Emberbrook Care Home, Thames Ditton, Surrey

Emberbrook Care Home is located in the village of Thames Ditton and is close to shops, public transport, amenities and access to the A3.

This a purpose built care home provides nursing and social care for older people who are physically frail and older people who have mental health needs such as Alzheimer's disease.

Accommodation at Emberbrok is in single occupancy rooms some of which are spacious enough for sharing. Most rooms have en-suite facilities.

Emberbrook provides TV lounges and a quiet sitting room for residents. Meals are served in the separate dining rooms, where residents can enjoy the company of others at meal times. Traditional home cooked meals using fresh produce are served.

Regular visits are made to Emberbrook by an experienced hair stylist and a qualified chiropodist. A range of complementary therapies can be arranged.

A varied programme of activities is available.

Group: brighterkind

Person in charge: Stewart King (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 68 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Emberbrook Care Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.6 for Emberbrook Care Home) is based on 7 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Emberbrook Care Home

I would recommend this nursing home to anyone who has a loved one in need of 24/7 care. There are excellent facilities, the staff are very caring and importantly LONG TERM - in effect they've become my sister's family - providing the best care and understanding. I have a good relationship with the staff, who are always ready to discuss my sister's condition. We have unlimited access at any time. Special thanks to sister Winnie, Ben and Henry who their jobs with great enthusiasm and genuine interest.

Emberbrook Care Home

My mother-in-law, Olive Wallis was a resident at Emberbrook for two years until she passed away there in April 2015. Throughout her stay she was well cared for. Half way through her stay she had a major stroke and her needs increased significantly. They coped with the change in her circumstances well, and never forgot Olive as she had been before the stroke. Her dignity was preserved and we had no concerns about her safety. I think I would observe that Emberbrook has improved over the years and is truly an excellent home. It distinguishes itself not by fancy curtains and carpets, but the kindness, dedication and abilities of its staff. In particular special mention should go to the Deputy Manager who always had time to talk to the family and listen to our concerns for Olive. They managed her end of life care compassionately and demonstrated their nursing skills to the full.

How likely would you be to recommend Emberbrook Care Home? Extremely likely

Emberbrook Care Home

I have been associated with Embabrook since summer 2012 both for my cousin now deceased and for her husband who is still a resident. I cannot praise them enough for what is done there enough. I could visit unannounced at any time of the day or night, and not find anything unwanted. I should add that I am a former nurse and health visitor. The staff are as caring and respectful of the relatives, as they are for the residents. I would live there myself if necessary.

Emberbrook Care Home

Out of countless homes visited Emberbrook is by far the best in the area. Staff are always friendly and caring to the residents, especially the two deputy managers. There has recently been a change of manager but we are sure this can only benefit the home. We are also please that a complete renovation of the home is immanent.

Emberbrook Care Home

A very nice home. Everyone that is here is very good & nice. We get 24/7 very good care, and the food is lovely.

Emberbrook Care Home

I am really happy with Emberbrook Care Home, it is such a happy, relaxed and welcoming environment. My mother was a resident there 2 years ago, so when it came to choosing a care home for my husband last year, there was no contest. He has very complex needs, having severe cognitive impairment following a series of strokes over the past 10 years. He is well looked after and happy there. The staff are wonderful, understanding, kind and caring - nothing is too much trouble. There is always something going on to provide stimulation for the residents, with a variety of activities to suit all tastes. I really enjoy visiting my husband as I am always made so welcome. I am there so much that I now regard it as my second home - and I always get a cup of tea! I have no hesitation in recommending this care home.

How likely would you be to recommend Emberbrook Care Home? Extremely likely

Emberbrook Care Home

I cannot speak highly enough about the care my husband receives in this home. He is not the easiest of clients as he is on the advanced stages of Alzheimer's disease but he is looked after with respect and dignity by all the staff.

Submit a Review for Emberbrook Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Emberbrook Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Emberbrook Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Emberbrook Care Home