Holly Lodge Nursing Home, Camberley, Surrey

Holly Lodge is surrounded by woodland and is set in its own landscaped grounds. This purpose built luxurious home has been designed to offer specialist nursing care for elderly residents suffering from Alzheimer’s and other related dementia conditions.

Holly Lodge provides 24 hour nursing care and each resident has an individual care plan.

Accommodation at Holly Lodge is offered in bedrooms with en-suite facilities, telephone and TV points, thermostatic radiators, smoke detectors and 24 hour nurse call system. Residents are welcome to bring their personal effect and small items of furniture. Other communal areas include a spacious lounge on each floor, and a dedicated activities room.

The home has a sensory garden which has been carefully designed to provide a stimulating environment, featuring plants chosen for their colour, scent and feel.

A menu providing excellent choice and variety is offered with special diets being catered for.

The activities team provide a wide range of stimulating activities.

Family and friends are welcome at any time.

Please visit the website for more details.

Group: Forest Care Ltd

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Chinese - Cantonese, Spanish; Castilian, Portuguese, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Holly Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.5 for Holly Lodge Nursing Home) is based on 21 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

I have found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating to visitors and extremely caring to their patients. Entry to the home is very accessible at all times and this makes it very convenient for friends and family to visit when they can. All in all the home is very satisfactory, caring and helpful, what more could we ask for?.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Appears to be a very caring home. Staff with residents are caring and helpful towards visitors. Always someone around. Approachable and genuine.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Holly Lodge was recommended to me and my mother has lived there for over 2 years. She is treated with dignity, thoroughly cared for and all needs met. The staff are all very friendly and professional. I couldn't ask for more for my mother who has Alzheimer's and she is as happy as she can be with her illness. I thoroughly recommend.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

After viewing a number of care homes in Surrey, for my 88 year old mother with dementia, it was clear from the outset that Holly Lodge was the best for mum by some way. As soon as I drove onto the site it was clearly set in beautiful surroundings of an extensive woodland. The quietness of the setting was then added to by the feeling of tranquility when I entered the home and met the staff. The size of the home (60 residents) on two floors is a perfect size for mums condition and the level of nursing & support staff far exceeded other homes I have seen. In the short time I have visited it is clear the home is right for mum.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Our cousin was a resident at Holly Lodge for over 4 years. We were always impressed by the exceptional care she received. Our visits were not announced in advance but we always found her to be clean and comfortable even in the later stages when she had to be nursed in her bed. Her nails and hair were clean and tidy and her skin obviously received special care to keep it in perfect condition. She was always treated with kindness, respect and dignity and as visitors we were always made very welcome. The home itself is delightful- bright and airy and well kept. The rooms are of a good size and well appointed and the grounds attractive. The atmosphere is one of kindness. Special mention must be given to the staff whether nursing or admin for their ability to combine efficiency with care and respect. We cannot recommend Holly Lodge highly enough.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Mum has been at Holly Lodge since it opened and the care she receives is excellent.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

My mother in law has improved so much being in Holly Lodge. The staff are very special, people always full of smiles which Annie loves.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

My recommendation is based on my mum being at Holly Lodge for seven months and mum has improved so much, she is happy and very well cared for, I'm very pleased with all aspects of this lovely home.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

In late 2013 the family embarked on finding a care home for my father. We visited numerous care homes in the area. Looking for the best available to care for my father, who had recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. When I visited Holly Lodge I could not believe what I was seeing, first impressions were brilliant. I contacted my sister and brother to get them to view the home, their reaction was the same as mine. we arranged for my father admission. 18 months on and our decision was correct. The staff soon got to know my father who doesn't like noise and wants to stay in his room. This did not matter, "Can't take dad to the function, O.K bring the function to him". The care and treatment provided is second to none, all staff from the cleaners to the Registered Nurse frequently call in and interact, activities visit him every day. Family visit 3/4 time a week. Dads Quality of Life has vastly improved over the last 18 months, I cannot recommend Holly Lodge enough.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Residents are treated like clients in a four star hotel situated and surrounded by woodland and very well kept gardens for the residents to use. Every effort is made to make the residents and visitors welcome. Visitors are welcome at any time and a lovely homely family visitors room is available at all times.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

We visit Holly Lodge with a friend of many years to see his wife, a resident with dementia and are very impressed with the quality of care, the beautiful surroundings and above all with the wonderful attitude of staff to their charges.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Right from my first visit to have a look at its suitability for my friend and I were made very welcome. We were given a tour of the home, explained about the care, activities any special diet etc. My husband has been a resident for 4 weeks, he is fully dependent, settled in, the staff are very caring when I go to reception. The office staff and I always have a word and chat. The medical side is well conducted nothing is to much trouble. I am very impressed as are my family and friends.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

I would recommend this home for it's professional approach to all aspects of care towards the residents and to their relatives. Apart from this their friendly and helpful attitude towards both the residents and visitors is constant and the fact that there access to the home at anytime ensures that visitors feel welcome. The nursing care and cleanliness is beyond reproach.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Having looked after my mother for several years at home having a good understanding of Alzheimers and its stages, I know that my mum is in the best possible place that she could be and that's at Holly Lodge. We have experience of other homes that just can't compare. I am particularly impressed with all the long term staff, gardener, maintenance staff, nursing and care staff, kitchen, laundry staff and the management. I am always kept informed of mums wellbeing and have great confidence that mum could not be better looked after with dignity at all times. The whole atmosphere with the carefully selected staff gives Holly Lodge a family feel which is extremely comforting to know when I am not there. Holly Lodge is truly and excellent home.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

I would not hesitate to recommend Holly Lodge. The staff go out of their way to help and care for the residents. The activities really help to make the residents lives more fulfilled.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Beautifully situated and surrounded by woodland. Visitors are made welcome at any time by friendly staff. Holly Lodge gives the feeling of being in a 5 star hotel.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

My mum (Ann Abrey) had been staying at Holly Lodge for almost 5 years and within that time mum had progressed through the dreadful disease, Alzheimer's. At every stage of mum's disease, the staff were always to caring and understanding and made mum's time at Holly Lodge a very pleasant one. The staff were always so happy and approachable and I would even go to say that I have myself made some friends that I will never forget. The home has always been very clean and tidy with regular decorating going on. Not only is there a lot of of respect for the residents, but the grounds and home have that same level of respect. I would most definately recommend Holly Lodge and the wonderful staff. When ever mum was poorly, no matter how small that may be, the staff always kept me informed. Unfortunately mum took a turn for the worse at Christmas and sadly passed away on the 10th January 2015. The staff have been amazing and kept mum comfortable and retained her dignity right up until the end. Thank you so much to everyone at Holly Lodge who made mum so very happy and so comfortable for the last 5 years of her life. We shall never forget you xx

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

My father has been in Holly Lodge for 5 years - all the nursing staff have been professional, cheerful and so caring. Their nursing skills have been very high - as dad's health has deteriorated and he has become bed-bound, he has been turned regularly so no bed sores have developed; and such care and patience shown in feeding and hydrating him. All the support staff, from cooks and handyman to OTs are always so polite and cheerful, and look after the family too.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

I thank my 'lucky stars' for finding Holly Lodge Nursing Home, knowing that my wife (Mrs Rita Keen) is in safe and caring hands for 24 hours each and every day. The entire building is spotlessly clean and the staff are caring in every respect. I would not hesitate to highly recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home 100 percent.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

My mother has been a resident for about two years and I have been extremely pleased with this choice of home. The staff are very kind, patient and caring, and they skilfully deal with sometimes difficult behaviours of residents. Cleanliness is excellent, rooms are comfortable and the food is excellent, drinks/snacks are regularly served.

Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Following a disastrous stay in a previous care home, we were keen not to make the same mistakes again. We couldn't have chosen better than Holly Lodge. The home is purpose built, light, bright and modern. As a family, we were always welcomed with a hello and a smile from whoever we met when we came through the door – from kitchen staff to management, and we experienced this pleasant atmosphere as constant throughout the home. The staff were unfailingly kind and caring where my mother in law was concerned, even when they were clearly very busy. When we visited and sat in the lounge, we were constantly reminded by activities around us, that staff were carrying out difficult tasks with residents who were at times very challenging, and we were impressed by their never-ending patience, kindness and good humor. The staff clearly care about the residents well-being. She was always impeccably clean and well-dressed (right through to make-up!). There was never a whiff of incontinence throughout the home! If there were any changes in her state of health we were always contacted. We were touched that 2 members of staff even attended her funeral. Dementia is horrible for the person with the condition and, as we know, for families to witness. The best we could hope for was that during the last months of her life she would be comfortable and cared for with kindness, respect and dignity in pleasant surroundings. We feel this was achieved in abundance at Holly Lodge.

Submit a Review for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Joan

Joan Doyle

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 2012

Joan has worked at Holly Lodge since 2012, she loves the constant interaction with staff, families and residents making them feel very welcome.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Holly Lodge Nursing Home