Kippington Care Home with Nursing, Sevenoaks, Kent

Kippington Care Home with Nursing is a converted Victorian property, with scenic surroundings and located a short distance from the market town of Sevenoaks. Its proximity to the centre of town makes Kippington fully accessible to local shops and amenities. The home is set within landscaped gardens with views which extend for nearly two miles.

Formerly known as Kippington Grange, this fine house was originally built in 1874 as a grand private family home. Steeped in history and provenance, the house is reputed to have had connections with Thomas Farnaby who sailed with Sir Francis Drake, and Jane Austen who frequented the area to visit her uncle, Frances Motley-Austin, a resident of the area.

In 1952 the house was converted into a care home of distinction whilst retaining many of its period features. The home has been carefully designed to provide up to the minute care facilities of the highest quality to ensure comfort and care.

The transition into a care home can be challenging for both an individual and their family. Caring Homes recognises this and provides a working partnership that upholds the values of dignity, privacy, choice and independence with the aim of providing practical assistance to the individual.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Raj Dinya (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Drug Dependence (past or present) • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Spina Bifida & Hydrocephalus • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kippington Care Home with Nursing: click here

The user Review Score of 9.1 for Kippington Care Home with Nursing is based on 15 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.056 is made up of 4.479 Points relating to the ratings and 4.577 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I usually wait for a long time when I press the button, this is possibly due to the carers not given sufficient time per resident and due to insufficient staffing. I cannot comment on the activities as I do not participate due to my loss of sight and hearing difficulties. With reference to the food many dishes are not suitable for my age group 95 and are usually cold. The carers are very good and treat me well.

How likely would you be to recommend Kippington Care Home with Nursing? Likely

Anne Benstead, Home Manager at Kippington Care Home with Nursing responded to this review on 10 Dec 2015:

Thank you for your feedback. At Kippington Care Home we strive to improve the services that we provide and value any comments made so we are able to do so. We pride ourselves on providing varied choices for each of our residents whilst maintaining their individual requirements. We will arrange for the chef to meet with you so that we are able to find out what your food preferences are and make sure that they are available in future. I would like to assure you that we do have sufficient staff on duty for the needs of our residents and review our staffing numbers on a monthly basis; so that we are able to provide person centred care and spend valuable time with our residents. We always welcome the opportunity to review and improve upon what we offer and hope you will share your thoughts with us in the home.

I have found that my mother has been treated with respect, care and dignity. All the staff including agency staff when used are kind, thoughtful and caring especially with mum's end of life, care is paramount importance to mum, myself and the home itself.

I found this homes care for the elderly very good. All staff treating my mother in law are very caring towards her. They treat her with love and dignity, I could not ask for any better.

A friendly caring and well run nursing/care home.

My mother spent the last 8 weeks of her life at Kippington. I feel that I could not have found anywhere better for the care, consideration and compassion shown to my mother and visiting family.The home is situated in a peaceful part of Sevenoaks, is well maintained and access is straightforward with key code entry. I would not hesitate in recommending this home.

My mum suffered a major stroke in Sept. 2014, leaving her unable to speak, swallow of move her right side. After eight weeks in hospital, we arranged for her to move to Kippington which seemed to be the best choice of homes we looked at.Mum moved to Kippington in Nov 2014 and passed away in Jan 2015. Mum's condition meant she needed a lot of attention incl. feeding via a peg.
The standard of care and love shown to mum were superb, and we will be forever grateful to the staff and manager. The family spent mum's last days with her and we really appreciated the kindness of the staff, tea/coffee and toast.

My mother spent the final 8 weeks of her life at Kippington, following a severe stroke and a long hospital stay. She was totally bedridden and did not eat solid food or use any facilities. The care she received from the carers, nurses and management was totally first rate. I do not think my mother could have had better treatment and care. The staff were always willing to discuss and explain anything of concern, The building is old but clean and nicely decorated and thus has plenty of character. It was a place I was happy to visit.

My father in law is very happy here. He is well looked after by friendly, helpful staff.

Mum has not been a resident for long, the nursing staff has shown itself to be first class. When there is a medical need they act quickly to solve mum's problem. I am very satisfied with the care given.

Yvonne very helpful and considerate.

The time spent and courtesy provided by Yvonne was first class. She is very helpful and considerate.

I viewed 13 homes and I am pleased I choose this one. I visit a lot and all staff are very good to my mother and nice to me. Her room is small but she spends her time downstairs. The dining room is clean and bright the food is excellent and I can eat with her for £5 a meal. Over all a nice home. My mother is 97.

Everyone worries when the time comes for a relative to go into a nursing home but the kindness and professionalism of every single member of staff really helps to put your mind at rest. The rooms are all a good size and the communal spaces are bright and happy places to be. I cannot imagine my father being anywhere else.

I visit a resident here occasionally and had a conversation with her and a friend before filling in this form. My impressions when I visit are good. I see a clean and well run home with helpful staff, and my friend is receiving good care, and is very happy here.

Caring and helpful.

Submit a Review for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Registered General Nurse

£13.00 - £14.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Sevenoaks, Kent

Care Assistant - Days and Nights

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)
Sevenoaks, Kent

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kippington Care Home with Nursing