Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home, Reigate, Surrey
Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home
Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Wray Common Nursing Home with its English garden setting and wealth of charm and character is situated in a quiet residential area of Reigate, Surrey.

Nursing Care, Comfort and Friendship in a 'Home from Home' atmosphere are an essential part of the very high Nursing standards provided. Registered Nurses and care assistants are selected not only for their experience and Nursing skills but also for the warmth of personality they bring to the home. The welfare of patients is catered for twenty four hours a day, by professional and trained staff, under the supervision of the highly qualified Matron in charge.

All Rooms, are centrally heated, tastefully decorated and furnished to enhance the light airy atmosphere of the home. A day longe provides a regular meeting place with colour television for residents viewing pleasure. If desired they may also have a television set for private viewing in their own room.

Recognising that some residents prefer privacy and some companionship, there are both single and twin bedded rooms on either the ground or first floor, with an accompanied lift available. Some residents like to have familiar objects with them and are very welcome to bring personal possessions, such as a favourite table or chair and ornaments for their own room.

Meals are taken in our pleasant dining rooms, or if desired in the resident's own room. We take pride in the variety and quality of our cuisine. Tempting meals are provided and special dietary needs and personal preferences are also catered for whilst maintaining a well balanced and nutritious menu.

We Understand the very individual needs of all our residents and offer a variety of professional services including Chiropodists, Optician and Hairdresser on a regular basis. A General Practitioner visits regularly and as required. All religions can be catered for with visits from various Ministers.

Owner: Dovestone Estates Ltd

Person in charge: Melanie Sadler (Manager / Matron)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 105.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review is about my mothers care at Wray Common Nursing Home
First the choosing of this home, this is a very stressful process; (I am sure other family’s are aware). I visited unannounced at several homes but in general was unimpressed either by the lack of planning / organisation, staff ratio’s or just plain poor ambiance. At Wray Common I found staff Ratio’s high, a well organised motivated team and a manager that knew exactly what was happening, answered questions honestly and in detail, on other visits it was obvious he was on site most days. My mum took up residence at Wray Common after a protracted stay in a hospital where she had gained a number of bed sores and also sun burn, (from being left by a window for to long) to be blunt she was poorly, confused and depressed. The team at Wray Common were proactive and gave my mum constant positive care, and I mean care not just nursing, which had been sorely missing. Soon my mum’s skin had healed her bedsores reduced (this was a longer process) and she became positive and less confused. After that she was encouraged to join in the excellent activities that are run there by people with imagination, care and patients. I visit on a regular basis and have always found enough staff on duty and someone to talk too; all the staff are up to date about my mum, the carers are excellent and show patients and compassion, mum always states that they are always happy to help. The staff at Wray Common have not only cared for my mum but have given her a new lease of life. She has had chest infections whilst there; however these were caught early and doctor called and the appropriate medication prescribed. With the nurse ensuring that my mum takes the medication (lacking in the past) she has recovered quickly. I am very happy that I placed my mum’s care into the hands of Wray Common Thank you

How likely would you be to recommend Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home? Extremely likely

Submitted by Simon Brown (Son of Resident/Service User) on Wednesday 19 November 2014. Review relates to July 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

My elderly father, who suffered with late stage dementia, spent the last 2 weeks of his life at the nursing home. Our family could not have asked for better care for him and he was treated with the utmost respect and consideration. The staff, especially the matron and the nurses, were very helpful, kind and supportive to us. We would highly recommend this nursing home.

Submitted by Annette (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Saturday 13 September 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

I cannot wish for better care for my husband. I know when I leave him he is content and safe. Nothing is too much for the staff.

Submitted by Sandra S (Wife of resident) on Wednesday 11 June 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

The owners and staff at Wray Common are amazing. They always greet you with a smile and go the extra mile to ensure that residents are happy and have everything they need or want. Whenever I have gone to the matron with any queries or questions regarding any matter pertaining to my mother, she always makes me welcome and answers anything I ask.

Submitted by Lynne D (Daughter of Resident) on Tuesday 18 February 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

My father has had two visits at Wray Common in the last 2 years. On both occassions the care was exemplary. All the carers were attentive and supportive to both my father's and our needs. During this most recent visit, in his final days, Dad was kept very comfortable and we were given the support and advice we needed. The care was always respectful and appropriate for which we are very grateful. We would particularly thank the homes nursing manager for the professionalism and compassion shown to us.

Submitted by Matthew Glass (Resident) on Saturday 25 January 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Very satisfied with the quality of care my mother receives.

Submitted by Shirley H (Daughter of Resident/Service User) on Monday 13 January 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

My mother has lived at Wray Common now since March. The carers and nursing staff have been wonderful. The staff are so patient and I always hear from them when I arrive as to how Mum has been since my last visit. She has settled in well and is enjoying the constant care and mental stimulation which is provided at Wray Common. Visitors are always welcome and we can pop in to see Mum at any time, which made Christmas a really special time.

Submitted by Janet Diprose (Daughter of resident) on Friday 10 January 2014.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Kind and considerate attitude by all staff to residents, never patronising. A lovely mix of attentive care and encouraging my aunt to retain some independence.

Submitted by Leonora C (Niece of resident) on Friday 15 November 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Having had my mother here for 18 months, I would be pleased to live here myself (in a few years' time).

Submitted by Michael Ball (Son of Resident) on Monday 9 September 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Our mother has been a resident for 30 months and received wonderful attention, given with great care and consideration. We are always informed of any changes or concerns. I would recommend Wray Common Nursing Home.

Submitted by Valerie Hood (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 19 June 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

My father has been in Wray Common for only a few weeks, but has settled in very well. He's described the staff as very patient and today said they did a tremendous job when he needed some help. He's really enjoyed the music/concert, the excellent food, and watching his own little television. Today we went out in the garden for sunshine and breezes, and memory sharing with the aid of a book that is very important to Dad.

Submitted by Penny Trigg (Daughter of resident) on Wednesday 12 June 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

As a family we have always found this nursing home very caring and very communicative. My mother always looks clean, comfortable and at peace.

Submitted by Pamela Mahoney (Daughter of resident) on Tuesday 11 June 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

I am very satisfied with the care being given to my husband who is completely reliant on the staff for absolutely everything. They are courteous and caring and I feel very happy to leave him in their care.

Submitted by Barbara Hodges (Wife of resident) on Friday 7 June 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

As a regular visitor I am impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to listen to any concerns which may arise. Residents are encouraged to join in with regular activities which enhance quality of life. The building has character which brings with it some minor problems but the level of care more than makes up for this and I would not wish my friend to be looked after anywhere else.

Submitted by Maggie Stanger (Regular visitor) on Thursday 25 April 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

My father is very happy here. He has a lovely large tastefully decorated room with an en-suite. It is well equipt and always spotlessly clean and well heated. Matron is very approachable and supportive. All the staff are wonderful and fully supportive of my father and the rest of the family. He is extremely well cared for and all his needs are meet. As a family we are always welcome and the staff always have time to talk to us. It is reassuring to know that he is in such capable hands. He enjoys the afternoon activities in the lounge , the musical afternoons and room visits. All in all I can HIGHLY recommend this nursing home.

Submitted by Anne Clayton (Daughter of resident) on Thursday 18 April 2013.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

I had looked at several care homes for my Mum before I found Wray Common. The care at Wray Common is second to none. The staff are professional and caring. The Nursing quality is extremely high and they understand my Mum's needs. I travel a lot for my work and now I feel quite secure in knowing my Mum is being cared for while I'm away. Her room is a good size with en-suite and has a nice view of the lovely garden. Gardening was one of her pleasures. I know she will be looking forward to getting out there in the summer.

Submitted by Lee Bristow (Son of resident) on Friday 29 March 2013.

Submit a Recommendation for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

(please write a short headline summary)

There are no jobs posted yet for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home