Pendean House Nursing Home, Midhurst, West Sussex

Originally a country home, Pendean House now cares for people who require nursing and residential care and has been accredited in the national End of Life programme ‘Six Steps’ to ensure all staff are highly trained in providing holistic end of life care.

The home prides itself on being fully wheelchair accessible, with a mobility friendly garden and lift access within the home. The home ensures residents feel at home, and provide some larger rooms for couples or siblings to live in if they feel most comfortable that way.

Residents can enjoy fresh meals daily whilst enjoying views of the well-kept garden. Visitors of residents can feel free to join their loved ones at mealtimes.

The home spends time ensuring that the calendar of events at the home is engaging and entertaining. Events such as cocktail parties, reminiscence therapies and music shows can be enjoyed in Pendean House.

Person in charge: Jackie Travers (Home Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 44 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability • Younger Adults

Languages Spoken by Staff (other than English): French, Dutch, Polish, Swedish, Tagalog

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Convalescent Care • Physiotherapy • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Pendean House Nursing Home: click here

The user 'Review Score' (9.2 for Pendean House Nursing Home) is based on 9 reviews. The Review Score is is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user reviews submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user reviews submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Review Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user reviews please click here.

Pendean House Nursing Home

Nothing to add other than superb!

Pendean House Nursing Home

This home is excellent in every way.

Pendean House Nursing Home

My husband spends every Wednesday at Pendean giving me a much needed rest as I have had 2 episodes of clots on my lungs. We are both 82. He is very happy there and the staff are exemplary.

Pendean House Nursing Home

Cannot praise high enough. Care and concern for my mother is second to none. Home is clean, friendly interaction with residents excellent. Food and activities excellent. Residents interact with each other, laughter, learning - activities, something going on each morning and afternoon. My mother is happy, feels safe, well fed. All employees chat with us too, we are always kept informed.

Pendean House Nursing Home

This home has a very welcoming attitude, staff always have a welcoming smile. We have always been offered a coffee or tea when we visit. The lady we visit is very well looked after in a comfortable room.

Pendean House Nursing Home

I would recommend Pendean nursing home to anyone. The love and warmth you get from the staff and management is something else. The day my mum came here I will never forget, the support I got from the staff was just amazing they made us as a family welcome in everyway. My mum was very poorly when she came in and a year later my mum is still with us, the support and care from each and everyone at Pendean has helped my mum so much and I believe that is why my mum is still with us and as a family we will always be grateful for what everyone has done.

Pendean House Nursing Home

I have no hesitation in recommending this establishment. It is a haven for those in need of its wonderful service.

Pendean House Nursing Home

My husband (aged nearly 100 years old!) and I find ourselves resident here quite unexpectedly. We are very happy here and would not want to be anywhere else.

Pendean House Nursing Home

My mother was very fortunate to spend her last days at Pendean. It is a truly lovely place and all the residents seem very happy. When considering care, everyone wants the best and then worries about the final decision. I would recommend anyone to select Pendean, your worries will be over. The staff are wonderful and cannot do enough for both the in-patient/resident and their relatives. The one thing that struck us upon our first inspection visit was that all the residents were talking to each other and all seemed bright and cheerful. There were also plenty of staff. The manager is a lovely person who has years of experience and genuinely cares about everyone. The reception and nursing staff are just the same.

Submit a Review for Pendean House Nursing Home

There are currently no awards/recognitions posted yet for Pendean House Nursing Home

There are no jobs posted yet for Pendean House Nursing Home

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Pendean House Nursing Home