Fees Advice From Saga
Cranmer Court, Farleigh Common, Warlingham, Surrey
Cranmer Court
Cranmer Court

Tel: 0808 137 1500

Cranmer Court is an attractive modern, purpose-built care home, providing residential and nursing care for up to 62 elderly people. Located on Farleigh Common, near Warlingham in Surrey, Cranmer Court was Caring Homes’ first purpose built care home and benefits from all of our expertise in both design and operation.

The home is located within large and attractive landscaped gardens, easily accessible from the ground floor rooms, some of which have their own patio area. A selection of first floor bedrooms has Juliet balconies, ensuring that residents can take the fresh air and enjoy the gardens whenever they choose. The balconies form an intrinsic part of the home’s design, which makes a positive yet sensitive contribution to Cranmer Court’s Conservation Area location. Traditional building materials have been used throughout, including mellow brick and slate roof tiles.

Cranmer Court has a deserved reputation for excellent care provision and is well equipped to offer support for elderly residents with sensory impairments, physical disabilities or who require end of life care. In common with all of our homes offering nursing care, Cranmer Court has adopted the Liverpool Care Pathway, widely regarded as providing a very high standard of end of life care.

Cranmer Court offers a full range of residential and nursing care support, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. Residents are encouraged to bring important personal possessions to personalise their rooms. Cranmer Court operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times. In common with all of our homes, Cranmer Court’s manager has a qualified nursing background. The home is fully registered with the Care Quality Commission and has ISO9001/2000 and Hospitality Assured accreditation.

Owner: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Norah Davey (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Cranmer Court: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Cranmer Court

(Residential and Nursing)
posted 09 Apr 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Cranmer Court) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 6 March 2014 by Sara and Robin (Daughter and son of resident (deceased))

Our father was a resident of Cranmer Court from March 2013 until he died. Dad was very happy at Cranmer Court and it is obvious to us that he was loved and well cared for by all the staff. We were particularly pleased with the way that all the staff said hello him by name when they met him and chatted to him. We also felt very welcome when we visited Dad. Dad participated in the wide range of activities at Cranmer Court, including cake making, painting, “sing-alongs”, the pantomime and trips out. He also enjoyed the excellent food and we enjoyed having lunch with him at Cranmer Court at weekends. Cranmer Court is spotless throughout and it was nice that we could take Dad out around the lovely well maintained gardens. We especially appreciate all that the staff did for Dad and us during his final days. He could not have been looked after better.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Leslie F (Husband of deceased)

I am very grateful for Cranmer Court in providing excellent care for my wife in her last days. Nursing care was always to hand and the support given me was first class. I still feel that support is there.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 6 February 2014 by Timothy Chown (Family member of former resident)

Excellent care throughout period my cousin was in Cranmer.

Review of Cranmer Court on Tuesday 4 February 2014 by Susan C (Widow of Deceased Resident)

My late husband was cared for with compassion and professionalism at the end of his life. My family and I were treated with great kindness.

Review of Cranmer Court on Wednesday 6 November 2013 by Nigel H (Son of former resident (deceased))

Good location with excellent caring staff. Manager listened to concerns and addressed them where possible.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 19 September 2013 by Maureen Frost (Daughter of resident)

At the time of my Mother's admission to the care home we were all very upset after hearing about her terminal illness. We cannot praise all of the staff enough. Not only the way my Mother was treated, but the way we have been treated as well. It was so lovely to see my mother so happy with her surroundings and people. I really do not believe she could have had better treatment. Anything she wanted, nothing was a problem. With all the bad publicity that goes on nowadays, it is so good to be able to praise the efforts and work by their people.

Review of Cranmer Court on Tuesday 28 May 2013 by Phillipa L (Daughter of Resident)

I have seen great dedication from the staff. I sometimes thought I was a fly on the wall and the love the residents received was obvious.

Review of Cranmer Court on Tuesday 28 May 2013 by Ian W (Friend of Resident)

The standard of care Brenda received was outstanding, especially when I compare it with that of another friend at a different care home. When I saw the lunches I really wished I could eat one and the menu was most tempting. We were also impressed by the compassion received after Brenda's death and the flowers bought into the room when we went for our friends farewell. It is a pity Brenda could not have been with you longer, she appreciated the care given to her. I would continuously recommend this home to anyone in need of compassionate care.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 10 May 2013 by Mary K (Daughter of resident)

We are so grateful to Cranmer Court for the exceptionally high level of care they provided for our late mother, a resident for two and half years. After considering many care homes, my sisters and I found at Cranmer Court a home with a friendly, happy atmosphere. The staff are extremely kind and respectful, always ready to reassure our anxious mother. The accommodation is clean and modern, boasting ensuite rooms and beautiful grounds. We have very happy memories of taking our mother outside to enjoy the garden when the weather was warm enough. The daily activities proved to be stimulating and fun for the residents and visitors are always made to feel very welcome. We highly recommend Cranmer Court to anyone looking for an excellent nursing home.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 26 April 2013 by Sandra Reid (Mother)

Friendliness of staff and quality of care given was of a very high standard.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 14 March 2013 by Sandra Goddard (Neice of resident)

My aunt was in Cranmer Court for only a short time until she died. All the staff were very friendly and considerate, they were very caring and also extremely professional. My aunt's room and all the home was very clean and welcoming. I would recommend Cranmer Court to anyone.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 11 March 2013 by John Adams (Husband of resident)

The standard of accommodation was exceptional and although my wife was only there for a short while, the family were treated well and my wife was very comfortable. We do not know about activities or the food on offer as unfortunately she was too ill to really use any facilities there.

Review of Cranmer Court on Tuesday 5 March 2013 by Ray Steadman (Husband of late resident)

Dear friends, my dear wife Betty spent a few weeks in Cranmer Court before ending her life on 13 Nov 2012. Throughout her time there she was treated in the most loving and caring way. I can honestly say, I was completely satisfied with the wonderful attention she received at all times. I would like to thank all the people involved and I could not have wished for a better end to my dear wife's life. Thank you most sincerely

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 4 March 2013 by John C (Son of Former Resident)

My mother (who died in December 2012) was at Cranmer Court for three years and one day! She was very happy there and well looked after. The family have no complaints.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 4 March 2013 by Dorothy J (Daughter)

I felt Norah and her team genuinely care for my father in the last 3 weeks of his life.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 4 March 2013 by Vincent C (Son of Late Resident)

This was the best home I saw for my late mother. I looked at ten homes before settling on Cranmer Court. Cranmer Court is faultless in every way. Well done.

Review of Cranmer Court on Wednesday 5 December 2012 by Christopher C (Son-in-law of resident)

A very professionally managed home where levels of care are of a very high standard. Cleanliness is exceptionally well handled and each resident is valued as a person. A wide range of activities means that people are never left alone in their room for long periods. I can thoroughly recommend Cranmer Court.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 1 October 2012 by Margaret M (Widow of previous resident)

The care home was clean and welcoming. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were nicely set out and comfortable. Food was excellent.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 28 June 2012 by Isobel M (Daughter of Resident)

When my mother was first admitted to Cranmer Court nearly two years ago she was confused and agitated with a list of medical problems. Within a short time all her problems were under control. The staff are kind and patient with her and for the first time in many years she is relaxed and happy. her surroundings are beautiful and she really enjoys looking at teh countryside. It has also taken the weight of care away from the family.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 22 June 2012 by Rosemary G (Daughter of Resident)

We visited many homes knowing that our mother was going to need a lot of care for the rest of her life. Cramner court exceeded our expectations. The staff were loving and cared for our mother in a sensitive and thorough manner. We are happy to recommend Cramner Court for general and palliative care.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 15 June 2012 by Mark W (Son of Resident)

I looked at many many care homes before deciding on Cranmer Court. The first thing to impress was the number of carers and the amount of activities, but after my mother moved in and I became a regular visitor it was the kindness of the carers that made me really pleased about my choice. I would have no hesitation in recommending Cranmer Court for the excellent level of care and professionalism.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 14 June 2012 by Susan C (Daughter of Resident)

I was so grateful to be recommended Cranmer by a friend for my mother, after inspecting many undesirable homes. The moment we walked through the door we knew we had found the right place. It is more like a hotel than a home. The staff are all kind and friendly, very caring and helpful and the food is excellent. The numerous activities in which residents are encouraged to participate, I feel is very important. Particularly enjoyed are the Christmas pantomime, summer garden party, musical entertainment and outings. I would recommend Cranmer to anybody. The home is very well run.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 28 May 2012 by Peter W (Son of Resident)

You get confidence and reassurance that your relative is being cared for and there is the satisfaction of knowing of making the right choice in Cranmer Court.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 25 May 2012 by Amy A (Daughter of Resident)

Exceptional attention to detail and individual preferences creates as far as possible a 'home from home'. Staff make a real effort to get to know your loved one and this is both reassuring and respectful.

Review of Cranmer Court on Thursday 24 May 2012 by Susan Y (Daughter of Resident)

Cranmer Court provides a weekly schedule of activities that residents can participate in on daily basis. So even those with dementia can engage in some way with an activity. Staff are friendly and very caring. You can drop in at any time and I often noted expressions of genuine affection towards residents, e.g. having a chat holding their hand, or giving a cuddle.

Review of Cranmer Court on Wednesday 23 May 2012 by Brian E (Son of resident)

This home is very well run by the manager and the staff are friendly, and committed in what they do. Standards are high and the surroundings are wonderful. There is a good level of activity and nursing care is well managed.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 21 May 2012 by Ray C (Son of former Resident)

I cannot recommend Cranmer Court highly enough. The whole place is spotlessly clean throughout. The rooms are spacious and the food is top class. The staff are kind and considerate, as well as being thoroughly experienced.

Review of Cranmer Court on Wednesday 16 May 2012 by Pamela M (Wife of Resident)

In March 2011, my Husband, Harry M was admitted to the above address, suffering with vascular dementia, he died on Sept 12th 2011, having had nothing but loving care and attention all through nearly 6 months at Cranmer Court. The home manager, Norah Davey, was a delight to deal with and her example filtered through to her staff. I am a trained S.R.N. so feel I know what I am writing about.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Elizabeth M (Resident)

The home is very clean, with excellent views of the garden. Staff are efficient and friendly. The trips to the garden centres and the entertainment in the home enlightens my life.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Joyce B (Resident)

Very happy in the home. It is clean. Staff are friendly. The surroundings are beautiful. The home is like a 5 star hotel. Activities are good, and the entertainments are excellent.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Vincent P (Respite Resident)

The general running of the home is very reasonable, it is well organised and there is always someone on call for your needs including at night. Food is good, and staff are very friendly. The surroundings are beautiful with horses and a country feel with excellent views. My room is cleaned every day.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Robert Percy B (Resident)

A very comfortable home, good surroundings. The care is excellent with friendly staff and tasty meals.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Diana R (Daughter of Resident)

Cranmer Court looks like a lovely modern country hotel, set in attractive grounds. Inside the bedrooms are light and airy, with their own en-suite and flat screen TV's and the public rooms, the dining room in particular are elegant. But what makes Cranmer Court special is the care and warmth of the staff, the pains they take to ensure the health and comfort of the residents and the fun activities they organise. It is reassuring to know my mother is in such good hands.

Review of Cranmer Court on Monday 14 May 2012 by Kenneth K (Resident)

I would recommend this home for the good care I receive. I cannot fault anything. The staff are friendly and the home is well run by the manager who is doing a very good job. Good food, the chef is willing to cook alternative meals if required. Very clean with friendly cleaning staff. The trips out and the entertainments are very rewarding.

Review of Cranmer Court on Friday 11 May 2012 by Peter Boys (son of resident (deceased))

Run by Norah Davey and her dedicated team of staff, this care home cannot be more highly recommended. My mother spent the last four and a half years of her life here, cared for to the very end by the dedicated staff. Quality of rooms and cleanliness excellent at all times and the cuisine served better than a number of good quality restaurants. The atmosphere is relaxed, with entertainments arranged for residents on a regular basis. the home itself stands in idyllic grounds with well-maintained lawns and gardens. Dementia well catered for with dedicated expertise within the staff quota. Relatives always welcomed, it was a delight visiting at all times.

Submit a Recommendation for Cranmer Court

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Cranmer Court and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Cranmer Court

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cranmer Court