Cranmer Court, Warlingham, Surrey

Cranmer Court is a purpose-built home that specialises in residential and nursing provision, located in landscaped gardens that residents can view from their balconies.

The home values its local reputation and, while having a vibrant social atmosphere that residents can make the most of, is also committed to a high standard of end of life care, as well as trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care.

Cranmer Court operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Norah Davey (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Cranmer Court: click here

posted 24 Aug 2015

Please call 01883 627713 for further information about current Bed Vacancies at Cranmer Court.

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Cranmer Court) is based on 19 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Cranmer Court

Cranmer Court provided professional palliative care for my father in the last few months of his life. The environment, staff and management were all conducive in making a calm and pain free end. I unreservedly recommend them.

Cranmer Court

My wife was looked after very well by kind and caring staff. They also made me feel very comfortable. Activities took place every morning and afternoon and varied. The manager has an excellent relationship with staff, residents and visitors.

Cranmer Court

My aunt was admitted to Cranmer Court for end of life care. It was a sudden diagnosis and an extreme shock for us all. We wanted to spend as much time as possible with her in her final days, Cranmer Court allowed us to do this being so close and initially why we chose it. From the moment we contacted Cranmer Court we had their utmost support dealing with the transfer of my aunt from an out of borough hospital, not a straightforward or quick process, and time was something we didn't have due to my aunts ill health, when we felt overwhelmed by this process Nora stepped in, and took control. We cannot recommend this care home enough. From the cleaners, Chefs, Carers, Nurses, Receptionists to Management, all were exceptional, professionally carrying out their roles, but with a sensitivity and care that made this emotional moment in our lives a little easier to bear. The staff couldn't help enough and nothing was too much trouble. Collectively as a family we spent all day and late into the evening there, and were privy to see the day to day workings of the home. My aunts care was not an exception, all residents were treated this way, and seemed very content and cared for. We feel that even though this care home was initially chosen for location, we were truly fortunate to have found such an accommodating, caring and professional establishment and highly recommend this home.

How likely would you be to recommend Cranmer Court? Extremely likely

Cranmer Court

My mum was cared for professionally, caring and thoughtful manner. Mum had a lovely room with friendly staff and the food was also very good.

Cranmer Court

My mother spent the last three weeks of her life at Cranmer court. The care Mum received was first class. The staff, without exception displayed complete professionalism and kindness, I can think of no other place I would have preferred mum to be. This is a well run facility which is spotlessly clean. I can whole heartily recommend this care home.

Cranmer Court

My dad has severe stroke symptoms resulting in complete paralysis, no verbal communication or ability to feed himself. We were highly recommended to this care home and compared to the other options locally we can all say without a doubt they have met and exceeded our expectations re care, interest in him and us as a family. Not just serving his medical needs but also his social needs allowing visiting performers to come to his room. Allow him to sit out in the lounge and garden when possible. posting pictures on his wall making him feel included, birthday presents and so much more. The bond we have with staff is just like extended family. We cannot thank them enough!

Cranmer Court

Beautiful setting with friendly caring staff who build a good relationship with the residents. Lots of regular activities and flexible with visiting times and taking residents out for the day.

Cranmer Court

A well manged home with kind and caring efficient staff. A friendly atmosphere prevails, hygiene and cleanliness is of a very high standard.

Cranmer Court

The standard of care and nursing afforded to my mother was superb during her last few months of her life. I would unreservedly recommend Cranmer Court.

Cranmer Court

On first entering the home it smelt clean and was spotless. The staff were friendly, courteous and professional. The care my mother received was excellent and she died with dignity and respect.

Cranmer Court

An excellent nursing home in all areas. Warm, friendly staff. Always attending to my mother and her needs. Professional, sensitive care in my mother's final days that contributed to a death that we would all like at the end. Our memories of Cranmer Court are warm and fondly kept under an excellent manager.

Cranmer Court

Very caring, clean, accommodating nice staff letting you know of any concerns and welcoming you if attending often. Made mum comfortable to the end. A*

Cranmer Court

My mum was placed in Cranmer Court because she needs nursing care. I can recommend this home very highly. It is custom built and very well maintained, but that would not mean anything at all without the care and commitment of the staff. They are ALL great, the handyman, chef, carers, kitchen staff, nursing staff, administrator, concierge, activity co-ordinators, laundry staff and finally (I hope) the manager. I hope I haven't left anyone out! I can relax knowing that my mum is in good hands. She is seen by the Doctor regularly and I am kept up to date with her medication/changes. If she has a fall the staff ring me and I don't have to rush round there to pick her up or call the ambulance service for assistance! I have peace of mind. Her diet is closely monitored and there is a wide variety of dietary choice, from soft food and small portions, to full cooked roasts. There are always nutritious milk shakes for the residents with poor appetites and snacks freely available. Mum is happy and settled. She has made friends there and the staff are genuinely caring. I have been there when other residents have needed assistance and seen how they are treated as well, with kindness and respect.

Cranmer Court

Our father was a resident of Cranmer Court from March 2013 until he died. Dad was very happy at Cranmer Court and it is obvious to us that he was loved and well cared for by all the staff. We were particularly pleased with the way that all the staff said hello him by name when they met him and chatted to him. We also felt very welcome when we visited Dad. Dad participated in the wide range of activities at Cranmer Court, including cake making, painting, “sing-alongs”, the pantomime and trips out. He also enjoyed the excellent food and we enjoyed having lunch with him at Cranmer Court at weekends. Cranmer Court is spotless throughout and it was nice that we could take Dad out around the lovely well maintained gardens. We especially appreciate all that the staff did for Dad and us during his final days. He could not have been looked after better.

Cranmer Court

I am very grateful for Cranmer Court in providing excellent care for my wife in her last days. Nursing care was always to hand and the support given me was first class. I still feel that support is there.

Cranmer Court

Excellent care throughout period my cousin was in Cranmer.

Cranmer Court

My late husband was cared for with compassion and professionalism at the end of his life. My family and I were treated with great kindness.

Cranmer Court

Good location with excellent caring staff. Manager listened to concerns and addressed them where possible.

Cranmer Court

At the time of my Mother's admission to the care home we were all very upset after hearing about her terminal illness. We cannot praise all of the staff enough. Not only the way my Mother was treated, but the way we have been treated as well. It was so lovely to see my mother so happy with her surroundings and people. I really do not believe she could have had better treatment. Anything she wanted, nothing was a problem. With all the bad publicity that goes on nowadays, it is so good to be able to praise the efforts and work by their people.

Submit a Review for Cranmer Court

October 2014

Beacon Status 2014

Recipient: Cranmer Court

Date: Tuesday 14 Oct 2014

February 2014

Domestic Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care Assistant

Competitive (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Registered General Nurse

£14.00 - £15.50 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Norah

Norah Davey

Joined: 2008

Norah Davey is the Manager of Cranmer Court Nursing Home in Warlingham, Surrey where she leads a dedicated staff team providing nursing and residential care for up to 56 older people.
Norah has over 16 years of experience managing nursing homes. She has completed a Registered Manager’s Award along with the Gold Standards Framework for Care Homes.

As the Manager of Cranmer Court since 2008, Norah has recruited an outstanding staff team to provide the highest standard of care for the home’s residents. Norah is passionate about palliative care, and uses her extensive skills in this field to provide a welcoming and warm home environment for residents, relatives, and loved ones.

Since joining the team at Cranmer Court, Norah has established the home’s reputation as one which delivers an excellent standard of care through team work, a network of care professionals, and strong communication with residents’ families. Norah instils confidence in her residents with her approachable attitude.
Throughout Norah’s time at Cranmer Court, she has received positive feedback from residents, relatives, and staff in her pursuit to develop a vibrant community. As a Manager, she enjoys a challenge and is not afraid to put in as much effort as possible in order to achieve success. Norah approaches her work with excitement in knowing that no two days are ever the same.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cranmer Court