Kippington Care Home with Nursing, Sevenoaks, Kent
Kippington Care Home with Nursing
Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Tel: 0808 137 1509

Kippington Care Home with Nursing is a large Victorian house, which has been converted into a well-presented care home with nursing. It is located in close proximity to the pleasant market town of Sevenoaks in the beautiful county of Kent, known as the Garden of England. Its proximity to the centre of town makes Kippington fully accessible to local shops and amenities. The home is set within landscaped gardens with views which extend for nearly two miles.

Formerly known as Kippington Grange, this fine house was originally built in 1874 as a grand private family home. Steeped in history and provenance, the house is reputed to have had connections with Thomas Farnaby who sailed with Sir Francis Drake, and Jane Austen who frequented the area to visit her uncle, Frances Motley-Austin, a resident of the area.

In 1952 the house was converted into a care home of distinction whilst retaining many of its period features. The home has been carefully designed to provide up to the minute care facilities of the highest quality to ensure comfort and care.

The transition into a care home can be challenging for both an individual and their family. Caring Homes recognises this and provides a working partnership that upholds the values of dignity, privacy, choice and independence with the aim of providing practical assistance to the individual moving to our home.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Yvonne Fenn (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Kent County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Prader-Willi Syndrome • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Kippington Care Home with Nursing: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Kippington Care Home with Nursing

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 26 Nov 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.9 for Kippington Care Home with Nursing) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Yvonne very helpful and considerate.

Submitted by Suzanne Nolan (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 3 December 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

The time spent and courtesy provided by Yvonne was first class. She is very helpful and considerate.

Submitted by Clive Nolan (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 3 December 2014.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I viewed 13 homes and I am pleased I choose this one. I visit a lot and all staff are very good to my mother and nice to me. Her room is small but she spends her time downstairs. The dining room is clean and bright the food is excellent and I can eat with her for £5 a meal. Over all a nice home. My mother is 97.

Submitted by Janet Ellis (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 3 December 2014. Review relates to November 2014.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Everyone worries when the time comes for a relative to go into a nursing home but the kindness and professionalism of every single member of staff really helps to put your mind at rest. The rooms are all a good size and the communal spaces are bright and happy places to be. I cannot imagine my father being anywhere else.

Submitted by Annie T (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 26 June 2014.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I visit a resident here occasionally and had a conversation with her and a friend before filling in this form. My impressions when I visit are good. I see a clean and well run home with helpful staff, and my friend is receiving good care, and is very happy here.

Submitted by Janet G (Visitor) on Thursday 19 June 2014.

Caring and helpful.

Submitted by Ian Lane (Friend of resident) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Everything is done for you. If you're in trouble they help you out. What else could you wish for? This is my home.

Submitted by George R (Resident) on Tuesday 26 November 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I like it. It's one of those places you take to. I recommended it to my friend and she's hoping to come here.

Submitted by Elsie N (Resident) on Tuesday 26 November 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

My sisters are well looked after. Staff are friendly and kind. I can always see someone in higher authority if I ask for an appointment.

Submitted by B. Strudwick (Sister of 2 residents) on Monday 19 August 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Yes I would recommend Kippington.

Submitted by Susan B (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 12 June 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

The staff at Kippington really are very kind and caring and nothing is ever too much trouble. Very friendly and welcoming. I would fully recommend this nursing home to anyone needing this service. First class.

Submitted by Sherry Griffin (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 11 June 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

There always seems to be a happy positive atmosphere in the home. Residents have a choice to join in different activities that are organised. There seems to be a good food choice and attention to detail with flowers on the dinning tables and fruit in the fruit bowls, help make it welcoming and homely. The two resident cats are also entertaining! Staff all seem to be doing a good job and always have a smile. Keep up the good work and a big thank you to all.

Submitted by Debra W (Daughter of resident) on Monday 13 May 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

The care part should be underlined because it's more important here than anything else.

Submitted by Barbara Robbins (Resident) on Monday 13 May 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I would recommend Kippington because of the staff. The are wonderful.

Submitted by Hilda N (Resident) on Tuesday 30 April 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

I would recommend because I liked the look of the place as soon as I came, the staff were so friendly and always have been. A very good service.

Submitted by Norman S (Resident) on Tuesday 30 April 2013.

Review of Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Mother has settled in well and is happy with her room and the facilities available within the nursing home. The staff of all ranges (nursing, caring and domestic) are all very attentive and create a most acceptable and pleasing environment. Various activities and entertainment are arranged for the residents which they get involved in. I have no hesitation in recommending Kippington Nursing Home, who look after my mother to a high standard.

Submitted by Derek N (Son of resident) on Monday 29 April 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Kippington Care Home with Nursing

Competitive

03 Dec 2014

Staff Nurse

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

25 Nov 2014

Yvonne

Yvonne Fenn

Joined: 2014

Hi
My name is Yvonne Fenn and I am the new manager of Kippington care home.
As the new manager of this characterful home, I am looking forward to working with the existing staff team to deliver the highest standard of care and support for our residents.

I am proud to say that I have amassed a wide range of experience across a variety of healthcare roles in my career. Prior to moving into the care home sector, I worked as a District Nursing Sister in North West Kent, before becoming a Community Matron and finally managing the District Nursing service in the East End of London.

In my capacity as Lead Nurse for the London Borough of Newham, I was privileged to lead the largest randomised control trial undertaken for ‘Whole System Demonstrator’, which looked at using technology in order to promote independent living with long term conditions.

All of this experience has seen me adopt a proactive approach to care provision. I firmly believe in involving our residents and their relatives in every aspect of daily life and I understand the important role this dialogue plays in the successful running of a care home.

‘I am really looking forward to building on the strong reputation that Kippington has developed and creating a close-knit community for our residents and their loved ones.’
Away from work, I like to spend my time following my beloved West Ham United, along with the more relaxing pursuits of reading and holidays, especially when the two are combined!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Kippington Care Home with Nursing