Kippington Care Home with Nursing, Sevenoaks, Kent

Kippington Care Home with Nursing is a converted Victorian property, with scenic surroundings and located a short distance from the market town of Sevenoaks. Its proximity to the centre of town makes Kippington fully accessible to local shops and amenities. The home is set within landscaped gardens with views which extend for nearly two miles.

Formerly known as Kippington Grange, this fine house was originally built in 1874 as a grand private family home. Steeped in history and provenance, the house is reputed to have had connections with Thomas Farnaby who sailed with Sir Francis Drake, and Jane Austen who frequented the area to visit her uncle, Frances Motley-Austin, a resident of the area.

In 1952 the house was converted into a care home of distinction whilst retaining many of its period features. The home has been carefully designed to provide up to the minute care facilities of the highest quality to ensure comfort and care.

The transition into a care home can be challenging for both an individual and their family. Caring Homes recognises this and provides a working partnership that upholds the values of dignity, privacy, choice and independence with the aim of providing practical assistance to the individual.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kippington Care Home with Nursing: click here

posted 24 Aug 2015

Please call 01732 451 829 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Kippington.

The user 'Review Score' (9.2 for Kippington Care Home with Nursing) is based on 16 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I have found that my mother has been treated with respect, care and dignity. All the staff including agency staff when used are kind, thoughtful and caring especially with mum's end of life, care is paramount importance to mum, myself and the home itself.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I found this homes care for the elderly very good. All staff treating my mother in law are very caring towards her. They treat her with love and dignity, I could not ask for any better.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

A friendly caring and well run nursing/care home.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

My mother spent the last 8 weeks of her life at Kippington. I feel that I could not have found anywhere better for the care, consideration and compassion shown to my mother and visiting family.The home is situated in a peaceful part of Sevenoaks, is well maintained and access is straightforward with key code entry. I would not hesitate in recommending this home.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

My mum suffered a major stroke in Sept. 2014, leaving her unable to speak, swallow of move her right side. After eight weeks in hospital, we arranged for her to move to Kippington which seemed to be the best choice of homes we looked at.Mum moved to Kippington in Nov 2014 and passed away in Jan 2015. Mum's condition meant she needed a lot of attention incl. feeding via a peg. The standard of care and love shown to mum were superb, and we will be forever grateful to the staff and manager. The family spent mum's last days with her and we really appreciated the kindness of the staff, tea/coffee and toast.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

My mother spent the final 8 weeks of her life at Kippington, following a severe stroke and a long hospital stay. She was totally bedridden and did not eat solid food or use any facilities. The care she received from the carers, nurses and management was totally first rate. I do not think my mother could have had better treatment and care. The staff were always willing to discuss and explain anything of concern, The building is old but clean and nicely decorated and thus has plenty of character. It was a place I was happy to visit.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

My father in law is very happy here. He is well looked after by friendly, helpful staff.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Mum has not been a resident for long, the nursing staff has shown itself to be first class. When there is a medical need they act quickly to solve mum's problem. I am very satisfied with the care given.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Yvonne very helpful and considerate.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

The time spent and courtesy provided by Yvonne was first class. She is very helpful and considerate.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I viewed 13 homes and I am pleased I choose this one. I visit a lot and all staff are very good to my mother and nice to me. Her room is small but she spends her time downstairs. The dining room is clean and bright the food is excellent and I can eat with her for £5 a meal. Over all a nice home. My mother is 97.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Everyone worries when the time comes for a relative to go into a nursing home but the kindness and professionalism of every single member of staff really helps to put your mind at rest. The rooms are all a good size and the communal spaces are bright and happy places to be. I cannot imagine my father being anywhere else.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I visit a resident here occasionally and had a conversation with her and a friend before filling in this form. My impressions when I visit are good. I see a clean and well run home with helpful staff, and my friend is receiving good care, and is very happy here.

Caring and helpful.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Everything is done for you. If you're in trouble they help you out. What else could you wish for? This is my home.

Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I like it. It's one of those places you take to. I recommended it to my friend and she's hoping to come here.

Submit a Review for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Home Manager - Kippington

Competitive Salary (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered General Nurse

£13.00 - £14.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Yvonne

Yvonne Fenn

Joined: 2014

Hi
My name is Yvonne Fenn and I am the new manager of Kippington care home.
As the new manager of this characterful home, I am looking forward to working with the existing staff team to deliver the highest standard of care and support for our residents.

I am proud to say that I have amassed a wide range of experience across a variety of healthcare roles in my career. Prior to moving into the care home sector, I worked as a District Nursing Sister in North West Kent, before becoming a Community Matron and finally managing the District Nursing service in the East End of London.

In my capacity as Lead Nurse for the London Borough of Newham, I was privileged to lead the largest randomised control trial undertaken for ‘Whole System Demonstrator’, which looked at using technology in order to promote independent living with long term conditions.

All of this experience has seen me adopt a proactive approach to care provision. I firmly believe in involving our residents and their relatives in every aspect of daily life and I understand the important role this dialogue plays in the successful running of a care home.

‘I am really looking forward to building on the strong reputation that Kippington has developed and creating a close-knit community for our residents and their loved ones.’
Away from work, I like to spend my time following my beloved West Ham United, along with the more relaxing pursuits of reading and holidays, especially when the two are combined!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kippington Care Home with Nursing