Sunrise of Virginia Water, Virginia Water, Surrey
Sunrise of Virginia Water
Sunrise of Virginia Water

Sunrise of Virginia Water is at the very heart of the bustling and affluent village community and is conveniently located for access to numerous local facilities such as the library, bank, doctors and coffee shops.

Situated on the edge of the Wentworth Estate, Windsor Great Park and Runnymede, the area possesses a real rural feel. There are excellent transport links locally with the M25 and train links to Reading, Weybridge and Waterloo, next door.

The community is very accessible for friends and family to visit. A lovely place to live, in a highly sought after location.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Tony Hill (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 72 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Virginia Water: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Sunrise of Virginia Water

(Call 01344 987628 for details of vacancies in both our dementia care and assisted living neighbourhoods.)
posted 24 Oct 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Virginia Water

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.6 for Sunrise of Virginia Water) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

The best home I've visited. Doesn't ever smell unpleasant. Staff make a big effort to get to know the residents and their families. The home is near to the Doctors and station. Doesn't feel like an institution.

Submitted by Janet C (Daughter of Resident) on Monday 4 August 2014.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

The staff of Sunrise are very caring and often go beyond their duty to care and make the residents relaxed, happy and comfortable.

Submitted by Lesley Webster (Daughter of resident) on Friday 1 August 2014.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

My mother was cared for at Sunrise until the end of her life. As a family we were all very happy with the care and attention that they gave to our mother and also to us when we visited. They have a good attitude towards the elderly and infirm - positive dignity and respect.

Submitted by Julia G (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 26 September 2013.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

I would recommend because of the satisfaction of services and quality of care.

Submitted by Stella M (Resident) on Monday 1 July 2013.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

I am satisfied with all the facilities of the care home with the exception of the catering which is poor and compares badly with pub cooking. It is a mixture of undefinable styles of low grade European fare. My requirement is for traditional English food prepared by a competent chef/cook trained to a good English cooking standard. I feel sure that many residents agree with me.

Submitted by John C (Resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Sunrise of Virginia Water

Over several years I have visited friends living in care homes, and I have found them most depressing, and some smell of urine. It was, therefore, a lovely surprise to arrive here to see if I would wish to settle here for the rest of my life, and the look and ambience of the place was so pleasing. I am very content here, enjoy the meals and outings, as well as various pastimes. I have a great admiration for the kind and patient carers - they are wonderful.

Submitted by Yvonne D (Resident) on Monday 3 June 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Sunrise of Virginia Water

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Virginia Water

Tony

Tony Hill

Joined: 2010

“At Virginia Water we have a brilliant, professional team who always go out of their way for every resident to make sure their specific needs are catered for. I am extremely proud to manage this Community and the standards we strive to achieve each and every day.”

Inga

Inga Grimailaite

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2006

“ Hello, my name is Inga Grimailaite and I am the Registered Manager at Virginia Water. I have been working for the company for nearly 8 years and had great opportunities. I have completed NVQ4 in health and social care and undertaken regular training in order to update my skills and knowledge. I have worked with people with dementia for four years and I have a passion for delivering quality and real person-centred care. I enjoy working alongside excellent team members and feeling valued as an individual within that service and the organisation in general.”

Jane

Jane Nelson

Job Title: Assisted Living Coordinator

Joined: 2008

“I love the variety in my job, there is never a dull moment. The residents make each day unique, we chat and laugh a lot and that makes a difference in all our lives. Sunrise supports living life to the full for all our residents whatever their ability and that’s what makes it such an excellent atmosphere in which to work.

Linda

Linda Dickin

Job Title: Community Relations Associate

Joined: 2011

I have worked for Sunrise of Virginia Water since 2011. My current role as Community Relations Associate is to help to provide a personal and seamless service to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. My background and experience in a customer focused environment means I am well equipped in this field and am able to put people at their ease and play my part in providing our customers with a first class service, tailored to meet their individual needs. Teamwork is key to the success of any organisation, I love my role and I feel that I have become a valued and integral part of the team here at Virginia Water.

Mark

Mark Wren

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

Being a part of the Sunrise Community here in Virginia Water is extremely rewarding as each of the residents living here is uniquely wonderful. It is a privilege for me to be in a position where I can strive to provide them with activities and entertainment that enriches and enlivens their days

Melissa

Melissa Gregorian

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Joined: 2011

My role at Sunrise is to provide advice and guidance to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. I am constantly amazed by the transformation so many residents go through from being lonely and isolated in their own homes to smiling and chatting in the Bistro, making new friends. This same type of positive transformation can happen in our Reminiscence neighbourhoods too, where we specialize in dementia care. These residents can go from being confused and anxious to feeling more relaxed and secure. Knowing that I am going to help make a positive change like this in someone's life is what I find so rewarding about working at Sunrise.”

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Virginia Water