in a quiet neighbourhood amongst pleasant surrounds. The home has a friendly and homely atmosphere. The staff and management are all very caring, helpful and friendly. We would recommend this home to anyone without hesitation.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Wednesday 19 September 2012 by Hazel E (Wife of Resident)

My husband is a resident here and he loves his room. The staff are wonderful and Jackie the manager is so caring towards the residents and her staff. Everyone at Firtrees are always kind and courteous and make me feel welcome when I come to visit.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Wednesday 19 September 2012 by Philip C (Son of late resident)

Excellent care and nursing, very clean and good food.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Tuesday 28 August 2012 by Jill P (Closest friends of two residents (husband & wife))

Our closest friends, Janet & Jim L are both residents in Firtree Nursing Home. Sadly Janet had a stroke 4 years ago in Sept and Jim whilst visiting her two years ago had a stroke also. They have rooms next to each other and the staff at the home do everything they can to oblige with their need to remain as close as possible. Janet can be difficult both mentally and physically, but she is treated with compassion and consideration by very caring staff. Jim is still mentally able but not physically. The staff do everything for him and most importantly they have conversation and humour with him. I cannot praise the home and it's staff enough. I know our dear friends are as comfortable as is possible and are well nourished and cared for.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Thursday 23 August 2012 by Serena A (Friend of Resident)

I visit the home often, and I am very impressed by the care. The staff show great care and respect for the residents and a wonderful happy atmosphere is felt.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Thursday 23 August 2012 by Kay A (Daughter of Resident)

Caring and trustworthy staff. Cheerful and relaxed atmosphere.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Monday 20 August 2012 by Michael G (Son of Resident)

The home was always very welcoming and friendly towards patients, family and friends. Visiting was ever so flexible. Anyone needing a placement, these are top people.

Review of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing on Friday 3 August 2012 by Ivy S (Resident)

As a resident at Firtree House I would highly recommend the home. The staff are kind and caring and patient. Jackie the manager is wonderful and kind and has a lovely family who have helped me greatly.

Submit a Recommendation for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Firtree House Care Home with Nursing and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Firtree House Care Home with Nursing

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Firtree House Care Home with Nursing