Fees Advice From Saga
Care Home Advice
Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home, Reigate, Surrey
Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home
Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Wray Common Nursing Home with its English garden setting and wealth of charm and character is situated in a quiet residential area of Reigate, Surrey.

Nursing Care, Comfort and Friendship in a 'Home from Home' atmosphere are an essential part of the very high Nursing standards provided. Registered Nurses and care assistants are selected not only for their experience and Nursing skills but also for the warmth of personality they bring to the home. The welfare of patients is catered for twenty four hours a day, by professional and trained staff, under the supervision of the highly qualified Matron in charge.

All Rooms, are centrally heated, tastefully decorated and furnished to enhance the light airy atmosphere of the home. A day longe provides a regular meeting place with colour television for residents viewing pleasure. If desired they may also have a television set for private viewing in their own room.

Recognising that some residents prefer privacy and some companionship, there are both single and twin bedded rooms on either the ground or first floor, with an accompanied lift available. Some residents like to have familiar objects with them and are very welcome to bring personal possessions, such as a favourite table or chair and ornaments for their own room.

Meals are taken in our pleasant dining rooms, or if desired in the resident's own room. We take pride in the variety and quality of our cuisine. Tempting meals are provided and special dietary needs and personal preferences are also catered for whilst maintaining a well balanced and nutritious menu.

We Understand the very individual needs of all our residents and offer a variety of professional services including Chiropodists, Optician and Hairdresser on a regular basis. A General Practitioner visits regularly and as required. All religions can be catered for with visits from various Ministers.

Safety and well being is ensured at all times, the home caters for high dependancy patients, providing holistic palliative and terminal care as needs require. Each patients room has an electronic nurse call system, together with modern fire detection control equipment and a complete automatic emergency lighting system. Wash hand basins are in each room and all laundry, including patients personal clothing is carried out on the premises at no extra charge.

Family and visitors are made welcome at all times, with specific requests always favourably considered.

We welcome all prospective residents and their families to view the Nursing Home at any time or by prior arrangement with the matron.

Owner: Dovestone Estates Ltd

Person in charge: Melanie Sadler (Owner)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 53 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Hearing Impairment • Motor Neurone Disease • Neuropathic • Orthopaedic • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Ages from 60 to 105.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

(A bright, attractive and airy room with en-suite facility.)
posted 09 Apr 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.4 for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Tuesday 18 February 2014 by Lynne D (Daughter of Resident)

The owners and staff at Wray Common are amazing. They always greet you with a smile and go the extra mile to ensure that residents are happy and have everything they need or want. Whenever I have gone to the matron with any queries or questions regarding any matter pertaining to my mother, she always makes me welcome and answers anything I ask.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Saturday 25 January 2014 by Matthew Glass (Resident)

My father has had two visits at Wray Common in the last 2 years. On both occassions the care was exemplary. All the carers were attentive and supportive to both my father's and our needs. During this most recent visit, in his final days, Dad was kept very comfortable and we were given the support and advice we needed. The care was always respectful and appropriate for which we are very grateful. We would particularly thank the homes nursing manager for the professionalism and compassion shown to us.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Monday 13 January 2014 by Shirley H (Daughter of service user)

Very satisfied with the quality of care my mother receives.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Friday 10 January 2014 by Janet Diprose (Daughter of resident)

My mother has lived at Wray Common now since March. The carers and nursing staff have been wonderful. The staff are so patient and I always hear from them when I arrive as to how Mum has been since my last visit. She has settled in well and is enjoying the constant care and mental stimulation which is provided at Wray Common. Visitors are always welcome and we can pop in to see Mum at any time, which made Christmas a really special time.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Friday 15 November 2013 by Leonora C (Niece of resident)

Kind and considerate attitude by all staff to residents, never patronising. A lovely mix of attentive care and encouraging my aunt to retain some independence.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Monday 9 September 2013 by Michael Ball (Son of Resident)

Having had my mother here for 18 months, I would be pleased to live here myself (in a few years' time).

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Wednesday 19 June 2013 by Valerie Hood (Daughter of resident)

Our mother has been a resident for 30 months and received wonderful attention, given with great care and consideration. We are always informed of any changes or concerns. I would recommend Wray Common Nursing Home.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Wednesday 12 June 2013 by Penny Trigg (Daughter of resident)

My father has been in Wray Common for only a few weeks, but has settled in very well. He's described the staff as very patient and today said they did a tremendous job when he needed some help. He's really enjoyed the music/concert, the excellent food, and watching his own little television. Today we went out in the garden for sunshine and breezes, and memory sharing with the aid of a book that is very important to Dad.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Tuesday 11 June 2013 by Pamela Mahoney (Daughter of resident)

As a family we have always found this nursing home very caring and very communicative. My mother always looks clean, comfortable and at peace.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Friday 7 June 2013 by Barbara Hodges (Wife of resident)

I am very satisfied with the care being given to my husband who is completely reliant on the staff for absolutely everything. They are courteous and caring and I feel very happy to leave him in their care.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Thursday 25 April 2013 by Maggie Stanger (Regular visitor)

As a regular visitor I am impressed by the friendliness of the staff and their willingness to listen to any concerns which may arise. Residents are encouraged to join in with regular activities which enhance quality of life. The building has character which brings with it some minor problems but the level of care more than makes up for this and I would not wish my friend to be looked after anywhere else.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Thursday 18 April 2013 by Anne Clayton (Daughter of resident)

My father is very happy here. He has a lovely large tastefully decorated room with an en-suite. It is well equipt and always spotlessly clean and well heated. Matron is very approachable and supportive. All the staff are wonderful and fully supportive of my father and the rest of the family. He is extremely well cared for and all his needs are meet. As a family we are always welcome and the staff always have time to talk to us. It is reassuring to know that he is in such capable hands. He enjoys the afternoon activities in the lounge , the musical afternoons and room visits. All in all I can HIGHLY recommend this nursing home.

Review of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home on Friday 29 March 2013 by Lee Bristow (Son of resident)

I had looked at several care homes for my Mum before I found Wray Common. The care at Wray Common is second to none. The staff are professional and caring. The Nursing quality is extremely high and they understand my Mum's needs. I travel a lot for my work and now I feel quite secure in knowing my Mum is being cared for while I'm away. Her room is a good size with en-suite and has a nice view of the lovely garden. Gardening was one of her pleasures. I know she will be looking forward to getting out there in the summer.

Submit a Recommendation for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

(Please do no enter spaces)

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

There are no jobs posted yet for Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Wray Common Nursing & Residential Home