Copper Beech House Nursing Centre, Uckfield, East Sussex

Copper Beach House is custom-built for a wide range of nursing care needs, these can include post-operative care, convalescence and palliative care. Respite and long-term care packages are put together by experienced professionals and tailored to individual requirements.

A purpose-built property has modern safety features, underfloor heating and is wheelchair accessible. Comfortable furniture is colour co-ordinated and the patio and garden areas are great for relaxing in.

Special diets and tastes are catered for, with the home taking mealtimes seriously and welcoming visitors to join in for a small charge.

An active lifestyle is supported, with carers helping residents to access the hobbies and interests that inspire them and there are many events for both clients and their loved ones to get involved with.

Person in charge: Katherine Dedman (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Copper Beech House Nursing Centre: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.8 for Copper Beech House Nursing Centre) is based on 35 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My husband received excellent palliative care prior to his death in 2013. I and family received caring support. I received excellent nursing care which progressed into supportive and helpful convalescent care. At all times the staff at all levels were caring and attentive. Always ready to give the little extra which meant so much.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech House Nursing Centre? Extremely likely

A personal caring team
My mother came to the nursing home in June 2015 from a period in hospital. She died in the 25th of July and throughout her short stay the entire team at Copper Beech demonstrated the absolute highest levels of professionalism. This was delivered with care and dignity. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this nursing home to anyone.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

We found Copper Beech nursing home to be excellent. My mother was extremely well looked after. The staff were caring, considerate, friendly and very capable. We were always made to feel welcome when visiting.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My dad loved his time at Copper Beech, his room with doors out onto the garden was ideal, it made dad's time room-bound so much nicer as he could see the lovely garden and have fresh air!! The staff were all fantastic, caring, professional and respectful to my dad's needs at all times. Their care for myself also was second to none and they were always there to give a hug or tissue when needed. Thank you Copper Beech you are fab.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I cannot recommend Copper Beech enough. The staff always make you feel that you are the only one despite the number of people they are looking after. The nursing and the care is wonderful - my mother was so happy there and if I ever need care myself that is where I would like to be.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Copper Beech Houseis a Bupa Nursing Home. It is a purpose built, light and airy. The rooms are clean and cosy and my father is comfortable and very content to be there. In their capable and friendly hands, his palliative care is excellent. The staff are, without exception, kind and attentive. The home is very well managed and run by all the staff. Visitors are made welcome and my father is as happy as can be.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My Aunt came to the home in July 2014, following a fall a fractured hip and hospital stay four months and eventually a stroke which affected the part of the brain which controlled blood pressure she as then unable to sit upright for more than a few I minutes and couldn't stand at all without passing out. So she was unable to go back to her flat where up until then she had managed with carers four times daily and family support. She was registered blind with mobility problems and incontinence. Copper Beech cannot be faulted in their care and attention to my aunt and we wouldn't hesitate in recommending them to anyone. Staff were always cheerful, welcoming and attentive. My Aunt died on 2nd April everyone treated her with utmost dignity.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

All staff were very kind and helpful.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My mother spent over two years at Copper Beeches until her death this week. We have found the staff unfailingly courteous supportive and caring towards my mother and our family. It has been a very stressful few weeks up to her death and the staff have made a big difference to how we have coped with her last illness and death. We have heard positive recommendations from the under takers, doctors and friends.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Very friendly service. Lovely atmosphere. Very tasty meals. Home baked cake every afternoon. professional and very caring staff.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I stayed here for two weeks after a fall in which I fractured a vertebrae. The care I received was excellent and the atmosphere warm and friendly. There is 24 hour covered by qualified nurses and the local GP practice calls in twice a week. It was easier to a see a GP while resident than booking an appointment!! If I have one criticism it is that the beds were really uncomfortable, the bedding synthetic and scratchy. Room for improvement there, otherwise 4 Star.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I was given seven days by the council to find a care home for my aunt, Living in Edinburgh this was tricky! no one would recommend a place so it was the phone call with Patricia High the manager giving my selection. My aunt received care of the highest standard form her admission in 2012 until she died in December 2014. The staff were outstanding and those standards are instilled form the leadership at the top. I cannot thank them all enough for their care and attention.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech House Nursing Centre? Likely

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Very caring and helpful staff with a lovely atmosphere. The home is well managed.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My mother was admitted to Copper Beech for palliative care as a result of an aggressive brain tumour. In the 3 months that she was there, she was treated with dignity, compassion and respect by all the staff and, we as a family were shown the same. The staff have all been together at Copper Beech for many years and this shows in the friendliness and teamwork within the home. Their caring and professional approach was much appreciated.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My aunt and uncle have now been in Copper Beech for over a year. One is always nervous when choosing a place for ones relatives, worrying that they will not be looked after kindly. Copper Beech has more than reassured me, and my extended family. Their care, understanding, patience and help has all been wonderful, it even began before the time they went in, by Pat, the manager ringing me in a follow up call after my initial enquiry to see how things were and offering help. I was given a tour of the home and full description of care being offered. Help for my aunt was immediate on arrival with the provision of a colostomy bag. The staff are always very informative and helpful. Great care and understanding is given to make my aunt and uncle's final years as comfortable and happy as possible.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My husband became a resident in November 2014. The home is excellent, clean, the staff are friendly and always happy. I visit every other day, I have lunch with my husband in his room and coffee is available, I can help myself in the kitchen for this, free of charge, my meal costs £3.00. The office staff are there if you need any help and Pat, the manager, is warm and you feel comfortable to talk to her, I feel at ease in her company. My husband has not yet joined in with any activities at present but there are several choices I believe. I feel happy that I got my husband into this home.

Very Good Service and Care
Staff were excellent, friendly, considerate and helpful. They would do anything for you. The chef was very helpful and accommodating with special dietary requirements. The rooms were kept very clean and the activities staff worked very hard to provide interesting activities for the residents. Overall a very happy experience.

How likely would you be to recommend Copper Beech House Nursing Centre? Likely

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I was only in Copper Beech for 1 week post operative care and was very impressed with the care I received. All the staff were very caring friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and it was so helpful that my husband was able to have lunch with me every day. I would certainly recommend Copper Beech to my friends.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Very kind, friendly staff. Nothing is too much trouble!

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Very happy with the level of care, food served and personnel.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Even in the most difficult/complex situations (in which my wife finds herself) if any minor etc problem arises then a sensible resolution is put in place. It is not a faceless bureaucracy and so is open to input and discussion to establish a solution.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I am delighted with the standard of care my elderly mother receives. The nursing staff care is kind, considerate and understanding. Their support to both resident and family has been excellent. I have been particularly impressed with the amount of dignity they allow each resident. There is always a warm welcome when visiting.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I come everyday to visit my wife and think it is wonderful in here.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I am only here for a short time because I have broken my right wrist and can't do anything for myself. I am totally happy with everything here.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

It is a lovely home, all members of the staff are polite and friendly, making you feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The activities are always made fun and there is a great spirit among staff.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Very friendly. I appreciate the open door policy. Staff and management very friendly and always prepared to listen. Great that I can visit any time and bring our dog in to visit too. Helpful to be involved in my husbands care plan and promptly informed of any changes etc.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

This is our first experience of being in a care home and thin k it is very good. We much appreciate the services that are provided.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I have been extremely pleased with all aspects of my fathers care. I would highly recommend this home to any individual/family needing this type of full time nursing care.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

Excellent care, staff are all kind and helpful nothing is too much trouble. Very good.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I would certainly recommend it - everybody very kind and helpful.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

My aunt has lived in a series of care homes throughout the country, eventually being moved to be close to relations. Copper Beech has and still is proving to be of an excellent standard on all levels. The staff are extremely warm and welcoming, with any requests never being too much trouble. Many thanks to them all.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

No better home than this to retire to when one is unable to manage at home.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I like it because it's quiet and I'm well looked after.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I have been a resident at Copper Beech since 11/11/13 and regard myself as being extremely lucky to find a vacancy there. I am unable to think of any aspect of the regime that could be improved upon. I am very happy to be here, not only on account of the treatment I receive but because from my room I have a view of a well-managed small garden.

Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

I have to be stuck here in this room as I can't go out anymore, but it is the best it can be. I have a nice view of the sheep and a dog in the garden - although they're not real.

Submit a Review for Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

There are no jobs posted yet for Copper Beech House Nursing Centre

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Copper Beech House Nursing Centre