Sunrise of Virginia Water, Virginia Water, Surrey

Sunrise of Virginia Water is at the very heart of the bustling and affluent village community and is conveniently located for access to numerous local facilities such as the library, bank, doctors and coffee shops.

Situated on the edge of the Wentworth Estate, Windsor Great Park and Runnymede, the area possesses a real rural feel. There are excellent transport links locally with the M25 and train links to Reading, Weybridge and Waterloo, next door.

The community is very accessible for friends and family to visit. A lovely place to live, in a highly sought after location.

Group: Sunrise Senior Living

Person in charge: Tony Hill (General Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home only (Residential Care) – Privately Owned , 72 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Bar/Cafe on premises • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Sunrise of Virginia Water: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.4 for Sunrise of Virginia Water) is based on 27 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

I've only been here 5 weeks but feel very comfortable and relaxed. All the staff are very caring and can't do enough for me.

How likely would you be to recommend Sunrise of Virginia Water? Extremely likely

Sunrise of Virginia Water

I am extremely happy living here. Sunrise offers everything required.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Overall standard is excellent. Safe and secure surroundings. Care managers are very aware of residents needs.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Everyone is so friendly nothing is too much trouble. Yes I would recommend it to my friends.

Very satisfied.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Well organised, professional, care very good, recruitment of suitable staff- excellent.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Care & overall standard is good. Activities are excellent, very varied and enjoyable.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Carers very patient and kind. Room pleasant and clean, entertainment enjoyable, food nourishing.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Recruitment of suitable caring staff excellent. Carers very good. Sunrise, very professional organisation. Well organised care home.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Plenty of choice of food and drink, staff very attentive. Rooms very comfortable, facilities varied and enjoyable.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Just like a real home environment always spotless, warm and friendly. Staff extremely helpful and always ready to listen and always chat to residents and are happy and cheerful. If there's anything at all wrong with mummy however small I am always informed immediately and action Is taken immediately. Mummy is happy, safe and well cared for and is treated with kindness and respect and helpful at all times.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

They won't find a better home than this, they might find one just as good but it couldn't be better. We love it here we get a very good service and there is lots going on, outings, lots of different activities and I can now paint a picture that I am proud to show off. All the staff are wonderful.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

I find living here a wonderful experience, lots of friendly company and the staff are all so kind, nothing is too much trouble.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

My mum was very resistant to moving into Sunrise. She values privacy very much and has never been a "joiner-in." She's always been quite unsociable.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Staff are very caring & helpful. Comfortable surroundings. Made to feel welcome & feel very secure. Bus trips are most enjoyable.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

My mother has lived at Sunrise Virginia Water for 14 months. Mum moved from Northern Ireland to be nearer my brother and I. Mum has settled in so well due to the professional and caring considerate staff. Mum speaks so highly of everyone. Management, caring, activities, trips out, surroundings and environment all excellent. I am contacted immediately if any concerns regarding mam or just updates. I visit 2-3 times weekly as does my brother and everything including mum is treated with dignity, kindness compassion and love. Outstanding. Thank You.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

There are very helpful staff, all of my requirements are met. The staff are fantastic- very obliging. I have no criticism at all.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Cath thinks it's a very good residential home. All staff are very nice and friendly, lots to do.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

My experience here is very good, the place is run very efficiently. The management know what is going on and are in control. The place is thoroughly well managed and has a very happy atmosphere for us living here. I think people settle very quickly here.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

The home here is very good and I truly enjoy living here. The staff are great and have a lot of patience.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

My experience has been enjoyable, I have no complaints. The staff are superb. When I came here I was in very bad shape and they pulled me up.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Sunrise is a good place to be- there are many caring staff- the food is good. I have a large pleasant room over looking the garden. There are lots of things happening all the time here and several outings each week in the Sunrise Mini Bus! Our rooms are cleaned frequently - checks are made to see that showers etc. are working correctly . The staff are quick to respond when called with a problem.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

I cannot recommend Sunrise more highly it is superb in every way. As an ex nurse I can see how beautifully things are done. Carers concierge, restaurant staff. Cleanliness. There are no smells of food only lovely toast or baking. It is bright and cheerful. The staff are patient, kind and never patronising, no matter how busy they are if a resident stops them to talk to them they give the resident their individual attention.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

I cannot speak too highly of the care and attention I have received during the almost five years I have spent here at Sunrise Virginia Water. The provision of services is faultless and made even more effective by the depth of a real spirit of human affection by everyone involved in caring for us all.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

Father in law had difficulty at home which was two storey. We live our of the country and we feel much better with supervision when we are not here.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

The staff of Sunrise are very caring and often go beyond their duty to care and make the residents relaxed, happy and comfortable.

Sunrise of Virginia Water

My mother was cared for at Sunrise until the end of her life. As a family we were all very happy with the care and attention that they gave to our mother and also to us when we visited. They have a good attitude towards the elderly and infirm - positive dignity and respect.

Submit a Review for Sunrise of Virginia Water

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Sunrise of Virginia Water

There are no jobs posted yet for Sunrise of Virginia Water

Tony

Tony Hill

Joined: 2010

“At Virginia Water we have a brilliant, professional team who always go out of their way for every resident to make sure their specific needs are catered for. I am extremely proud to manage this Community and the standards we strive to achieve each and every day.”

Inga

Inga Grimailaite

Job Title: Deputy Manager

Joined: 2006

“ Hello, my name is Inga Grimailaite and I am the Registered Manager at Virginia Water. I have been working for the company for nearly 8 years and had great opportunities. I have completed NVQ4 in health and social care and undertaken regular training in order to update my skills and knowledge. I have worked with people with dementia for four years and I have a passion for delivering quality and real person-centred care. I enjoy working alongside excellent team members and feeling valued as an individual within that service and the organisation in general.”

Maxine

Maxine Freeman

Job Title: Assisted Living Coordinator

As the Assisted Living Co-ordinator, I am responsible for the care and wellbeing of my residents and my team. My role is to ensure that we co-ordinate our carers to deliver excellent individual care and to ensure we meet the specific needs of our residents at Sunrise of Virginia Water.

I enjoy developing my team and seeing our residents benefit from the care they receive. I am passionate about working with seniors and very proud of our community.

Linda

Linda Dickin

Job Title: Community Relations Associate

Joined: 2011

I have worked for Sunrise of Virginia Water since 2011. My current role as Community Relations Associate is to help to provide a personal and seamless service to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. My background and experience in a customer focused environment means I am well equipped in this field and am able to put people at their ease and play my part in providing our customers with a first class service, tailored to meet their individual needs. Teamwork is key to the success of any organisation, I love my role and I feel that I have become a valued and integral part of the team here at Virginia Water.

Mark

Mark Wren

Job Title: Activities and Volunteers Co-ordinator

Being a part of the Sunrise Community here in Virginia Water is extremely rewarding as each of the residents living here is uniquely wonderful. It is a privilege for me to be in a position where I can strive to provide them with activities and entertainment that enriches and enlivens their days

Melissa

Melissa Gregorian

Job Title: Director of Community Relations

Joined: 2011

My role at Sunrise is to provide advice and guidance to seniors and their families throughout the moving process. I am constantly amazed by the transformation so many residents go through from being lonely and isolated in their own homes to smiling and chatting in the Bistro, making new friends. This same type of positive transformation can happen in our Reminiscence neighbourhoods too, where we specialize in dementia care. These residents can go from being confused and anxious to feeling more relaxed and secure. Knowing that I am going to help make a positive change like this in someone's life is what I find so rewarding about working at Sunrise.”

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Sunrise of Virginia Water