Cranmer Court, Farleigh Common, Warlingham, Surrey
Cranmer Court
Cranmer Court

Tel: 0808 137 1500

Cranmer Court is an attractive modern, purpose-built care home, providing residential and nursing care for up to 62 elderly people. Located on Farleigh Common, near Warlingham in Surrey, Cranmer Court was Caring Homes’ first purpose built care home and benefits from all of our expertise in both design and operation.

The home is located within large and attractive landscaped gardens, easily accessible from the ground floor rooms, some of which have their own patio area. A selection of first floor bedrooms has Juliet balconies, ensuring that residents can take the fresh air and enjoy the gardens whenever they choose. The balconies form an intrinsic part of the home’s design, which makes a positive yet sensitive contribution to Cranmer Court’s Conservation Area location. Traditional building materials have been used throughout, including mellow brick and slate roof tiles.

Cranmer Court has a deserved reputation for excellent care provision and is well equipped to offer support for elderly residents with sensory impairments, physical disabilities or who require end of life care. In common with all of our homes offering nursing care, Cranmer Court has adopted the Liverpool Care Pathway, widely regarded as providing a very high standard of end of life care.

Cranmer Court offers a full range of residential and nursing care support, including trial stays, respite breaks and convalescent care as well as long term care. Residents are encouraged to bring important personal possessions to personalise their rooms. Cranmer Court operates an open visiting policy, where residents and loved ones may visit at convenient times. In common with all of our homes, Cranmer Court’s manager has a qualified nursing background. The home is fully registered with the Care Quality Commission and has ISO9001/2000 and Hospitality Assured accreditation.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Norah Davey (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 62 residents

Specialist Care Categories: AIDS/HIV • Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Cerebral Palsy • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Cranmer Court: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Cranmer Court

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 01 Oct 2014

February 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.8 for Cranmer Court) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Cranmer Court

My dad has severe stroke symptoms resulting in complete paralysis, no verbal communication or ability to feed himself. We were highly recommended to this care home and compared to the other options locally we can all say without a doubt they have met and exceeded our expectations re care, interest in him and us as a family. Not just serving his medical needs but also his social needs allowing visiting performers to come to his room. Allow him to sit out in the lounge and garden when possible. posting pictures on his wall making him feel included, birthday presents and so much more. The bond we have with staff is just like extended family. We cannot thank them enough!

Submitted by Samantha W (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 18 September 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Beautiful setting with friendly caring staff who build a good relationship with the residents. Lots of regular activities and flexible with visiting times and taking residents out for the day.

Submitted by Julie W (Daughter-in-law of resident) on Tuesday 5 August 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

A well manged home with kind and caring efficient staff. A friendly atmosphere prevails, hygiene and cleanliness is of a very high standard.

Submitted by Angela T (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 5 August 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

The standard of care and nursing afforded to my mother was superb during her last few months of her life. I would unreservedly recommend Cranmer Court.

Submitted by Brian S (Son of Resident) on Tuesday 15 July 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

On first entering the home it smelt clean and was spotless. The staff were friendly, courteous and professional. The care my mother received was excellent and she died with dignity and respect.

Submitted by Amanda Cooper (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 1 July 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

An excellent nursing home in all areas. Warm, friendly staff. Always attending to my mother and her needs. Professional, sensitive care in my mother's final days that contributed to a death that we would all like at the end. Our memories of Cranmer Court are warm and fondly kept under an excellent manager.

Submitted by Malcolm C (Son of resident) on Tuesday 1 July 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Submitted by Malcolm C (Son of resident) on Tuesday 1 July 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Very caring, clean, accommodating nice staff letting you know of any concerns and welcoming you if attending often. Made mum comfortable to the end. A*

Submitted by Julie Bashford (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 1 July 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

My mum was placed in Cranmer Court because she needs nursing care. I can recommend this home very highly. It is custom built and very well maintained, but that would not mean anything at all without the care and commitment of the staff. They are ALL great, the handyman, chef, carers, kitchen staff, nursing staff, administrator, concierge, activity co-ordinators, laundry staff and finally (I hope) the manager. I hope I haven't left anyone out! I can relax knowing that my mum is in good hands. She is seen by the Doctor regularly and I am kept up to date with her medication/changes. If she has a fall the staff ring me and I don't have to rush round there to pick her up or call the ambulance service for assistance! I have peace of mind. Her diet is closely monitored and there is a wide variety of dietary choice, from soft food and small portions, to full cooked roasts. There are always nutritious milk shakes for the residents with poor appetites and snacks freely available. Mum is happy and settled. She has made friends there and the staff are genuinely caring. I have been there when other residents have needed assistance and seen how they are treated as well, with kindness and respect.

Submitted by Wendy White (Daughter of Care Home Resident) on Thursday 8 May 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Our father was a resident of Cranmer Court from March 2013 until he died. Dad was very happy at Cranmer Court and it is obvious to us that he was loved and well cared for by all the staff. We were particularly pleased with the way that all the staff said hello him by name when they met him and chatted to him. We also felt very welcome when we visited Dad. Dad participated in the wide range of activities at Cranmer Court, including cake making, painting, “sing-alongs”, the pantomime and trips out. He also enjoyed the excellent food and we enjoyed having lunch with him at Cranmer Court at weekends. Cranmer Court is spotless throughout and it was nice that we could take Dad out around the lovely well maintained gardens. We especially appreciate all that the staff did for Dad and us during his final days. He could not have been looked after better.

Submitted by Sara and Robin (Daughter and son of resident (deceased)) on Thursday 6 March 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

I am very grateful for Cranmer Court in providing excellent care for my wife in her last days. Nursing care was always to hand and the support given me was first class. I still feel that support is there.

Submitted by Leslie F (Husband of deceased) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Excellent care throughout period my cousin was in Cranmer.

Submitted by Timothy Chown (Family member of former resident) on Thursday 6 February 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

My late husband was cared for with compassion and professionalism at the end of his life. My family and I were treated with great kindness.

Submitted by Susan C (Widow of Deceased Resident) on Tuesday 4 February 2014.

Review of Cranmer Court

Good location with excellent caring staff. Manager listened to concerns and addressed them where possible.

Submitted by Nigel H (Son of former resident (deceased)) on Wednesday 6 November 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

At the time of my Mother's admission to the care home we were all very upset after hearing about her terminal illness. We cannot praise all of the staff enough. Not only the way my Mother was treated, but the way we have been treated as well. It was so lovely to see my mother so happy with her surroundings and people. I really do not believe she could have had better treatment. Anything she wanted, nothing was a problem. With all the bad publicity that goes on nowadays, it is so good to be able to praise the efforts and work by their people.

Submitted by Maureen Frost (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 19 September 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

I have seen great dedication from the staff. I sometimes thought I was a fly on the wall and the love the residents received was obvious.

Submitted by Phillipa L (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 28 May 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

The standard of care Brenda received was outstanding, especially when I compare it with that of another friend at a different care home. When I saw the lunches I really wished I could eat one and the menu was most tempting. We were also impressed by the compassion received after Brenda's death and the flowers bought into the room when we went for our friends farewell. It is a pity Brenda could not have been with you longer, she appreciated the care given to her. I would continuously recommend this home to anyone in need of compassionate care.

Submitted by Ian W (Friend of Resident) on Tuesday 28 May 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

We are so grateful to Cranmer Court for the exceptionally high level of care they provided for our late mother, a resident for two and half years. After considering many care homes, my sisters and I found at Cranmer Court a home with a friendly, happy atmosphere. The staff are extremely kind and respectful, always ready to reassure our anxious mother. The accommodation is clean and modern, boasting ensuite rooms and beautiful grounds. We have very happy memories of taking our mother outside to enjoy the garden when the weather was warm enough. The daily activities proved to be stimulating and fun for the residents and visitors are always made to feel very welcome. We highly recommend Cranmer Court to anyone looking for an excellent nursing home.

Submitted by Mary K (Daughter of resident) on Friday 10 May 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

Friendliness of staff and quality of care given was of a very high standard.

Submitted by Sandra Reid (Mother) on Friday 26 April 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

My aunt was in Cranmer Court for only a short time until she died. All the staff were very friendly and considerate, they were very caring and also extremely professional. My aunt's room and all the home was very clean and welcoming. I would recommend Cranmer Court to anyone.

Submitted by Sandra Goddard (Neice of resident) on Thursday 14 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

The standard of accommodation was exceptional and although my wife was only there for a short while, the family were treated well and my wife was very comfortable. We do not know about activities or the food on offer as unfortunately she was too ill to really use any facilities there.

Submitted by John Adams (Husband of resident) on Monday 11 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

Dear friends, my dear wife Betty spent a few weeks in Cranmer Court before ending her life on 13 Nov 2012. Throughout her time there she was treated in the most loving and caring way. I can honestly say, I was completely satisfied with the wonderful attention she received at all times. I would like to thank all the people involved and I could not have wished for a better end to my dear wife's life. Thank you most sincerely

Submitted by Ray Steadman (Husband of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 5 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

My mother (who died in December 2012) was at Cranmer Court for three years and one day! She was very happy there and well looked after. The family have no complaints.

Submitted by John C (Resident / Service User) on Monday 4 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

I felt Norah and her team genuinely care for my father in the last 3 weeks of his life.

Submitted by Dorothy J (Daughter) on Monday 4 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

This was the best home I saw for my late mother. I looked at ten homes before settling on Cranmer Court. Cranmer Court is faultless in every way. Well done.

Submitted by Vincent C (Son of Late Resident) on Monday 4 March 2013.

Review of Cranmer Court

A very professionally managed home where levels of care are of a very high standard. Cleanliness is exceptionally well handled and each resident is valued as a person. A wide range of activities means that people are never left alone in their room for long periods. I can thoroughly recommend Cranmer Court.

Submitted by Christopher C (Son-in-law of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 5 December 2012.

Review of Cranmer Court

The care home was clean and welcoming. The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were nicely set out and comfortable. Food was excellent.

Submitted by Margaret M (Widow of previous resident) on Monday 1 October 2012.

Submit a Recommendation for Cranmer Court

(please write a short headline summary)

Deputy Manager

17 Oct 2014

Staff Nurse

16 Oct 2014

Care Assistant

16 Oct 2014
Apply Here

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Cranmer Court