St Raphael's, Haywards Heath, East Sussex

St Raphael’s is a renovated property that suits the daily care needs of older and mentally ill residents, who are looked after thanks to the pastoral care techniques of the Sisters.

This charming property is constructed from fine local sandstone, with many pleasing features retained despite being upgraded to suit the practice of modern care capabilities.

The Sisters continue to adhere to the vision of founder Canon Peter Maes, taking an active part in the day-to-day running of the provision.

Group: Trustees Augustinian Community

Person in charge: Sister Mary Basil (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: East Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Voluntary / Not for Profit Owned , 58 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Dementia • Mental Health Condition • Old Age • Physical Disability • Sensory Impairment

Latest CQC* Report on St Raphael's: click here

The user Review Score of 8.6 for St Raphael's is based on 5 Review/Recommendations. This Review Score of 8.553 is made up of 4.881 Points relating to the ratings and 3.672 Points relating to the number of positive Reviews/Recommendations.

My husband who died in 2010 was a patient at St Raphaels for 6 years and I have nothing but praise for every aspect of the care that was given not only to him but to all his family as well. The care and comfort offered to his family was certainly much more than I would even have expected and demonstrates that at St Raphaels not only is excellent medical care given to the patient but to every aspect of his life as well. St Raphaels became like an extended family for all of us. As a direct result of visiting my husband and hearing about it from us there are now 2 more residents living there. A real testament indeed.

If your parent wants the best care possible then look no further. All the staff are excellent and cheerful, No mean feat given the testing circumstances. If I ever need care, I hope it will be here.

I cannot speak highly enough of the care and attention paid to my ex wife, by all the staff at St Raphel's, she has been suffering from Alzheimers for the past 3-4 years and it is obvious the staff are used to dealing with this disease. Mrs Dowd always seems quietly contented, tidily dressed and preserved. I visit her every three weeks, together with my elder daughter and grandaughter. All visits are unannounced and can be made anytime during the day. The costs for the home are very reasonable.

St Raphael's is an absolutely wonderful care home. My mother has been a resident there for the past nine years and I have never had a moment's doubt about the exceptional quality of the care she has been given.
The atmosphere amongst staff and residents is extremely warm and cheerful. Visiting is a pleasure and you are welcomed with offers of tea and coffee and homemade cakes. I have never had any hesitation about taking my children to visit their grandmother even though my youngest was only two years old when my mother moved there.
Other homes we looked at had newer facilities, en-suite bathrooms and so on. St Raphael's has instead a feel of a real home rather than a hotel. It makes for a wonderfully warm relaxed atmosphere. It is always clean and my mother is always beautifully dressed. She is treated with dignity and love.
My mother has been nursed with the utmost professionalism and attentiveness. The staff are exceptional individuals from the management down. There is very little staff turnover and it is a credit to the home to see many of the same staff over these past nine years.
As a family we will always be grateful that a place like St Raphael's exists. When we leave at the end of a visit I know absolutely that I am leaving my mother in the best possible hands. I don't think I can give higher praise than that.

I came to St Raphael's for a month respite care after a major operation. The service was exceptional and the quality of care of the highest standard. The sisters and staff were highly efficient and focussed, but low key in their manner, which made for a restful and healing environment. I would call St Raphael's a hidden gem and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.

Submit a Review for St Raphael's

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for St Raphael's

There are no jobs posted yet for St Raphael's

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at St Raphael's