Rectory House Nursing Home, Sompting, Lancing, West Sussex
Rectory House Nursing Home
Rectory House Nursing Home

Tel: 0808 137 1521

Rectory House Nursing Home is a beautifully preserved historic building with a Georgian style frontage and inviting driveway lined with oak, pine and chestnut trees. The main part of the house was built in 1785, but the original part of the building dates back to the 1580's. The house has been refurbished but still retains the gracious features of the past - high ceilings and attractive ornate cornices. The two-acre mature landscaped gardens are perfect for residents to either relax or convalesce.

The main aspect of the house faces South with all of the rooms having en suite facilities and emergency nurse-call systems. Residents can also bring items of personal furniture, momento's and other treasures - all helping them to feel that Rectory House is their real 'Home from Home.' There are two beautifully appointed lounges where residents can relax, read a book or socialise. The conservatory with views over the garden is another place where residents can enjoy quiet moments.

Caring and qualified staff are on hand 24 hours a day ensuring that all resident's needs are catered for. Regular weekly physiotherapy sessions are held and local Doctors, Chiropodists, Dentist, Optician, Hairdressers as well as Clergy of all denominations make visits.

Group: Caring Homes Group

Person in charge: S MacDonald (Manager)

Local Authority / Social Services: West Sussex County Council (click for contact details)

Type of Service: Care Home with nursing – Privately Owned , 48 residents

Registered Care Categories*: Old Age • Physical Disability

Specialist Care Categories: Cancer Care • Multiple Sclerosis • Parkinson's Disease • Stroke

Admission Information: Residents aged over 50 years. Ages 65+.

Facilities & Services: Palliative Care • Respite Care • Own GP if required • Own Furniture if required • Pets by arrangement • Close to Local shops • Near Public Transport • Minibus or other transport • Lift • Wheelchair access • Gardens for residents • Phone Point in own room/Mobile • Television point in own room

Latest CQC* Report on Rectory House Nursing Home: click here

Current Bed Vacancies Posted by Rectory House Nursing Home

(Please Contact Us for further information on our current Bed Vacancies)
posted 04 Jul 2014

There are no awards/recognitions posted yet for Rectory House Nursing Home

The user 'Recommendation Score' (8.7 for Rectory House Nursing Home) is calculated using a combination of the average of all ratings on user Recommendations submitted in the last 2 years, and the total number of user recommendations submitted in relation to the number of beds at the care home. The maximum Recommendation Score is 10. To see more about the carehome.co.uk user recommendations please click here.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Friday 7 February 2014 by Valerie Stenning (Daughter of Resident)

My dad is well looked after by the staff. He has been in care for nearly 6 years. He is happy most of the time. I like the staff. They work hard and dad is always very clean and well fed.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Tuesday 11 June 2013 by Rita R (Daughter of resident)

The nursing home is well presented and there is always a welcoming smile upon arrival. I would strongly recommend this home to anyone. The staff in all areas are friendly, kind and helpful. I have had to stay overnight and was supplied with food and drink and company throughout the late evening and early morning.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Friday 3 August 2012 by Stephen (Son of res)

Mother found a home at Rectory House after living by herself and trying to cope with increasing frailty. She settled down very well with the 24/7 support and care. She has now been there for over three years in relative good health and contentment for her years.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Friday 3 August 2012 by DAN PARKER (son of resident)

My mum has just moved into Rectory House from a long stay in hospital, what could have been a traumatic and frightening experience was made such a pleasure by all at Rectory House. It was an easy transition smoothed by excellent staff who were caring, reassuring, informative and generous of their time to make it a happy process.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Wednesday 1 August 2012 by Peter H (Resident)

I made a really good choice. Unfortunately I have continued to have acquired terminal cancer and I'm becoming less independent slowly. To prevent any negatives I decided to be positive and contacted Rectory House, Sompting. Nice staff trained to a high standard, beautiful Georgian building (eat your heart out Darcy and Ms Bennett) great food, safety, happy move, cost, looking no further than under my nose.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Wednesday 1 August 2012 by Pamela N (Resident)

This is my home now. It is a good home. It is clean. Staff take care of me. I see a doctor if I need to. Staff are friendly and kind. I am happy and could not be in a better home.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Wednesday 11 July 2012 by Jeffrey D (Son of Resident)

I am pleased that my mother resides at Rectory House. The staff are extremely caring and it’s good to see the same faces when visiting. The home is very clean and always without unpleasant smells. The furnishing standards are high, nothing is tatty. Rectory House is a very good example of a well-run nursing home with high standards.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Wednesday 11 July 2012 by Dorothy D (Resident)

I am a resident at Rectory House where they look after me very well. The staff are very kind and the food is good. My room is very comfortable, but I do enjoy being in the lounge with other residents. People come some afternoons to entertain us.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Wednesday 11 July 2012 by Carole D (Daughter-in-law of resident)

We feel fortunate to have found Rectory House for our mother (my mother-in-law) and she is very happy there. The standards are high there. It doesn't smell of old people, as some homes do. The food is very good and the staff are excellent in their caring. Rectory House is a good example of how all the care homes in this country should be.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Friday 6 July 2012 by George C (Resident)

I like being at Rectory House. The staff work hard and are always kind to me. I thank them for looking after me so well.

Review of Rectory House Nursing Home on Friday 6 July 2012 by Betty H (Resident)

I have lived at Rectory House for 10 years and I love it here. I was a keen gardener and the garden is lovely. I cannot manage to do any now but love to watch the gardeners. The staff are kind and are my friends.

Submit a Recommendation for Rectory House Nursing Home

Please note this form is only for Recommendations & User Ratings. All submissions are verified by our team of editors, and we will contact you if further details are required. Fields marked in red are required

I certify that this recommendation & rating is my genuine opinion of Rectory House Nursing Home and in submitting it I agree to the terms of website use (carehome.co.uk/terms), which I have read and fully understand.

Staff Nurse

To be discussed

(Care Home / Nursing Home • Full Time or Part Time)

Lancing , West Sussex

01 Jul 2014

Care Home Idol 2013

There are currently no Care Home Idol entrants who have performed at Rectory House Nursing Home