Lauriston, St Leonards-on-Sea, East Sussex

St Leonard-on-Sea's Lauriston Christian Nursing Home offers a flexible care service for a wide range of elderly and related care needs, maintained by a team of dedicated and qualified care staff.

The home is well-situated for the pursuit of an independent lifestyle, with many shops and services nearby and great coastal views to enjoy.

The home's expertise has been shown to be effective in looking after cancer and stroke care needs, as well as people with Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis.

Lauriston provides nursing beds, residential elderly and residential dementia beds.

Group: MHA (Methodist Homes)

Person in charge: Patrick McCrossan (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 60 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Epilepsy • Hearing Impairment • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Speech Impairment • Stroke • Visual Impairment

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Smoking not permitted • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Residents Kitchenette • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Lauriston: click here

The user 'Review Score' (8.2 for Lauriston) is based on 5 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Please note that before 1st July 2015 carehome.co.uk only accepted Recommendations (positive only), and as of 1st July 2015 all of the Recommendations are referred to as Reviews, and along with all Reviews (positive and negative) submitted since the 1st July 2015 they are included in the calculation of the Review Score. For further information on our move from Recommendations to Reviews please click here.

Lauriston

My aunt came to Lauriston after two other local homes said they could not cope with her falling so much. A programme was immediately put into practice. I can not fault the care and attention she received even as her dementia got worse. She really enjoyed the food there and ate well right up to the end. The end of life care was very good and I was always listened to when explaining some difficulty. The staff were all genuinely upset when she died and very caring for my cousin and myself.

How likely would you be to recommend Lauriston? Extremely likely

Jonathan Catterwell, Service Manager at Lauriston responded to this review on 02 Sep 2015:

Thank you for your kind words which will be passed on to the team at The Lauriston. Our deepest sympathies for your loss, your aunt will be missed in the home. I'm glad we were able to make the last few days as comfortable as possible.

Lauriston

Lovely clean home. Good staff. Very caring staff. Supportive. Take great care of my dad. Lots of activities in the home.

How likely would you be to recommend Lauriston? Extremely likely

Patrick McCrossan, Home Manager at Lauriston responded to this review on 04 Aug 2015:

Thank you. The team work very hard on all these areas and we’re always looking for ideas for new and exciting activities that both residents and relatives can enjoy together.

Lauriston

Staff friendly and supportive to residents and relatives. They are knowledgeable of their residents needs. The home is lovely and clean. There are activities put on everyday. resident all seem happy.

How likely would you be to recommend Lauriston? Likely

Thank you. The team are very committed to ensuring we provide person-centred care and are always looking at ways to encourage engagement.

Lauriston

I was delighted when I first walked into Lauriston. First impressions was how clean it was and how calm it was. The manager and staff are all very caring. I know I can leave my husband in excellent hands.

Thank you. We work to a very strict cleaning regime and ensure the home is safe and clean. The team here are always on the look out for ways we can keep cleanliness to an optimum.

Lauriston

Since the new manager has taken over at Lauriston I've seen a great improvement of the home. If I or my family have any concerns about anything the manager is always there to listen and act on the issue straight away. We could not wish for a nicer person.

Submit a Review for Lauriston

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lauriston

There are no jobs posted yet for Lauriston

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lauriston