Lydfords Care Home, Lewes, East Sussex

Lydfords Care Home is situated in East Hoathly and is easily accessible to shops, public transport and local amenities. Lewes, Uckfield and Hailsham are all within easy reach.

This purpose built home has a beautiful garden offering panoramic views of the Sussex Downs.

The accommodation offered at Lydfords is in single occupancy rooms, some of which can accommodate companions. All rooms have TV and telephone points. Some rooms have en-suite facilities.

The home offers residents quiet sittings rooms and TV lounges to relax in. There is a separate dining room, where residents can share meal times with others. Traditional home cooking is served with daily choices. Special diets can be catered for.

The home benefits from regular visits by a qualified chiropodist and hair stylist. A range of complementary therapies can also be arranged for residents.

A varied programme of activities is available.

Group: Four Seasons Health Care

Person in charge: Maria Stefea (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 50 residents

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): Filipino, Bulgarian, Polish

Facilities & Services: Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Near Public Transport • Lift • Stairlift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Lydfords Care Home: click here

The user Review Score of 8.6 for Lydfords Care Home is based on 6 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.590 is made up of 4.75 Points relating to the ratings and 3.84 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My mother has been at Lydfords for 3 years and is very happy there. She loves her room the view to the garden, the food but most of all the fantastic care she receives from all the staff. As a family we are relieved and happy that she is getting all the care she needs. It makes it easier for us knowing we do not have to worry. We are kept informed all the time if she is poorly and we can't visit. I have no hesitation in recommending Lydfords to anyone's parents or relatives needing care.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My husband and I have always found the staff very caring towards our mother. They are very good at keeping the family informed of any problems and liaise closely with local services who provide a continuity of care. As we all work full time we feel lucky to find such a place so close to us and our mothers home. Unfortunately as a family we were unable to offer our mother the level of care she needed however Lydfords have given her this support and have adapted this to her deteriorating condition. Thank you

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

The most outstanding aspect of Lydfords is the staff. The manager is lovely and has been really helpful in the two years my mother has been there. Her senior nursing staff are totally focused on the residents care and give the impression that they would never give up trying to do the best for them. Although there is a regular turn over of care assistants, I haven't met one yet who I wouldn't trust to treat my mother kindly. With respect, I am often amazed at how cheerful they are, even when dealing with the unpleasant bits of the job. I would also like to point out that Lydfords has wonderful gardens , but it's the people working there that have convinced me that my mother couldn't be in better hands.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My mother has dementia with Lewy bodies, manifesting primarily as confusion, memory loss and mobility issues - despite this she remains very independent. Staff respect this and have gently adjusted and increased the level of support and care she needs as her condition has progressed.
I have a disabled daughter, so have additional commitments in my home life that can sometimes prevent me making my weekly stop see Mum. However, when this happens I can relax in the knowledge that Mum is safe and well looked after. In my experience, staff have always contacted me if there is an issue with Mum, whether it is to advise me of her condition or to seek my advice.
I find all the staff - reception staff, cleaners, catering staff, carers, nursing staff and the manager, to be very helpful, approachable and, above all, kind. In my experience, they treat the people in their care with dignity and respect. There is a happy atmosphere and the staff acknowledge the residents and engage them in conversation.
I find Lydfords and its staff welcoming, inclusive and caring - which is what I want for my Mum.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

My parents thought that the staff were always friendly, caring and helpful and treated them with dignity and respect. They found the room warm and comfortable and the food delicious. My mothers (usually poor) appetite returned and she came back home much fitter and stronger.

How likely would you be to recommend Lydfords Care Home? Extremely LIKELY

Could do with WIFI connections in rooms. Patient caring staff,good humoured at all times. Nothing too much trouble.
Excellent administration.

Submit a Review for Lydfords Care Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Lydfords Care Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Lydfords Care Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Lydfords Care Home