Halliwell Care Home, Tunbridge Wells, Kent

Halliwell Care Home, in Tunbridge Wells, is from the portfolio of Elizabeth Finn, respected by the care sector for the high standards of nursing and personal care it achieves within homely living environments.

The team focuses on care packages that are appropriate to individual need, while supporting active lifestyles and the pursuit of sound mental health.

The home was purpose-built in attractive surroundings, offers lift access to all floors and includes a call system that allows residents to reach skilled carers from anywhere in the grounds.

Group: Elizabeth Finn Homes Ltd

Person in charge: Gillian Forsyth (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 64 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: primarily for professional people / British citizen. Ages 60+.

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £995 – £1025 Nursing Care Single £1200 – £1325

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Halliwell Care Home: click here

posted 04 Aug 2015

Nursing, Personal Care, Respite and Convalesent Care

The user 'Review Score' (9.3 for Halliwell Care Home) is based on 12 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Halliwell Care Home

We have used Halliwell from time to time as respite care for my mother who is extremely infirm. The care is exceptional, the staff are great. They are interested, enthusiastic and caring. We have also used the Halliwell for post operative care to help get mum back on her feet. Their care has enabled this very wobbly 87 year old to return to her own home, where she is supported by her family plus carers. No doubt we will call on them again in due course..

Gillian Forsyth, General Manager at Halliwell Care Home responded to this review on 28 Aug 2015:

Thank you very much for this lovely review and I will pass on to the team.

Halliwell Care Home

I was more than satisfied with my husbands care he couldn't have been in a better place but a few things weren't right so I haven't put excellent on all counts. Everybody there was kind, helpful, cheerful but sometimes it took rather a long time for anybody to respond to the bell for attention the catering was not always up to scratch. My husband has now passed away.

How likely would you be to recommend Halliwell Care Home? Extremely likely

Gillian Forsyth, General Manager at Halliwell Care Home responded to this review on 12 Aug 2015:

It is very pleasing to see you have awarded Halliwell an “Excellent” in overall Standard of Care. I appreciate your bringing to our attention the slow response to the call bell that you had experienced and as a result we have been able to put new measures into place to ensure that this will not be repeated. We are very grateful for your valuable contribution to our ‘Friends of Halliwell’ team which is very much appreciated. It is lovely to see a family member join the group as it means that they have formed a valuable bond with our other Residents, Families and Staff. Thank you for you continued support and for your lovely comments.

Halliwell Care Home

Having done some research into the (well supplied) homes of Tunbridge Wells my mother chose this home for its bright, clean and friendly atmosphere as well as proximity and familiarity. My brothers and I were pleasantly surprised by the quality and friendliness of the dining room but also by the personal attention of the staff who would keep us well informed and be genuinely nice to our mother as well as professional.

Halliwell Care Home

My mother was a resident at Halliwell from October 2014 to June 2015. The whole building is modern and very well maintained it has a very good and welcoming feel to it. The staff are efficient, very professional, kind and caring. They treat the residents with kindness and respect. Facilities are very good and residents are encouraged to join in the various activities. Food is excellent and visitors can join residents for lunch. All in my mother loved her time at Halliwell and regarded it as her home.

Halliwell Care Home

My father received excellent care during the three years that he stayed.

Halliwell Care Home

My father was adamant that he wouldn't go into a nursing home. Sadly, he reached a point where he had no choice. The care he was given was amazing. He was treated with such care, nothing was too much trouble - it was given with a feeling of being a part of a family - which included us too. Ultimately he was telling us that they were all wonderful, an accolade that only those nursing my father should know how good they must have been!!

Halliwell Care Home

My aunt needed 24 hour care and she was well looked after, shown respect at all times, made comfortable and it was a spotless environment. Therefore, we never had any concerns about her welfare at any time. The staff were excellent and friendly and a credit to the company.

Gillian Forsyth, General Manager at Halliwell Care Home responded to this review on 17 Jul 2015:

Thank you so much. It is always lovely for the team to be recognised for their dedication and hard work. Exceptional care for the individual takes hard work from a qualified professional team that really cares for residents as well as their family and friends. There is nothing more rewarding than making a difference in peoples lives and we continue to strive to give outstanding care. Gillian Forsyth General Manager

Halliwell Care Home

My husband was there for a couple of years. He was treated well medically and sympathetically.

Halliwell Care Home

Mum lived at Halliwell for three and a half years and received excellent care throughout. Halliwell is clean, smart, friendly, homely and very professional, with very good carers, nurses and domestic staff. My sister and I had great confidence in being away from Mum for several weeks at a time. A delightful home with a lovely atmosphere.

Halliwell Care Home

After an indepth search for a care home for my mother I narrowed it down to four. My brother and I visited all four and chose Halliwell. We have never regretted our choice. Halliewell is tops for everything and my mother could not have been happier. I would recommend Halliwell to anyone who asks me. My mother died aged 101 and had a happy end to her life thanks to Halliwell.

Halliwell Care Home

My husband was treated with excellent kindly care throughout his stay here. He did not take part in any activities as he was too ill.

Halliwell Care Home

A wonderful sunny place - Very light and spacious. Staff were all lovely and genuinely caring. The other residents all spoke very highly of Halliwell and my father really enjoyed his stay. Thank you

Submit a Review for Halliwell Care Home

August 2012

Gold Standard End of Life Care

Recipient: Halliwell Care Home

Date: Wednesday 01 Aug 2012

There are no jobs posted yet for Halliwell Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Halliwell Care Home