Waverley Grange Care Home, Farnham, Surrey

Waverley Grange offers round-the-clock expert care for people who require nursing, residential or respite care.

The purpose-built home has been attractively decorated and all bedrooms have en-suite facilities. Comfortable lounges, a cinema room and café-bar provides residents with places to socialise and relax, and the secure landscaped gardens include sculptures, sun dials and an attractive water feature.

Trained chefs prepare and serve a range of nutritious home-cooked meals, with hot and cold options always available.

A dedicated activity suite is used to for a full programme of daytime individual and group activities. Residents are also encouraged to help out with an allotment and raised flower beds, if they wish.

Person in charge: Janice Hale (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 52 residents

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Waverley Grange Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 9.7 for Waverley Grange Care Home is based on 22 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 9.705 is made up of 4.859 Points relating to the ratings and 4.846 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

I stayed at Waverley Grange for two weeks for respite care/convalescence following surgery. The staff were very willing and I felt that no request was too much trouble. I did sometimes feel that nights were understaffed.

How likely would you be to recommend Waverley Grange Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Waverley Grange Residential & Nursing Home, Bupa care homes at Waverley Grange Care Home responded to this review on 21 Sep 2015:

Thank you for your review. Your comments are extremely important to us and our residents’ health and wellbeing is our absolute priority. We will discuss your feedback with the home’s manager to help them continually improve their service.

My mother died on the 30th April in Essex. After her death my father needed care and we move him from Essex to be near the family in Surrey. Waverley Grange staff have been so welcoming and supportive throughout this difficult time, they offered to help with the wake at Waverley Grange and provided a lounge for our use and great food and drinks. The day went very well and a huge thanks goes to the staff that cared for our whole family and especially dad on that day.

My husband was discharged from the hospice (Phyllis Tuckwell) to Waverley Grange at the end of last year. He died there on Feb 9th. During this time he received loving and caring help and I am more than satisfied with them. I am so thankful that he died in such a kindly peaceful place and I couldn't have wished for more. As to me I was treated just the same as he was, with love and understanding all the way through. I still go to see them, and am made to feel one of the family.

The care of my Nan

I am very grateful of the care that my Nan received whilst staying at Waverley Grange. The staff were very nice and the room/ surrounding made my Nans last 6 weeks as comfortable as I could have hoped for. I would highly recommend this nursing home to others, particularly having heard about the alternative places that were not at all appealing. I would like to say thank you to all the staff involved in looking after my Nan x

Mum was transferred five weeks ago. She suffered with pancreatic cancer since April 2014 because mum wasn't deemed to be deteriorating quickly we were asked to search for a care home. We were given three to view. All three we felt were unsuitable and we felt sad that this was what elderly people had to look forward too. Then we looked at Waverley Grange wow what a difference. A complete no brainer! Mum was said to leave the hospice as this made her feel safe, she had been a volunteer there for several years so knew many people, reluctantly she was transferred. We love it, the environment is amazing and the staff care for residents is second to none. Thank you, you have all been amazing, this place has made us all so helpful in such sad circumstances, we have felt so very welcome.

Mum has been terminally ill for some considerable time and in January was re-admitted to the hospital. Sadly, she was not able to stay there. We were given several homes to look at, and were baffled by what we saw. By chance I saw Waverley as I left the hospital and it looked so modern and inviting. I called the next morning, my sisters and I visited that day and plans were soon in place to move mum. We have been so warmly welcomed, mum has a beautiful sunny room, the whole building is like a 5* star hotel, but more than that the staff are amazing.The nursing staff are caring, thorough and truly professional. My only regret is we did not find it sooner!

This lovely home is purpose built. The rooms are well and tastefully decorated, it is easy to move about in a wheelchair or with a walking aid. The staff are so caring and patient. When I arrive, I am greeted and give tea or coffee and ordered cake and I am made to feel welcome. The facilities are modern and help both patients and staff. (I know where I shall come!)

I spent 3 weeks in this nursing home after major surgery to recuperate. It is absolutely fantastic, I was almost reluctant to leave.

The care and staff are first class. Very caring and friendly. the management team run by Karen Smith are exemplary.

This is a very well run, recently opened BUPA Care Home. All management and staff are well motivated, friendly and caring. Clean, comfortable and excellent facilities.

Well appointed modern building in pleasant woodland area.

A well appointed modern building in quiet woodland surroundings with close proximity to town and rail station.

I have been a resident for 4 months and am still in the process of turning out and ordering my possessions, many of which hare still in store. I have found the staff to be patient and caring, my room warm, comfortable and attractive as are the public spaces - the meals excellent and my medication precisely managed. I am unclear as to what help I am 'entitled' - e.g. with waiting for dressing. It is repeatedly emphecised that anything is 'my choice', but I would much appreciate regular opportunities to talk over the situation. I have had just one interview with 'the doctor', during her weekly visit and the managements of some of the extras remain a complete mystery despite repeated requests.

Garden Layout is excellent.

Good service

My wife has received kind and considerate care of the highest standard from every staff member within the home.

I would certainly recommend Waverley Grange.

Very good nice staff, very helpful.

I cannot recommend Waverley Grange highly enough. The level of quality and care is outstanding.

Waverley certainly lives up to the 'care' in its title. I found it most welcoming and reassuring in the professionalism and concern of the staff. In no way does one feel institutionalised. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone seeking comfort and stimulation in beautiful grounds.

To live in the lap of luxury.

It is like a 5* hotel. I hope somewhere like this is available if I should need it.

Submit a Review for Waverley Grange Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Waverley Grange Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Waverley Grange Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Waverley Grange Care Home