Brookfield Christian Care Home, Oxford, Oxfordshire

Brookfield Christian Care Home is known for offering specialist support for a range of nursing and respite services, including for mental health complications, in particular forms of dementia. Brookfield has 33 places for dementia nursing and 33 general nursing places.

The service is organised so as to support individuals in achieving an independent lifestyle, encouraging the practice of life skills, while carers follow efficient and effective methods.

One-to-one sessions are beneficial for those with dementia and an activities programme and flexible food menu are enjoyed by all.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Wendy Champion (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 66 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Younger Adults

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Brookfield Christian Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.7 for Brookfield Christian Care Home is based on 11 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.727 is made up of 4.424 Points relating to the ratings and 4.303 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother was admitted to Brookfield in February 2015 when the Hospital expected her to have only a few weeks left to live.
Everyone at the home made me feel at home straightaway and sorted out a GP for my mother. Her room was up to the best hotel standards and nothing was too much trouble. Her health and condition improved almost at once. In fact I was given nearly a year extra of being with her thanks to Brookfield.
I always found it a pleasure to visit the Home and everyone greeted me as part of their family. Nothing was too much trouble. The people who looked after my mother got to know her really well. I have left photos that I took every month to show how happy she had become.
When the time came for her to pass away this was handled with care and compassion. I was given all the time I needed to cope. Some of the excellent staff even took time out to join me at her funeral. I could ask nothing more than I and my mother were given. It is to the credit of the Hospital social worker that she found this home for my mother.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookfield Christian Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 11 Jan 2016:

Thank you for taking time to write this lovely review of the care and support your Mother received at Brookfield Care Home. It is wonderful to hear that you and your Mother were able to have an extra year of happiness together and of how well the staff got to know you both. I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team whom I feel sure will be delighted to receive them.

My father staying here was totally inappropriate, this care home is unable to deal with all types of dementia or challenging behaviour.
My father was moved as soon as possible as the staff were unable to cope with him.
The upstairs of this care home is extremely sad.

How likely would you be to recommend Brookfield Christian Care Home? Extremely UNLIKELY

Overall Standard: Very Poor

Food & Drink: Very Poor

Activities: Very Poor

Rooms: Very Poor

Value for Money: Very Poor

I am sorry to hear that you are so unhappy with the care your Father received at Brookfield Care Home. As you are aware, despite our best efforts there were reasons why we could no longer care for your Father and I am sorry that he needed to move to another home in October. The room you chose for your Father was one of our large newly refurbished rooms and I am saddened to read that you felt these facilities were very poor.

I do hope that your Father has settled well into his new home and is receiving the level of support that he requires.

My mother has had difficulty in settling in. The staff here have treated her gently and encouraged her to be confident. This culminated in her key worker taking her out for lunch and shopping, the transformation is becoming apparent. After many years of struggling at home she now looks pretty, well looked after and cared for. I can't sing the staff praises highly enough. Thank you for caring.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 26 Nov 2015:

Thank you for writing to tell us of your Mother's transformation. It is great to hear of her budding confidence and that she is getting out and about. We have a very caring staff team who try and encourage and reassure our new residents, they will be delighted with your comments.

My grandma is happy, comfortable and well looked after she'd be the first to say otherwise but always sings the praises of staff and food. Everyone is wonderful. Home very clean.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 20 Nov 2015:

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your Grandma's care at Brookfield Care Home. It is great to hear that she is so comfortable and happy and enjoying the food that the team provide.

My Nan was only at Brookfield a short time but it was the happiest I have seen her in a long time. The staff were lovely and very welcoming. When Nan became poorly, the staff when above and beyond. Even in her last few days when all the family were staying they provided us with food and beds. we got to spend those last precious moments with Nan. We are forever grateful. Care staff gave my Nan the best end of life care. This is an experience we will all go through and I am so so thankful my Nan's was a good one.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 02 Nov 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review the care and support your Nan received at Brookfield’s. It is lovely to hear that she was happy and that we managed to achieve a good end of life for her and the family. I will pass on your comments to the staff team who I am sure will be delighted with them.

Brookfields has been a wonderful home to my father since February 2014, when my mother was taken ill and subsequently died. It became clear that Dad needed to be cared for as he was suffering from mild dementia, and we have never regretted choosing Brookfields. The staff are friendly, compassionate and professional. Everyone from senior staff to the cleaners are really good to dad, and he is happy to be living there. when we take him out for a drive around he always says 'home sweet home'' on returning. Thank you Brookfields.

It is wonderful to hear how happy your Father is living at Brookfield. It's reassuring to hear such positive comments from relatives and I will be sure to pass them onto our hardworking staff team, thank you.

My Dad has been at Brookfield for eighteen months. After Mum died it became obvious Dad could no longer live alone. With Brookfield's help my Dad has gone from being a stressed unhappy man to a relaxed happy person who always has a ready smile and is cheerful, he will be the first to tell you he is happy at Brookfield. I am always made welcome and visit often. The staff look after Dad well. Thank you Brookfield for making Dads life happy.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 30 Oct 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your Dad's progress since he came to live at Brookfield, it is great to hear how happy he is. Its lovely to hear that he is much less stressed since he came to live with us and I will be sure to tell the staff about your lovely comments.

The care shown to our Mother and her family during her time at the home by its staff was outstanding during her final days and hours the dignity and respect given to us and our mother was amazing nothing was to much trouble from feeding us all and providing beds so we could stay at the home by her side during that precious time. Members of staff even finishing a night shift and returning to provide her the care she deserved they went above and beyond what was expected. We thank you all from the bottom of our hearts and will be forever in your debt

Thank you for taking the time to review the care and support that your Mother received at Brookfield Care Home. I am reassured to hear that we were able to meet the needs of your Mother and the family and that we helped to facilitate the best end of life journey she could have had in the circumstances.

We have a very committed team of care staff at Brookfield and I will be sure to let them know about the lovely comments you have made.

Brookfield Nursing home became my mums home for the last 10 months of her life. She was always treated with respect and love. Her dignity was kept throughout. The 'carers' were true to their name and nursing staff provided the highest of medical attention. We as a family were always made so very welcome and even now after her passing away this continues. During my stay we visited her daily, were included in activities and again continue to be active members and fund raisers for the activity committee.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 07 Aug 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to add such positive comments regarding the care your Mum received at Brookfield. I will pass on your feedback to our staff.

My father was resident in Brookfield for five years until his death in 31st May 2015. His changeable behaviour was dealt with very well by staff. His dignity was respected. His wife was well looked after when she visited. The support, comfort and help given to his family during the last few weeks of his life was unbelievably good. So much compassion and understanding freely given was very much appreciated.

Wendy Champion, Home Manager at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 27 Jul 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to review the care that your loved one received at Brookfield care home. It is heartening to hear that our staff team were able to provide you with support, comfort and understanding during the last few weeks of your father's life. It is also great to hear that you felt your father and his wife were well cared for during the time that Brookfield was his home.
Comments such as these are very motivational to our staff team and are very much appreciated

Thank you once again.

I think we picked the best home for my mother. She is much happier and she loves the carers. My mum was so lonely after my dad died, then she got very ill so they said the best place for her would be in a home. I visit three times a week. She looks forward to that and my brothers come when they can. Thank you so much for looking after her.

at Brookfield Christian Care Home responded to this review on 24 Jul 2015:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the care your mother is receiving at Brookfield care home. It is never an easy decision to go into a care home when you need that extra bit of support so I am very pleased to hear that your mother is much happier and loving her care staff. I will pass your comments onto the care team who I feel sure will be delighted to hear them.

Submit a Review for Brookfield Christian Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Brookfield Christian Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Brookfield Christian Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Brookfield Christian Care Home