Holly Lodge Nursing Home, Camberley, Surrey

Holly Lodge is surrounded by woodland and is set in its own landscaped grounds. This purpose built luxurious home has been designed to offer specialist nursing care for elderly residents suffering from Alzheimer’s and other related dementia conditions.

Holly Lodge provides 24 hour nursing care and each resident has an individual care plan.

Accommodation at Holly Lodge is offered in bedrooms with en-suite facilities, telephone and TV points, thermostatic radiators, smoke detectors and 24 hour nurse call system. Residents are welcome to bring their personal effect and small items of furniture. Other communal areas include a spacious lounge on each floor, and a dedicated activities room.

The home has a sensory garden which has been carefully designed to provide a stimulating environment, featuring plants chosen for their colour, scent and feel.

A menu providing excellent choice and variety is offered with special diets being catered for.

The activities team provide a wide range of stimulating activities.

Family and friends are welcome at any time.

Please visit the website for more details.

Group: Forest Care Ltd

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Bipolar/Manic Depression • Challenging Behaviour • Colitis & Crohn's Disease • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Parkinson's Disease • Schizophrenia • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Chinese - Cantonese, Spanish; Castilian, Portuguese, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Separate EMI Unit • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Holly Lodge Nursing Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.7 for Holly Lodge Nursing Home is based on 31 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.707 is made up of 4.707 Points relating to the ratings and 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I came to view Holly Lodge for my father-in-law. I was so pleasantly surprised with the staff, the facilities and the carer ratio. Holly Lodge is like Hotel not a home. The administrator was so accommodating to me, calling and arranging my father-in-laws transfer ran smoothly. I know he will be well cared for and happy, which is all I ask for. Thanks to you all for helping to settle my father-in-law in. It made a difficult decision much easier. I would recommend Holly Lodge happily to anyone.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I looked around Holly Lodge with my wife and my brother. I was so surprised at how clean the home was. The staff are so friendly. I felt the place was so professional and was at ease straight away with Holly Lodge staff taking care of my dad. Thank you for everything! The administrator is amazing, she is kind, thoughtful and very organised, what would you do without her?, she is a valuable asset to your home.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Always met with nice friendly staff.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

As a volunteer I am always impressed with how I am welcomed with my dog Tizzy. We have been visiting for the past three years and enjoy seeing the residents. The activities lady is always professional, kind and extremely experienced. I have learnt a great deal from her and how to work with people suffering from dementia.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I cannot fault the excellent care they provide for my wife which makes me feel very contented with my present position.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Best possible care and living conditions were provided for my father. All staff were caring and attentive to his needs, his room was important to him and always clean and tidy. Sadly passing away 17th October. His passing was dealt with great care and dignity by all staff and management. We could not have found a better home for dads last days. Dad never was very interested in food therefore all food offered was in line with his basic needs.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My husband had a fall and was admitted to the local hospital and after assessment it was recommended that a nursing home with a dementia unit and end of life care was required. My son and I visited approximately seven establishments and then chose Holly Lodge. Fortuitously they had two rooms available and we were able to pick a room overlooking lawns, trees etc, with bird feeders, all things my husband would appreciate. Whenever I, a friend or family member visits we are given a cheerful welcome. The home is clean and smells fresh, all the residents are treated with kindness and compassion, hugs and cuddles are available on demand. In the circumstances we are sure we have made the right choice, not an easy one as it was the last thing we wanted but circumstances made is necessary.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Our experience has been a good one for my mother. She has since passed but was treated with respect and compassion. She was happy here. The home was fantastic when mum passed - helpful, could come in any time. Would have liked more fresh fruit available, it was there for those who could ask but mum couldn't.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Holly Lodge Nursing Home has opted for the comment and ratings of this review not to be displayed on the grounds that they believe the comments/ratings are unfair. The ratings of the review still count towards the overall Review Score.

I volunteer every week with the activities team. We listen to music while knitting and chatting. The residents enjoy our sessions. Sometimes there is only 1 lady and other times there are 3 or 4. I find the activities team very caring and engage with the residents in a friendly and encouraging way.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I visit an elderly neighbour at Holly Lodge Nursing Home. I usually visited him when he was in his own home but he is now too ill to be on this own. He has always been very independent but he has settled well which is due to the care of the staff. I find them helpful and pleasant and are always attentive to the residents.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I was appointed by the Court of Protection to oversea the care of a friend who has advanced dementia who's only daughter lives in Canada. When I took over these duties I discovered that the level of care being provided in a previous care home not connected to this company, was of a very poor standard, and as such with the help of the care manager at Holly Lodge I was able to have her placed in their care. She is now aged 93 and has been in Holly Lodge for some 6 years, and I have no hesitation in saying that the level of care provided by the staff there has extended her life by some considerable margin, and as such I would have no hesitation in recommending this care home as one that offers safety, dignity and a level of care to the highest standard.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

I have found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating to visitors and extremely caring to their patients. Entry to the home is very accessible at all times and this makes it very convenient for friends and family to visit when they can. All in all the home is very satisfactory, caring and helpful, what more could we ask for?.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Appears to be a very caring home. Staff with residents are caring and helpful towards visitors. Always someone around. Approachable and genuine.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Holly Lodge was recommended to me and my mother has lived there for over 2 years. She is treated with dignity, thoroughly cared for and all needs met. The staff are all very friendly and professional. I couldn't ask for more for my mother who has Alzheimer's and she is as happy as she can be with her illness. I thoroughly recommend.

After viewing a number of care homes in Surrey, for my 88 year old mother with dementia, it was clear from the outset that Holly Lodge was the best for mum by some way. As soon as I drove onto the site it was clearly set in beautiful surroundings of an extensive woodland. The quietness of the setting was then added to by the feeling of tranquility when I entered the home and met the staff. The size of the home (60 residents) on two floors is a perfect size for mums condition and the level of nursing & support staff far exceeded other homes I have seen. In the short time I have visited it is clear the home is right for mum.

Our cousin was a resident at Holly Lodge for over 4 years. We were always impressed by the exceptional care she received. Our visits were not announced in advance but we always found her to be clean and comfortable even in the later stages when she had to be nursed in her bed. Her nails and hair were clean and tidy and her skin obviously received special care to keep it in perfect condition. She was always treated with kindness, respect and dignity and as visitors we were always made very welcome. The home itself is delightful- bright and airy and well kept. The rooms are of a good size and well appointed and the grounds attractive. The atmosphere is one of kindness. Special mention must be given to the staff whether nursing or admin for their ability to combine efficiency with care and respect. We cannot recommend Holly Lodge highly enough.

Mum has been at Holly Lodge since it opened and the care she receives is excellent.

My mother in law has improved so much being in Holly Lodge. The staff are very special, people always full of smiles which Annie loves.

My recommendation is based on my mum being at Holly Lodge for seven months and mum has improved so much, she is happy and very well cared for, I'm very pleased with all aspects of this lovely home.

In late 2013 the family embarked on finding a care home for my father. We visited numerous care homes in the area. Looking for the best available to care for my father, who had recently been diagnosed with Vascular Dementia. When I visited Holly Lodge I could not believe what I was seeing, first impressions were brilliant. I contacted my sister and brother to get them to view the home, their reaction was the same as mine. we arranged for my father admission.

18 months on and our decision was correct. The staff soon got to know my father who doesn't like noise and wants to stay in his room. This did not matter, "Can't take dad to the function, O.K bring the function to him". The care and treatment provided is second to none, all staff from the cleaners to the Registered Nurse frequently call in and interact, activities visit him every day. Family visit 3/4 time a week. Dads Quality of Life has vastly improved over the last 18 months, I cannot recommend Holly Lodge enough.

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

Residents are treated like clients in a four star hotel situated and surrounded by woodland and very well kept gardens for the residents to use. Every effort is made to make the residents and visitors welcome. Visitors are welcome at any time and a lovely homely family visitors room is available at all times.

We visit Holly Lodge with a friend of many years to see his wife, a resident with dementia and are very impressed with the quality of care, the beautiful surroundings and above all with the wonderful attitude of staff to their charges.

I would recommend this home for it's professional approach to all aspects of care towards the residents and to their relatives. Apart from this their friendly and helpful attitude towards both the residents and visitors is constant and the fact that there access to the home at anytime ensures that visitors feel welcome. The nursing care and cleanliness is beyond reproach.

Having looked after my mother for several years at home having a good understanding of Alzheimers and its stages, I know that my mum is in the best possible place that she could be and that's at Holly Lodge. We have experience of other homes that just can't compare. I am particularly impressed with all the long term staff, gardener, maintenance staff, nursing and care staff, kitchen, laundry staff and the management. I am always kept informed of mums wellbeing and have great confidence that mum could not be better looked after with dignity at all times. The whole atmosphere with the carefully selected staff gives Holly Lodge a family feel which is extremely comforting to know when I am not there. Holly Lodge is truly and excellent home.

I would not hesitate to recommend Holly Lodge. The staff go out of their way to help and care for the residents. The activities really help to make the residents lives more fulfilled.

Beautifully situated and surrounded by woodland. Visitors are made welcome at any time by friendly staff. Holly Lodge gives the feeling of being in a 5 star hotel.

My mum (Ann Abrey) had been staying at Holly Lodge for almost 5 years and within that time mum had progressed through the dreadful disease, Alzheimer's. At every stage of mum's disease, the staff were always to caring and understanding and made mum's time at Holly Lodge a very pleasant one. The staff were always so happy and approachable and I would even go to say that I have myself made some friends that I will never forget. The home has always been very clean and tidy with regular decorating going on. Not only is there a lot of of respect for the residents, but the grounds and home have that same level of respect. I would most definately recommend Holly Lodge and the wonderful staff. When ever mum was poorly, no matter how small that may be, the staff always kept me informed. Unfortunately mum took a turn for the worse at Christmas and sadly passed away on the 10th January 2015. The staff have been amazing and kept mum comfortable and retained her dignity right up until the end. Thank you so much to everyone at Holly Lodge who made mum so very happy and so comfortable for the last 5 years of her life. We shall never forget you xx

How likely would you be to recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home? Extremely LIKELY

My father has been in Holly Lodge for 5 years - all the nursing staff have been professional, cheerful and so caring. Their nursing skills have been very high - as dad's health has deteriorated and he has become bed-bound, he has been turned regularly so no bed sores have developed; and such care and patience shown in feeding and hydrating him. All the support staff, from cooks and handyman to OTs are always so polite and cheerful, and look after the family too.

I thank my 'lucky stars' for finding Holly Lodge Nursing Home, knowing that my wife (Mrs Rita Keen) is in safe and caring hands for 24 hours each and every day. The entire building is spotlessly clean and the staff are caring in every respect. I would not hesitate to highly recommend Holly Lodge Nursing Home 100 percent.

My mother has been a resident for about two years and I have been extremely pleased with this choice of home. The staff are very kind, patient and caring, and they skilfully deal with sometimes difficult behaviours of residents. Cleanliness is excellent, rooms are comfortable and the food is excellent, drinks/snacks are regularly served.

Submit a Review for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Holly Lodge Nursing Home

Joan

Joan Doyle

Job Title: Home Administrator

Joined: 2012

Joan has worked at Holly Lodge since 2012, she loves the constant interaction with staff, families and residents making them feel very welcome.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Holly Lodge Nursing Home