Lashbrook House Care Centre, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire

Lashbrook House was built before the turn of the century and has now been beautifully refurbished and extended. The home sits on the edge of the picturesque village of Lower Shiplake on the West side of the Thames, upstream of Henley on Thames. The home stands in four aces of landscaped grounds with beautiful accessible and secure gardens boasting areas to sit, stroll and while away a sunny afternoon.

Just two miles from Henley on Thames, six miles from Reading and nine miles from Marlow, Lashbrook House sits in the picturesque South Oxfordshire village of Lower Shiplake. The home operates its own minibus for your convenience.

Spacious bedrooms and suites are all fully furnished and tastefully decorated to a high standard. The majority of rooms are purpose built, located on two floors, single and with ensuite facilities.

All rooms have television points, a lockable facility for valuables, a nurse call alarm and smoke detectors.

The Home provides personal care, nursing care and specialist Dementia care for older people on a long term, convalescent and short stay basis and the home has recently been upgraded to provide a dementia friendly environment for guests.

Twenty-four hour cover is provided by a qualified, experienced and committed care team specifically recruited for their sensitivity, dedication and professional expertise in these areas of care. All specialist equipment is available.

All Majesticare’s Homes put Residents’ choices first, and at Lashbrook House you are free to eat your meals in the dining rooms or in your own room. Happy to provide meals for visitors as well for a nominal charge. Fresh home-cooked food is nutritionally balanced and caters for special requirements such as vegetarian or soft foods.

Group: Majesticare

Person in charge: Rhonda Herring (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Oxfordshire County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 46 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Punjabi Mirpuri, Hindi, Panjabi, Punjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Swahili, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Lashbrook House Care Centre: click here

posted 18 Jan 2016

We currently have one vacancy please contact our Manager Rhonda Herring for more information

The user Review Score of 9.2 for Lashbrook House Care Centre is based on 14 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.226 is made up of 4.617 Points relating to the ratings and 4.609 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

Exceptional care and love has been shown to my mother throughout her stay at Lashbrooks. Activities are lovely and staff get involved with the residence.
The support we as a family have been given this Christmas as my mum passed away has been phenomenal.
Thank you to everyone at Lashbrooks. My mum's 3 and a half years with you have been exceptionally happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Lashbrook House Care Centre? Extremely LIKELY

Following a long period of complex health issues my Father required 24 hour nursing and assistance for all of his care needs, we required assurance all of his care needs would be met through effective communication, 24 hour nursing care, and access to Medical professionals if required, whilst living in pleasant and clean environment. Lashbrook House provided us with all of my Father's practical requirements with the addition of the 'personal touch'. All of the staff that I came in contact with were caring, professional, and empathetic. My father was treated with the utmost respect and dignity at all times and he appeared comfortable and peaceful during my regular visits to the home. The Home Manager communicated with me regularly of any changes and provided me and my family with the support required during what was a difficult period. I believe staff to be trained to a superior quality to deal with physical and cognitive impairment evident through the care my Dad received. I would like to thank the Manager and all staff on behalf of my Dad for making him feel 'at home' during his end of life.

A lovely home in a beautiful setting with highly caring and kind staff. My father is treated with kindness and dignity.

My father is always content when we visit. If he was unhappy it would be evident. Staff are always knowledgeable about how he is. I am notified if any changes in his condition. We are always welcomed when we visit. I feel comfortable that he will be well looked after when I leave him. This is no small thing as I have not always felt so comfortable in previous establishment Dad has been resident in. I am delighted with the care he receives at Lashbrook.

My wife was admitted December 2014. We have always been impressed with the courtesy, good relations with the carers, nursing staff always very professional and very helpful. The catering is of a good standard with the chef discussing and providing a good menu. The maintenance team have hung pictures, corrected tv service and always on hand to help with any problems. Good facilities, hairdressing, chiropodist and trips out.

My mother has lived at Lashbrook House for the last year. During that time she has improved and become settled and happy there. The staff at the home are excellent and my mother is cared for very well. The staff are professional and friendly forming good relationships with the residents and their visitors. Residents are encouraged to join in organised events and made to feel a part of a family, we would not want mum to be anywhere else. This opinion is endorsed by my sisters.

Very warm and friendly nursing home. Good relationship with all of the staff.

Have recommended the home to a friend who is looking. Staff and management friendly, always feel welcome.

My mother has been at Lashbrook House for nearly a year and in that time she has flourished. The staff and management are all very attentive and considerate to her and to us as a family. The residents are extremely well cared for and they are encouraged to join into a variety of events that are laid on weekly. We wouldn't want mum to be anywhere else.

I would strongly recommend Lashbrook House, we have been so well supported by ALL the staff there.
I would like to mention Patience, Penny and Mary, I feel like they are my friend's! They- like all the staff are so kind and caring. It's evident by the residents at Lashbrook House how well cared for they are. always clean and tidy with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere! Thank you for all your good work.

Yes I would recommend with reservation. It is a wonderful place and I am happy here - would recommend to anybody.

I want to congratulate the team at Lashbrook House for such an enjoyable Summer Fete held there on Sunday 24th August 2014. The BBQ was delicious, the entertainment was toe tapping and I would see staff, residents and family of residents all having a good time. My dad thoroughly enjoyed himself. Thank you!

Submit a Review for Lashbrook House Care Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lashbrook House Care Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Lashbrook House Care Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lashbrook House Care Centre