Ashton Manor Nursing Home

Beales Lane, Wrecclesham, Farnham GU10 4PY

Ashton Manor Nursing Home, Farnham, Surrey

Ashton Manor is located in Farnham, Surrey, where it specialises in looking after residents with various stages of dementia and Alzheimer's disease, working closely with both residents and their families in the process.

The aim of the home's hard-working care professionals is to improve the quality of life that those living with dementia can experience while maintaining a healthy environment and pleasant living atmosphere.

All residents benefit from en-suite rooms with adapted bath facilities and can enjoy relaxing in the landscaped gardens or attractive conservatory area.

Respite care and day care is available to the local community.

At the last CQC inspection in September 2016, the home was rated as Good in all areas.

Group: Beritaz Care

Person in charge: Carla Dixon-Peart (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: Surrey County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 39 residents

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Weekly Charges Guide: Personal Care Single £750 – £950

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Our home is open for visits within reasonable social hours and highly recommend calling us prior to your visit so the full attention can be given to you.

There is a parking available in front of the home.

Latest CQC* Report on Ashton Manor Nursing Home: click here

posted 12 Jan 2017

We currently have one room available. You are very welcome to come and visit our home at any time but to meet the manager we recommend booking an appointment. Please contact us on 01252 722967 or email us: info@beritazcare.co.uk

9.6 Ashton Manor Nursing Home has a Review Score of 9.6 (9.556)

The Review Score of 9.6 (maximum of 10) for Ashton Manor Nursing Home is based on a) the Average Rating and b) the number of positive Reviews.

• a) The Average Rating is 4.6 out of 5 from 14 Reviews over all time. This Average Rating is also the rating value for Ashton Manor Nursing Home in Google's Search Results - more info

• b) The score for the number of positive Reviews is 5 out of 5 from 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months.

The Average Rating of 4.556 for Ashton Manor Nursing Home is calculated as follows: ( (94 Excellents x 5) + (61 Goods x 4) + (5 Satisfactorys x 3) ) ÷ 160 Ratings = 4.556

2. 1 point is available for reaching a target number of Positive Reviews based on 20% of the number of registered beds. If the target is partially reached then that proportion of 1 point is given. eg a Care Home with 50 registered beds has a target of 10 Positive Reviews, if it has 10 or more Positive Reviews it will receive 1 point, if it has 7 reviews will receive 0.7 points.

The 5 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews for Ashton Manor Nursing Home is based on 11 positive Reviews in the last 12 months and is calculated as follows:

2. Target of 7.8 positive Reviews (39 registered beds ÷ 5). 11 Reviews ÷ 7.8 Target Reached = 1

• Good

How Likely are the Reviewers to Recommend Ashton Manor Nursing Home?

Reviewer Connection to Ashton Manor Nursing Home

• Partner of Resident/Service User

My father-in-law didn't want to go into care, but he is settled well. I am impressed not only with the quality of professional care but with the warmth and compassion. Our visit last night felt as though we were in a family home, not nursing care. Such care, such warmth, it put our minds at rest.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Manor Nursing Home? Extremely Likely

My mother has been a resident at Ashton Manor for nearly three years after suffering a second major stroke which left her unable to care for herself or speak. In those three years, I have seen great improvements in Ashton Manor both in the fabric of the building and the staffing. I would not hesitate to recommend the home as it is a most caring and happy place where the staff do a great job led by the general manager. With the recent appointment of a new full-time activities person and a calendar of events, it is good to see the residents enjoying a timetable of things that both stimulate and entertain them.

My mother has been a resident at Ashton Manor Nursing Home for 2 1/2 years now suffering from dementia. I visit 2-3 times a week so have seen a few changes, current management is excellent and staff levels consistent. Mum is treated with care and dignity and I like to think is very popular with staff. All the staff try their hardest to make residents comfortable and safe. Management keeps me well informed of mums health and upcoming events. Very happy mum is well cared for.

As soon as I stepped through the door at Ashton Manor, I felt that this was a "home", not a care home. There is nothing institutional about Ashton Manor. My second impression was of comfort, flowers, and the open, smiling faces of the staff. In the four months my husband has been a resident, I have found a kindly, caring and endlessly patient attitude to those they look after.
I also appreciate the fact that my husband and other residents look well dressed, that the sheets are always spotless, and the meals looks really appealing.

My other came to Ashton Manor suffering from the late stages of dementia, she spent her last ten months there and was the calmest and happiest since the illness took hold. The day she died the staff were wonderful, they were kind without being too intrusive, I was very grateful to them all.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Manor Nursing Home? Likely

Ashton Manor is an old but clean and comfortable home. Room is spacious and clean. Staff are friendly and caring with a lot of patience in some cases! Nursing care is very good with updates and reviews. Entrance to building can be an issue when wheelchair needed.

The service is very good. No complaints other than he doesn't seem to get his clothes back and I don't always recognise the clothes he is wearing. Otherwise I would say 1st class.

This is a warm friendly and caring home. very like a family home and not very much like an institution. All the staff are very responsive to residents and provide laughter care and fun.

My mother has been at Ashton Manor for 8 months. The staff are friendly and very professional. I am kept informed when mum has a fall and concerns are shared regularly. Detailed information is kept about mum and records are very thorough. She is well fed and very happy there. They make a special effort to have events i.e Xmas party, Valentines day, mad hatters tea party in March and have a member of staff who organises games and entertainment. Very impressed.

My mother was a resident at Ashton Manor for five years and during that time she was treated with love and respect. The staff were understanding of her condition and did all they could to make her feel at home. The family were always welcomed and encouraged to participate in the homes activities and in decisions regarding mother's welfare. We will always be grateful.

Ashton Manor nursing home cared for my mum in the last weeks of her life. I had no hesitation of her going to the home, as my wife's mum was cared for in the last weeks of her life, and the care for both mums was excellent, and that was six years a part. The staff were very caring and I knew she was well looked after and when she passed away, they showed great dignity to mum, and they also cared for myself and my wife by making sure we were ok. The staff are very dedicated to their jobs. I cannot recommend the Nursing Home highly enough.

I have no complaints, staff good and caring.

How likely would you be to recommend Ashton Manor Nursing Home? Likely

My Mother needed a lot of nursing care which we considered excellent along with the general care that she required. My Husband and I were always kept informed of her condition and wellbeing. All the staff were very caring, friendly and helpful at all times.
It is our opinion that we couldn't have chosen a better home for her. She was happy with the room she had and called it home with many of her personal things around her.

We had a great deal of support from the team at Ashton Manor; my father was in hospital 100 miles away and getting him discharged from hospital and settled into a care home seemed to be a large task, however the support we received from the Registered Manager and team in making the arrangements enabled us to ensure that the admission was as stress free as possible. The staff team was welcoming and my father has settled well. The room is compact but has an ensuite and two chairs, the rest of the property is nicely furnished and the atmosphere warm. It is also a beautiful building with a lovely garden.

Submit a Review for Ashton Manor Nursing Home

Please avoid using names and enter a minimum of 200 and maximum of 1,000 characters - Currently 0 characters.

November 2016

Carla

Carla Dixon-Peart

Job Title: Manager

Carla leads a skilled and professional team delivering consistently high quality care. Ashton Manor, part of Beritaz Care is a forward thinking and dynamic company offering real career opportunities for anyone for a passion for Care.

We're always pleased to hear from outstanding individuals wishing to join our team. We have a great range of benefits and support. See our jobs page for more information.

Sheena Paul

Job Title: Registered Nurse

Joined: 2009

I have been a registered Nurse for 14 years. I have worked in various parts of the world, including four years in a hospital in India, and five years as a hospital nurse in Saudi Arabia. I joined the Nursing team at Ashton Manor in 2009.

"The purpose of nursing is to promote health and healing and to prevent disease, illness, injury and disability. I enjoy my work. My company gives me full support to achieve my goal. I am very happy to be part of Ashton Manor Nursing Home."

Mark

Mark Deadman

Job Title: Chef

Joined: 2013

I've spent over 20 years in the catering industry, and been head chef at Ashton Manor since 2013. I hold an NVQ Level 2 in Professional Catering, and I'm fully trained in Health and Safety in the Workplace and Health & Nutrition. As head chef, my job entails catering to special dietary needs, some of which are a bit 'out of the box' but we work alongside the management to get this right.

"I enjoy my job and get great satisfaction when receiving good feedback from residents and families. The company is consistently giving me opportunities to improve with different courses available."

Lubomira

Lubomira Trnkova

Job Title: Senior Care Assistant

Joined: 2005

I trained in hotel management in my native Slovakia, which gave me skills that have proved useful working here in the care home. I decided to become a care assistant after I spent more than a year caring for my grandmother in Slovakia; I also worked in a hospice. Both experiences have shaped my attitudes and approach, as well as my capabilities.

I've worked Ashton Manor since 2005. During my time here, I've gained NVQ Level 2 qualifications in Health & Social Care and Nutrition. I'm now working towards Level 3, after being promoted to Senior Care Assistant in 2014.

"I feel the company gives us all the support we need to succeed. I love working with people. I always enjoyed helping and being part of their lives. I decided to be a carer and I am finding this job fulfilling"

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Ashton Manor Nursing Home