Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

Huntercombe Place, Nuffield, Henley-on-Thames RG9 5SE

Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

Huntercombe Hall is located in the beautiful village of Nuffield and is close to the picturesque towns of Nettlebed, Wallingford and a 15 minute drive from Henley on Thames. Located just off the A4130 Huntercombe is well located for shops, facilities and amenities whilst enjoying views over rural countryside and woodland

This elegant Victorian Manor House provides light and attractive accommodation over two floors which comprises of 42 single en-suite rooms.

Huntercombe Hall is a stunning Victorian property that has been sympathetically converted in to a care home of distinction and is stooped in history and provenance. Reputed to have been a former interrogation centre during World War 2, Huntercombe is believed to have been the venue of Rudolf Hess’s interrogation as well as many other high ranking Nazi officers.

The Hall provides light and attractive accommodation over two floors with a grand sweeping oak staircase and lift linking the ground and first floor making all areas of the home accessible.

The grounds at Huntercombe Hall provide a haven of wildlife and an idyllic location for residents. The home is surrounded by large landscaped gardens with level lawns which are ideal for residents to enjoy during the summer months.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Jane Andrews (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 42 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing: click here

The user Review Score of 9.9 for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing is based on 24 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.866 is made up of 4.866 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My husband has been a resident at the home for a year. I had to move him from another home because I was not happy with the care he was getting. Since he has been at Huntercombe he has been happy and well cared for. I am happy with the care he has received.

Husband has used Huntercombe Hall for respite several times over the last three years. Therefore after a five week stay in hospital he needed full time residential care Huntercombe Hall was my first choice for him and fortunately a room was available. He has always been made very welcome by the excellent. He has always been made very welcome by the excellent staff and has settled in extremely well. After only one week in Hunterscombe he improved so much but wont be able to come back home. The whole family are very happy that he is receiving such good care.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing? Extremely LIKELY

Exceptional care, the staff and manger have a wonderful rapport with the clients/residents, it is a very happy environment. We know our mother is in safe hands.

I think the team at Huntercombe House are excellent and really take good care of my mum. I would like to mention my mum's nurse, she goes beyond and takes real care of my mother. Mum is very happy there and we are very pleased she is in a safe place and being well looked after. Thank you.

Hunterombe is part of Nuffield Parish Church: So we have regular church services with the vicar taking communion once a month. Several of the church members come to support this service and chat with the residents.
Every Thursday afternoon three of us come to help with the gardening club, keeping hanging baskets, flowers arranging, front porch gardens, patio and century gardens in good order some residents watch while others participate. Also we have quizzes, make cards etc.

The care in the home is very good.

My mum has been in the home for eight years and is very happy.

I love my room with the door to the garden. Everyone is very friendly and helpful at the home. I love it at Huntercombe it is a pretty top place to live.

How likely would you be to recommend Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing? Likely

The home is a 100 year old building set in the most beautiful grounds set on a hill. The regime within the home is very relaxed, with all the staff from the home manager to the workers in the laundry, all welcoming and most helpful. There are plenty of activities and in house entertainment, also visits out to places of interest.

My father has been at Huntercombe Hall for over one year and we are very happy with the care and attention he has received from all the staff. My mother used to visit very regularly my father and ate with him. When my mother could no longer cope at home she asked to move into the home with dad as he is very happy at Huntercombe. I would highly recommend Huntercombe to anybody that is thinking of going into care.

Perfectly happy. Go out from time to time. I like my room. I have made friends with other residents and enjoy the arts and crafts activities. I enjoy talking to the receptionist about my life and going for walks around the grounds with her. Chat to carers daily who are friendly and kind to me.

I have just moved into Huntercombe Hall as I could no longer cope at home by myself. This was not difficult decision as my husband had received excellent care over the last year. I am settling in very well.

Wonderful staff very friendly and helpful and most of all care about their residents in difficult circumstances. Lovely location, very clean would definitely recommend to any family in this situation.

Arrived here 07/05/15 direct from John Radcliffe Oxford after nearly dying in there, then saving after many months of care and their recommendation I was sent here for strict medical supervision, as I was never going to be strong enough to run a home. I loved here on sight, but I was in a very disinterested state (not at all like me!). Given into the care of Luis, who with immense patience brought me back to "me" and saved my life. Taught me to walk again with a metal frame, even though my legs were still paralysed. My husband and our son thanked him for saving my life, as I do obviously!

My father was a resident from May 2006 until he passed away in January 2015. He enjoyed his time at the home where he was well looked after and had no cause to complain, which gave me some comfort knowing he was happy.

My husband was resident here for nearly six months where he was looked after very well and the care and compassion shown to both him and my family in the last month was exceptional. We couldn't have wished for more. The manager, nurses and doctor are excellent. I also found the secretary helpful to me with the odd queries and receptionist welcoming, bright and cheerful. I did have reservations with several foreign staff but they were kind and caring which overcame this!

Huntercombe have excellent staff who have cared for my mother with real care, attention and professionalism.

I cannot praise them highly enough and feel very grateful that my mother was so happy for the last year of her life.

Huntercombe Hall is a welcoming place with friendly staff who are always approachable. They have created a comfortable and caring home for their residents who, in my experience, they treat with both friendliness and respect. The home is bright and airy with rooms kept to a high standard. Various activities take place throughout the week which help to engage and entertain those in their care. I am very pleased to have found this lovely place for my brother.

Huntercombe Hall provides a very high standard of care to its residents and the satisfaction of the families involved. The staff are always approachable and helpful in every way. I would recommend its services without hesitation.

Very happy that Jane Andrews had my sister-in-law here. Would recommend it to anybody.

Absolutely excellent care. Very glad to have found this home as the staff are some of the most caring I have ever seen. They have excellent methods in dealing with dementia and are up to date with the latest methods of care. The range of activities is excellent and if at all possible a resident is involved even if that means just watching due to being unable to speak. I have never yet seen a resident just parked in a corner of the lounge doing nothing. Something I have seen in other care home. All round an excellent care home.

I am impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness and individual attention which my husband has received at Huntercombe. The staff go to great lengths to find out what the problems are when residents are noisy and causing trouble and they are handled successfully.

Mother is at the Huntercombe Home, the care is very very good. They do all they can do for her, always clean and cared for.

My elderly Mother needed care and chose Huntercombe Hall after visiting 5 homes. The building is beautiful, the gardens spacious and accessible, but the most important element - caring staff. From the minute we arrived and were greeted (without an appointment) we were made to feel the care and friendly atmosphere was where we needed to encourage her to stay. The Manager came and accompanied us on a tour but she didn't talk to us - she talked directly to our 98 year old Mother and made her feel important and special. During her stay we had her 99th birthday with staff and residents helping her enjoy it. She has now died but we cannot say enough about the team of people who cared for her and the attention she received throughout her stay.
Anyone looking for a special place for an elderly person should visit Huntercombe Hall.

Submit a Review for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing

Healthcare Assistant

Competitive salary (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)
Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

Jane

Jane Andrews

Joined: 2011

Jane Andrews is the Manager of Huntercombe Hall, where she leads a highly trained staff team delivering the finest residential, nursing and dementia care for up to 42 elderly ladies and gentlemen.

Jane qualified as a nurse at the age of 19 and after a successful nursing career she decided to return to higher education. At the age of 30, Jane proudly completed a Degree in Health and Social Care, before going on to achieve a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE). Working as a teacher for a number of years allowed Jane to continue her passion for helping and supporting people, before becoming a Home Manager five years ago.

Jane is a believer in life-long learning and is dedicated to challenging and developing herself and the professional staff team at Huntercombe. She instils these values in her staff by passing on her knowledge and facilitating their professional development through formal training and workshops.

One of Jane's favourite aspects of the job is the variety that her role as Manager offers whether it's organising a day trip to historic Henley or welcoming a new resident to the home no two days are ever the same.

Passionate about person centred care, Jane spends time with each and every resident and their families. She is fascinated by their unique life stories and experiences, and ensuring that this information informs the specialist care Huntercombe provides.

As someone who was born and raised in the Home Counties, Jane knows the surrounding area well and is always working to keep Huntercombe at the heart of the local the community.

In addition to her Degree and teaching qualification, one of Jane's proudest achievements was taking part in a sponsored swim to raise money for Marie Curie Cancer Care. Jane and her team were delighted to raise over £100 for a cause that touches so many people's lives.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Huntercombe Hall Care Home with Nursing