Moorlands Care Home with Nursing, Lightwater, Surrey

Moorlands Care Home with Nursing has a pleasant location, with close proximity to local amenities and to London transport routes.

The home is registered with the Care Quality Commission to provide both short and long-term nursing care to 40 elderly people.

The interior is tastefully furnished and comfortable lounge and coffee areas overlook the large, landscaped gardens. There is also an attractive central courtyard area, which is well used during the summer months.

Moorlands has well proportioned rooms, boasting a wealth of original features. All bedrooms are fitted with television and telephone points, and many are with en suite facilities. Residents may wish, bring their own possessions to add that valuable personal touch to make their room as homely as possible, and to ease the transition of the move into their new home.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: Tracey Jepson (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 41 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Hindi, Malay, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Moorlands Care Home with Nursing: click here

The Review Score of 8.1 (maximum of 10) for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing is based on 3 Review/Recommendations in the last 2 years. This Review Score of 8.059 is made up of a Quality Score of 4.613 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the rating and a Quantity Score of 3.446 Points (maximum of 5) relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

The Review Score of 8.059 for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing is based on 3 Reviews/Recommendations in the last 2 years.

The Quality Score (average rating) of 4.613 for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows: ( (20 Excellents x 5) + (10 Goods x 4) + (1 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 31 Ratings = 4.613

The Quantity Score of 3.446 for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing is calculated as follows:

2. 0.1 x 3 Positive Reviews = 0.300

Although I had no complaints about the home during previous administrations, the new manager Vicky has introduced new techniques to incentivise staff. She has very positive ideas on how a home should be run and has brought about changes which have benefitted residents. She has a sympathetic relationship with relatives, always helpful and approachable. I am pleased that my mother and father are under her care. My father was 100 on the 21st May and the birthday party organised by the home was fantastic.

The staff treat nan with respect and warmth. The staff in the nursing home are very helpful.

My mother spent 10 weeks in respite care at Moorlands in Lightwater. Although unhappy about having to be there, my mother was appreciative of the care she received. With the help of carers and the home's visiting physiotherapist, my mother regained the ability to walk, albeit with a walking frame, and her confidence gradually improved. Once mobile again, her confidence grew and she is now back in her own home.

Submit a Review for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Moorlands Care Home with Nursing

Registered General Nurse

£11.00 - £15.00 per hour (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Care Assistant

To be discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Domestic Assistants Wanted!

To Be Discussed (Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Tracey

Tracey Jepson

Joined: 2015

I originally qualified as a Mental Health Nurse and spent 17 years working in Forensic Nursing. I went on to become the Hospital Director of Hart’s Leap Hospital for four years, which was my first role with Caring Homes. I then became the Home Manager of our sister home in Sunningdale, Dormy House, before transferring to Moorlands in 2015.

My role is to provide effective leadership in the home, protecting the safety and rights of our residents. I’m also here to support our Care Team, making sure they have access to the training and development opportunities they need to deliver the best standards of care we can provide.

I enjoy striving towards making our home the best it can be, and am always pleased to seeing improvements coming together. I love getting to know residents and relatives, and building strong relationships is important to me. Ensuring our residents receive the best quality care we can provide, and being responsible for that is probably what I enjoy most about my job.

My strong leadership experience is one of the key things I bring to the home and I always do everything I can to improve engagement with residents, relatives and my Care Team.

I ran a very successful and highly regarded hospital when I first joined Caring Homes, and went on to achieve a good CQC rating shortly after I became the manager at Dormy House – these are probably my biggest career achievements so far. My biggest personal achievements include raising my son and travelling to see the world.

I have lived in the area for the past 20 years, so I am familiar with the local community and have good contacts with nearby medical professionals and organisations.

One of the best things about our area is the accessibility of both town and countryside, so we get the best of both worlds – attractive scenery within easy reach of all the great amenities available in London.

I choose to work with Caring Homes because the company has a caring approach toward the people in our homes – putting the residents first is important to me, and that’s something I share with Caring Homes.

In my spare time I like spending time with my son, watching films and eating out in restaurants. I’m also a huge fan of Take That, and have taken every opportunity to see them perform live in concert!

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Moorlands Care Home with Nursing