Bay House Care Ltd, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex

Bay House Care in Bexhill-on-Sea, is a thirty-two bed capacity, registered nursing home with a unique warm and homely feel, where residents enjoy a person centred approach to their individual care needs from experienced staff

Each person is seen by our Care Team as a whole person, who does not just need to be cared for, but as a person who deserves to be cared for in a respectful, gentle and professional manner that acknowledges their unique identity while ensuring that all clinical needs are met.

A varied daily menu offers choice and flexibility and can be tailored to suit all dietary needs. There are a wide range of leisure activities and outings for service users to benefit from, as well as a landscaped patio that is popular during the warmer weather.

Owner: Nazir Manji

Person in charge: Tanya Goddard (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 34 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Learning Disability • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's • Cancer Care • Down Syndrome • Epilepsy • Head/Brain Injury • Hearing Impairment • Huntington's Disease • Motor Neurone Disease • Multiple Sclerosis • Muscular Dystrophy • Parkinson's Disease • Profound & Multiple Learning Disabilties • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Admission Information: Trial visits available. Ages 50+.

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): German, Spanish; Castilian, French, Italian, Portuguese

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Day Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Independent Living Training • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room • Residents Internet Access

Latest CQC* Report on Bay House Care Ltd: click here

The user 'Recommendation Score' (9.5 for Bay House Care Ltd) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Bay House Care Ltd

It's all so good. You can't get better staff. I'm always treated as I want to be treated.

Bay House Care Ltd

Our new housekeeping manager really goes to town. I have made some great friends amongst the residents here.

Bay House Care Ltd

My husband has been at Bay House for almost a month and is settling slowly.

Very good.

Very good carers.

Bay House Care Ltd

I have been a resident since October 2014 and I'm very happy at Bay House.

Bay House Care Ltd

Mother has been rendered immobile and unable to swallow. All the difficulties that are incurred in her situation are handled with respect and dignity. We feel assured that she is safe and protected.

Bay House Care Ltd

Bay House provides a spacious and relaxed environment with close attention to safety and cleanliness. A good balance is maintained in difficult circumstances to support without pushing too hard. I think the overall result is very good and always reassuring.

Bay House Care Ltd

Bay House is a very well run establishment. The staff are very friendly and helpful. My friend, who is a resident, is very happy here. All her needs are met.

Bay House Care Ltd

The care & treatment my father received when he was a Resident in Bay House, was second to none. He was treated with respect, dignity & all of the staff were kind, friendly, compassionate, caring & there was always someone available to chat with him. (I can honestly say I didn't find 'Anyone' I did not like or had a problem with.) No resident was forced to participate in activities - but gently encouraged to 'Have a go'! If you want privacy - you can have it! Never left alone for too long without being checked on, with a friendly face popping in to say 'Are you okay or is there anything you want'? I knew my father was being looked after well & would not hesitate in recommending 'Bay House' to Friends & Family. My grateful thanks to all. Lynda Taylor & Family

Bay House Care Ltd

My husband was a resident for six months until his death last year. From the moment we took the difficult decision to use a care home we had help and kindness all the way. The atmosphere was always welcoming, visitors encouraged, invited to meals etc. I visited every afternoon staying until bedtime and during that time I watched the staff, who without exception, coped so well. Residents were treated as individuals with diverse problems and however difficult, always with warmth kindness and dignity. Bay House taught me the true meaning of care and I will always be grateful for their help.

Bay House Care Ltd

Bay House was the second home my wife resided at and from the first day the difference was remarkable. Served by a smiling good natured staff, she was welcomed and treated royally. A special service which she was absolutely delighted with was the introduction of your animals to the inmates (rabbits, cats, lambs etc.). Without fail everyone was charming and although not an ideal environment it was the best that they could achieve and fully appreciated.

Bay House Care Ltd

My husband Michael thoroughly enjoyed his time at Bay House. The staff could not have been kinder and more professional. He was kept clean and the staff went in often to check he was alright. We will be trying for respite at Bay House again.

Bay House Care Ltd

My late mother moved to Bay House last year after deteriorating health following a fall in her home. From our first visit, my sisters and I found all aspects of the home and staff very satisfactory. My mother was treated with both excellent care and dignity. She was unfortunately only at Bay House a short while until she passed away in August 2013, but in that time I was very impressed by the overall standard of care.

Bay House Care Ltd

My mother spent six months in this home and she blossomed whilst in there, the care given to her was simply outstanding as was her room, food etc. For those months I regained my mother who was struggling in her own home. I cannot thank all the staff for these precious few months.

Bay House Care Ltd

My mother became increasingly difficult to manage in her own home, she was forgetting to eat and drink and use lifeline etc, resulting in UTIs and hospital stays. She came here to convalesce and stayed due totally to the love and outstanding care surrounding her by the staff here. I was given my lovely mum back and we have both had a wonderful time since she has stayed here. Mum lives in peace here surrounded by wonderful outstanding care.

Bay House Care Ltd

Provided an excellent level of service and care for my mentally retarded aunt over many years. She was happy in this establishment.

Bay House Care Ltd

I cannot speak highly enough of this care home. The friendship, respect and sense of caring shown to myself and my close friend is second to none.

Bay House Care Ltd

My mother has been a resident at Bay House since leaving hospital at the end of March 2013. This care home was recommended from several sources as being excellent for Alzheimers and disability care. I visit her every evening and we usually watch television in the lounge until she falls asleep. I am suspicious by nature and always observe the staff and the routines. I have become reassured. My mother is always well turned out and the meals i have had there (on her Birthday and Christmas) were excellently prepared. We are always offered refreshments in the evening, despite staff clearly being busy, and everyone does their best ti make a comforting atmosphere. I would recommend Bay House care as high quality care.

Bay House Care Ltd

My sister has Down Syndrome and she was in hospital from 29.12.12 to 14.3.13 suffering from meningitis where she developed a pressure ulcer. Since her move to Bay House her care has been 100%. She is now on the mend. Bay House always seems to be clean and tidy, the food is great - I have eaten there, and the staff are brilliant, what more can I say?

Submit a Recommendation for Bay House Care Ltd

Please note this form is only for Recommendations (ie positive comments) & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required.

November 2011

Care Employer of the Year

Recipient: Bay House Care Ltd

Date: Friday 25 Nov 2011

There are no jobs posted yet for Bay House Care Ltd

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Bay House Care Ltd