Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home, Guildford, Surrey
Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home
Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

The Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home is a Guildford facility that is part of the growing and respected portfolio of providers and experts called Carebase.

The service welcomes residents for residential, nursing and dementia care, with staff skilled in taking care of the needs of the elderly, as well as those with mental health complications.

Residents are encouraged to practice their personal freedoms, treating Queen Elizabeth Park as their own home and inviting their family and friends to visit regularly.

Group: Carebase Ltd

Person in charge: Heather De-ninis (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 77 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Hearing Impairment • Speech Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Ground Floor Accommodation only • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

November 2014

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.3 for Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My mother required 24/7 care (she was disabled and unable to use her right hand for feeding/injections - diabetic) over the last year of her life, and that is exactly what she received at the above home. So many staff on duty all of the time, plus constant feedback from nurse(s)/doctor etc. Trips/activities in abundance. Lovely gardens in the summer months. All staff and management always helpful and friendly.

How likely would you be to recommend Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Lynn M (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 19 February 2015. Review relates to January 2015.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

Spent the last four years of life being cared for very well.

Submitted by Diana H (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 11 February 2015.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My sister Barbara Hayden was taken to hospital because of an infection that was not seen by her previous care home and the visiting doctor failed to prescribe medication. Due to this situation I felt my sister should move to another care home, and after many visits to different care homes we chose Queen Elizabeth Park. Unfortunately, my sister only survived 2 weeks, but during this time QEP looked after and nursed her, and the staff were very caring to her and to us. Therefore, it was only a short period - but I would like to recommend QEP.

Submitted by Edward Hayden (Brother of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 6 January 2015.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My brother was treated with extreme kindness and respect after a difficult time in hospital. The nursing care was faultless. All staff were considerate and helpful to both my brother and his visitors, we were very impressed by their care, concern, and knowledge. All staff went that extra mile for my brother and all his visitors. I cannot put into words how grateful we are.

Submitted by Jacqueline W (Sister of Resident/Service User) on Monday 1 December 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

During my mothers time at Q.E. myself and family members spent a great deal of time with mum. On every occasion we were made to feel very welcome, that we felt we were part of their family. The level of care was outstanding and nothing was ever too much trouble. I will never forget the laughter and friendship that you all gave to my mum right up until she got her angel wings.

Submitted by Marion H (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 19 November 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

Excellent care provided in last few months of my aunt's life.

Submitted by Karen Duncan (Niece of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 22 October 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My father stayed only a few weeks at Queen Elizabeth Park, the care and attention he received exceeded all my expectations. A splendid clean and homelike experience. Thank you so much.

Submitted by Douglas Pirrie (Son of Resident/Service User) on Monday 1 September 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

The care that my mother received was outstanding. She spent two weeks respite on the nursing floor. Everyone she came into contact with had time to give my mother such wonderful attention. Nothing was too much trouble. So much so she didn't want to leave!! and for someone that feared going into a care home we found it amazing. Facilities that were there were brilliant.

Submitted by Deborah B (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 20 August 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My Mother was only at Queen Elizabeth Park Home for two weeks before she sadly died. Within this time all the staff were supportive,kind,thoughtful and professional in every aspect. Not only to my Mother, but to myself and my family.

Submitted by Jennifer W (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 30 June 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

They keep my husband very busy, safe and the people are friendly and helpful.

Submitted by Jean G (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Thursday 19 June 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My husband was a resident at Queen Elizabeth Park for 1 year and 8 months. He died on 16 May age 101. From the beginning I knew he was in the right place. While I awaited his arrival from the hospital, staff members introduced themselves and had a chat. He was always treated with patience and courtesy. At all times the staff achieved what they aimed for, to keep him comfortable, clean and free of pain. I was always treated as one of a family. I cannot praise the staff enough.

Submitted by Mae Deverell (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 18 June 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My Dad has been a resident for 2 months having been in hospital previously for 7 months with a brain tumour. The manager and staff are so welcoming, friendly, always make time to talk to us and want to make us all feel at home. Nothing is too much trouble. The activities put on for the residents are fantastic and ensure that the residents do not get bored. He has improved so much that we are now planning his discharge. This would not have been possible without the care, encouragement and determination of the staff. The staff in charge are so professional, helpful and positive. We looked at many care homes and can not recommend this one enough, it was definitely the right choice. We would be very happy for my dad to return if and when the time is appropriate again.

Submitted by Anne Moffat (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Review of Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

My husband who is 77 was transferred to this care home from Woking Rehabilitation Unit after having had a brain tumour removed 9 months ago in St Georges Hospital. We looked at 12 care homes in the area and this was the only one we deemed suitable for a man of his age. He is very happy and the home is so welcoming and kind to both him and us. We hope to have him home in the not too distant future. I would highly recommend this home to people.

Submitted by Jean B (Wife of Resident/Service User) on Tuesday 27 May 2014.

Submit a Recommendation for Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home

Registered Nurse - Days

£13.65 Per hour

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time)

Guildford, Surrey

25 Mar 2015
Apply Here

Jean

Jean Bishop

Jean is a registered mental health and general nurse and started her training in 1989 in Dublin, Ireland. Her Carebase career began in 2004 by managing the nursing floor at QEP and she went on to manage another Carebase home in 2008.

She has a keen interest in training and development of staff and enjoys seeing staff gain knowledge and career development.

Jackie Avenell

Job Title: Activities Coordinator

Jackie has worked at Queen Elizabeth Park for eight years. As the activities coordinator Jackie uses a wide range of activities and therapies to stimulate the residents and ensure they enjoy themselves. Jackie sets out to make a difference using her extensive schedule to improve the quality of life for the residents.

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Queen Elizabeth Park Private Care Home